Crashed~N2~Me

John Quidilla Needs Help

95 posts in this topic

Legal or illegal are the only two options imo......follow the laws or break them. Ask that there be an exception through the system, build a group for support and guidance, but follow the law...whatever that may dictate. Sorry, my heart goes out to this gentleman and his family but I've had a bit of "bad luck " with USCIS and adoption of a niece who was raised by my wife. We could adopt but she wouldn't have any immigration rights so she stays with her great aunt till she can legally reunite with us in the States. The system isn't perfect, but it is what we have to deal with.

Bob

• Married in Manila: 08/20/2010
  • I-130 Sent to lockbox: 10/01/2010
  • I-130 Received: 10/03/2010
  • NOA-1 Received: 10/04/2010
  • NOA-2 Received: 02/01/2011
  • Received NVC: 02/08/2011
  • AOS Bill Generated: 02/10/2011
  • AOS Bill Paid: 02/10/2011
  • DS 3032 Emailed: 02/10/2011
  • IV Bill Generated: 02/14/2011
  • IV Bill Paid: 02/14/2011
  • IV Packet Received @ NVC:02/22/2011
  • NVC Completed 03/08/2011
  • Interview Date Post Sputum results May 17
  • Results negative, Interview scheduled 6/13
  • Placed in A/R 06/13/2011
  • I-601 required 07/18/2011
  • I-601 filed 11/9/2011
  • I-601 approved 11/29/11
  • 2nd Sputum test ordered 12/21/11
  • 2nd Sputum Test passed 02/21/12
  • Visa Approved!! 03/15/2012
  • Visa In Hand 03/17/2012
  • POE SFO 03/24/2012

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

He cares for his 9 year old brother.

That at least makes more sense, does he realise that he is working illegally?

Begs the question where the Mother and Sister are, full time college courses would allow them to look after him.

But it seems they are also working illegally.

You realise that Student Visa's are non-immigrant visa's and that they will both have to leave sometime anyway, sooner if they are found to be violating the terms of their visa's.

Begs the question where the Mother and Sister are, full time college courses would allow them to look after him.

You realise that Student Visa's are non-immigrant visa's and that they will both have to leave sometime anyway, sooner if they are found to be violating the terms of their visa's.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I don't usually comment on these kinds of things but I've read each post and the petition link. While my heart goes out to the emotional difficulty he must be facing and the fact this is truly a heartbreaking situation... my issue is that he entered illegally and is now facing those consequences and we are being asked to consider (our choice of course) whether to sign this petition or not.

I've been in the process of immigration since Nov 2010 trying to get my husband home. We have done everything the right way, we haven't lied, we haven't tried to skirt around the requirements. We are doing everything as the regulations and the law requires. I'm a USC... i was born here.. and yet.. we still don't have this process completed. We are still facing the separation and being put on hold for our family unit to be reunited.

I understand the families issues and I understand the enormous amount of responsibility he feels towards caring for his family but when all the other things are taken away the bottom line is he entered illegally. Why is it fair to accomodate a person who entered illegally and get his status into a legal status and put ppl doing things the right way on hold?

10/02/2010 Nikah/Marriage in Karachi
USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
03/24/2011 i 130 approved!!!
NVC JOURNEY
03/30/2011 NVC received case-04/07/2011 NVC Case Number Assigned
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
05/20/2011 Medical Appt/passed
06/15/2011 Interview result AP
06/21/2011 Submitted requested docs..under review
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

03/07/2013 Case returned to USCIS waiting for NOIR/reaffirmation

04/18/2013 USCIS received case for review

08/19/2013 Received NOIR to respond by 9/18/2013

9/9/2013 Responded to NOIR/USCIS received documents awaiting response

9/20/2013 USCIS reaffirmed sent to embassy

1/04/14 Case opened for review

8/31/15 Interview- no questions visa approved on the spot

9/8/15 visa status issued

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

I don't usually comment on these kinds of things but I've read each post and the petition link.

Thank you.

While my heart goes out to the emotional difficulty he must be facing and the fact this is truly a heartbreaking situation... my issue is that he entered illegally and is now facing those consequences

:huh::blink:

I understand the families issues

:unsure:

and I understand

:unsure:

the bottom line is he entered illegally.

