KP&RP

US Spouse Visa Application

13 posts in this topic

Hi,I'm a US citizen because I was born in Jersey City, but I grew up in the Philippines. I'm currently living in Queens,New York and working for almost a year now. I just decided to move to New York when my dad passed away. So right now I am planning to bring my wife here in the US for us to be together. we've been together for almost 7 years and we just got married last February 16,2012. I filed her petition last march and On March 27, 2012, USCIS received my I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION for my wife. My question is, what are the chances of her visa getting approved knowing I just moved in New York a year ago,but I'm a US citizen. Does it affect my petition or not? And do you think I'll be able to be with my wife by Christmas? I'll be so glad to hear from all of you advice and suggestions. Thank you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

No, it won't affect your petition. You are a US citizen, you'll be fine

No, I do not think you wife will be here by Christmas. With any luck, you'll be through USCIS and starting NVC by Christmas

Good luck

USCIS
August 12, 2008 - petition sent
August 16, 2008 - NOA-1
February 10, 2009 - NOA-2
178 DAYS FROM NOA-1

NVC
February 13, 2009 - NVC case number assigned
March 12, 2009 - Case Complete
25 DAY TRIP THROUGH NVC

Medical
May 4, 2009

Interview
May, 26, 2009

POE - June 20, 2009 Toronto - Atlanta, GA

Removal of Conditions
Filed - April 14, 2011
Biometrics - June 2, 2011 (early)
Approval - November 9, 2011
209 DAY TRIP TO REMOVE CONDITIONS

Citizenship

April 29, 2013 - NOA1 for petition received

September 10, 2013 Interview - decision could not be made.

April 15, 2014 APPROVED. Wait for oath ceremony

Waited...

September 29, 2015 - sent letter to senator.

October 16, 2015 - US Citizen

It doesn't affect your petition. At the NVC stage, however, you will be required to submit proof of sufficient income.

My husband (same as you - born in the US, grew up in the Philippines) went back to the States only last September. My AOS papers were approved by NVC. But we are wary about the interview stage. Consular officers might decide that we still need a joint sponsor despite earning above the poverty level (this has happened a lot, by the way), so we're lining up a joint sponsor just in case.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

Agree with the above answer, it will not afect your petition (assuming you make enough money now, and have filed US tax returns even when in the Phils- if not, back file for at least 3 years).

Christmas is cutting it very fine. It is possible, if you have everything ready at every step, but I don't think it will happen.

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

It doesn't affect your petition. At the NVC stage, however, you will be required to submit proof of sufficient income.

My husband (same as you - born in the US, grew up in the Philippines) went back to the States only last September. My AOS papers were approved by NVC. But we are wary about the interview stage. Consular officers might decide that we still need a joint sponsor despite earning above the poverty level (this has happened a lot, by the way), so we're lining up a joint sponsor just in case.

Actually, I have my mom as my joint sponsor because I've only been working for only 11months so my earning doesn't reach the average income for poverty level. Do you think that would be fine? Is you visa approved already? Thank you for these information.

Agree with the above answer, it will not afect your petition (assuming you make enough money now, and have filed US tax returns even when in the Phils- if not, back file for at least 3 years).

Christmas is cutting it very fine. It is possible, if you have everything ready at every step, but I don't think it will happen.

Actually, I have my mom as my joint sponsor because I've only been working for only 11months so my earning doesn't reach the average income for poverty level. Do you think that would be fine? Thank you for these information.

Hi,I'm a US citizen because I was born in Jersey City, but I grew up in the Philippines. I'm currently living in Queens,New York and working for almost a year now. I just decided to move to New York when my dad passed away. So right now I am planning to bring my wife here in the US for us to be together. we've been together for almost 7 years and we just got married last February 16,2012. I filed her petition last march and On March 27, 2012, USCIS received my I130 IMMIGRANT PETITION for my wife. My question is, what are the chances of her visa getting approved knowing I just moved in New York a year ago,but I'm a US citizen. Does it affect my petition or not? And do you think I'll be able to be with my wife by Christmas? I'll be so glad to hear from all of you advice and suggestions. Thank you!

Yes, it is possible based upon the amount of time (almost 9 months). However, many things could delay that. Mostly, you not having all

your paperwork ready and correct. Any RFE or delay on your part... Then, there is a possibility USCIS does not generate your NOA2

within the norms...