Thanks for already bolding & underlining that 1. Really emphasizes your grasp of the situation. :star:

Why is it fair to accomodate a person who entered illegally

:huh::blink:

mmmmmmmmmm... :hehe: I think you might want to reread and reconsider your position bcoz....mmmmmmmm :hehe: ...well...sorry to break this to you but I...well...I feel a little :blush: for you bcoz...well...I think you should be told....Gosh...this is awkward (say that with a sing song)

He entered the US LEGALLY on a L2.

(but) Not all is lost...Although an F for reading comprehension...you get a :star: for typing and bolding...and a :star: for sincere empathy. :thumbs:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Ok my bad reading all the postings at one sitting and your debating the topic was a bit overwhelming at one time with all the comments and information not to mention I was up with my daughter who has some medical issues but at any rate my bad no matter...

Point is.. he isn't here legally at this point... He/his family is doing what exactly?... i keep reading about the student visas etc and how even the mother is on a student visa? and yet they are able to make ends meet? Bit strange to me

I have also read many times that when a petitioner dies before the visa process is complete.. there are no other options. I validate his unfortunate issues but this should have been taken care of prior to them becoming an issue.. you also read about many children who come and then after 18 don't handle the process to finish their own green card status and yet get deported. It's terrible i agree but the law is the law.

And why is his situation so unique from all the others facing similar circumstances? OR for our need for my husband to be here when our daughter has brain surgery for the tumor with a 50% chance of hemorrhaging to death?

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
05/03/2011 CASE COMPLETE- In Que for INTERVIEW!!-05/17/2011 Received interview letter and info via email
EMBASSY JOURNEY
07/25/2011 CO called did phone interview result: PENDING MANDATORY AP/CO told us they have to do namechecks

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Ok my bad reading all the postings at one sitting and your debating the topic was a bit overwhelming at one time with all the comments and information not to mention I was up with my daughter who has some medical issues but at any rate my bad no matter...

Very gracious of you. :thumbs: My wife just informed me... you are typically objective and accountable if you make a mistake. I respect that and apologize for my prior post being too sarcastic. :blush: Thank you for being courteous inspite of my bafoonery.

Point is.. he isn't here legally at this point... He/his family is doing what exactly?... i keep reading about the student visas etc and how even the mother is on a student visa? and yet they are able to make ends meet? Bit strange to me

Yes but...I view the word "illegal" innappropriate for John's situation. He aged out of status while waiting for his fathers EB1. (if the EB came through John would not be facing deportation today) John chose to pursue status adjustment options and remain with his family until forced (via deportation) to leave. Frankly, I think many would do the same in given situation.

His mother is schooling and working. Same with one of his sisters. I'm confident his father (who was a specialized upper level executive) had a life insurance poilicy to help cover income replacement needs.

I have also read many times that when a petitioner dies before the visa process is complete.. there are no other options. I validate his unfortunate issues but this should have been taken care of prior to them becoming an issue.

That's the crux of his issue. There was no expectation his father would die and therefore the EB was the appropriate option. The problem is the system. In this particular case...John aged out. Dad died. The system does not have an accomodation for his adjustment.

It's terrible i agree but the law is the law.

That is why they are seeking clemency. The law is flawed and John is caught in a trap.

Again...I apologize for my prior sarcasm. I will remember to show you the same courtesy you gave me.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Timeline

Thank you.. sorry for the issue before... daughters needs come first right now and when i jump around i tend to keep going instead of going back to gain the info again. BTW.. I do tend to be objective because there are so many different variables to everybody... lol my husband says thats one thing he loves about me.. thats the libra in me ;)

The immigration system is broken. I'm not sure what exactly needs to be fixed. I've seen ppl lie cheat and steal their way to a visa and then once they get here lie cheat and steal their way to their green card via VAWA or other means and be allowed to stay and yet we see these issues as well and they get deported.

Yet those who are trying to do everything the right way tend to be stuck in that basket of apples. Having someone die unexpected is horrible in itself but to know that would be the way to remain with your family is just tragic. I am truly sorry for his loss and the struggles he's facing... there are many of us facing issues like this. Just had a friend give birth to a baby still born and yet the embassy still won't let her husband come and heal with her. He never saw the infant except via pictures just after the stillbirth.

Just makes me want to cry, literally, because of the system we get to be with our loved ones and yet it can be an obstacle as well. Something to reunite families can also hold us back.

Wish him the best and just pray he has an excellent attorney.. i've seen these kinds of things turn around before with the right legal assistance.

Edited by EAbbas

USCIS JOURNEY
11/10/2010 -Sent
NVC JOURNEY
EMBASSY JOURNEY

9/10/15 visa received

9/19/15 POE Charlotte

p9WGm4.png

Snip

They law is the law. One question? Why does he not just stay illegally like the millions of other illegals in his State that Obama's justice dept works so hard to protect. He could get hooked up with a fake SSN and ID for about 1000.00 US and file a lawsuit if someone profiled him.

Trolls always have that unique inability to lay low and fly under the radar. :hehe:

I wonder who this sock puppet belongs to.... :unsure:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

My father recently passed away, he was a senior executive with Fords, and was offered a job years back with Fords in the US.

He chose not to move, but would also have been EB1.

So using this logic my Brother should be entitled to move to the US?

To state the obvious being able to apply for a work based GC and receiving one are not the same.

If this was such a big deal then there was a 9 year period during which his Company could have applied, there is obviously something we are not being told.

And what has come out is pretty damming. even if it was like extracting teeth.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

My father recently passed away, he was a senior executive with Fords, and was offered a job years back with Fords in the US.

To state the obvious being able to apply for a work based GC and receiving one are not the same.

If this was such a big deal then there was a 9 year period during which his Company could have applied, there is obviously something we are not being told.

Boiler...no offense but you kinda have a reputation regarding your predisposition(s). :whistle:

IMO...you are not being objective.

My wife and I are heading out for the day. I will have to reply to subsequent posts later. Thank you for your participation. I respect your knowledge / experience and...You have definitely helped John get some exposure via this thread. That's all I am really after. Getting his story out and let people make their own choice regarding his petition.

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Trolls always have that unique inability to lay low and fly under the radar. :hehe:

I wonder who this sock puppet belongs to.... :unsure:

I am far from a troll or a sock puppet. I was using reality to illustrate the absurd. whatever you case may be or if which side you land on it, the fact remains that there are millions of your neighbors in your state who just ignore the law, and they are held to no standard because of it. I was being fascias when I recommended he become a permanent illegal, however and with much Irony his problem would be less if he did. It is almost as if Washington says--"If you follow the law we will make it difficult for you, but if you don't we will use our most liberal district courts to protect you.

Yes I used a K-1 and did it the right way, but I know many many illegals in my home state who just show up and stay, and Obama's JD fights harder for them than they do people like you who are caught in a bad situation.

Okay..2 more posts and I really have to go. I'm already getting "the look" from my wife. (and) Frankly, (I'm not ashamed to admit) My wife's angry eyes...well...they frighten me. :hehe:

Boiler..you are presenting another unfair comparison. John was aready here. LEGALLY since 1999.

Yes...what has come out is very "damning". The evidence exposes a flawed and incomplete system which makes honest & accountable people (like John) victims. IMO...This is a gross injustice being perpetrated against an entire family. John is persecuted while many hide. That's the damning evidence.

I am far from a troll or a sock puppet. I was using reality to illustrate the absurd. whatever you case may be or if which side you land on it, the fact remains that there are millions of your neighbors in your state who just ignore the law, and they are held to no standard because of it. I was being fascias when I recommended he become a permanent illegal, however and with much Irony his problem would be less if he did. It is almost as if Washington says--"If you follow the law we will make it difficult for you, but if you don't we will use our most liberal district courts to protect you.

Yes I used a K-1 and did it the right way, but I know many many illegals in my home state who just show up and stay, and Obama's JD fights harder for them than they do people like you who are caught in a bad situation.

Thanks for clarifying. :thumbs:

Edited by Crashed~N2~Me

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.