Our I130 was done end to end in 120+ days... Review the timelines of others. It is certainly plausable.

Regards,

dc

Yes, it is possible based upon the amount of time (almost 9 months). However, many things could delay that. Mostly, you not having all

your paperwork ready and correct. Any RFE or delay on your part... Then, there is a possibility USCIS does not generate your NOA2

within the norms...

Our I130 was done end to end in 120+ days... Review the timelines of others. It is certainly plausable.

Regards,

dc

I have submitted Form I-130 and G-325A forms for me and my wife. I also filled a form saying that my mom as my joint sponsor. I really want to celebrate Christmas with my wife, I just really hope everything will turn out great and I'll be needing suggestions and advice for us to have a smooth sailing visa process.

I have submitted Form I-130 and G-325A forms for me and my wife. I also filled a form saying that my mom as my joint sponsor. I really want to celebrate Christmas with my wife, I just really hope everything will turn out great and I'll be needing suggestions and advice for us to have a smooth sailing visa process.

There are a lot of variables but it is still possible to get through the process by Christmas. While you are waiting for your NOA2 (petition approval) read up on everything you need to get ready. Assume you get NOA2 by October (6 months) then another month for them to assign a case number, you could make it through NvC in one month or less (if you are really prepared and don't get any RFE's).

Read through the first post in the NVC June thread. It has ALL the information you need to know.

All the best.

USCIS Stage - 10 days total from package received to approved

03/09/12 - I-130 package sent

03/12/12 - package received

03/14/12 - NOA1 received via email

03/22/12 - APPROVED - NOA2 received via email - USC living abroad (8 days)

03/27/12 - NOA2 received in mail

NVC Stage - 34 days from case number to case complete - including messy RFE

04/17/12 - Case has arrived at NVC

04/27/12 - Case number received (25 days from approval)- sent DS3032 via email

05/02/12 - AOS bill received via email

05/03/12 - AOS bill paid via portal & DS3032 accepted

05/04/12 - IV bill received and paid. AOS bill appears as PAID.

05/05/12 - IV bill appears as PAID. Still waiting on replacement marriage certificate.

05/11/12 - DS230 and I864 packages (without marriage cert) sent to joint sponsor before being forwarded to NVC

05/16/12 - marriage cert sent direct to NVC

05/17/12 - I864 and DS230 sent to NVC overnight via fedex - received 05/18/12

05/25/12 - checklist for original marriage and divorce certificates - marriage certificate delivered to NVC

05/30/12 - divorce certificate delivered to NVC

05/31/12 - AOS package accepted - thrilled!

06/01/12 - CASE COMPLETE!!!!!! (email received)

06/07/12 - Interview Date Assigned

06/08/12 - emailed Sydney IV to request earlier appointment - approved 07/03/12

07/11/12 - INTERVIEW DATE - APPROVED

10/06/12 - POE LAX (then onto Seattle)

121 DAYS FROM PETITION TO APPROVAL

There are a lot of variables but it is still possible to get through the process by Christmas. While you are waiting for your NOA2 (petition approval) read up on everything you need to get ready. Assume you get NOA2 by October (6 months) then another month for them to assign a case number, you could make it through NvC in one month or less (if you are really prepared and don't get any RFE's).

Read through the first post in the NVC June thread. It has ALL the information you need to know.

All the best.

Oh,okay! I really hope everything will be perfect before December. Can you please send me the link of the NVC June thread? We didn't get a lawyer because our friend who is now with her husband in the states told us to sign up here in VISAJOURNEY and everyone here is very helpful. Thank you so much.

Actually, I have my mom as my joint sponsor because I've only been working for only 11months so my earning doesn't reach the average income for poverty level. Do you think that would be fine? Is you visa approved already? Thank you for these information.

No, but my case is completed recently at NVC. My husband only had 5 months worth of work on his 2011 ITR - it really doesn't look like he earns much. But they mostly base on CURRENT income, which is what you earn NOW, annualized. We sent in a couple paystubs to prove his current income.

But again, the embassy CAN ask for more, even if you've been approved at NVC, so we're still lining up a joint sponsor for our interview.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

No, but my case is completed recently at NVC. My husband only had 5 months worth of work on his 2011 ITR - it really doesn't look like he earns much. But they mostly base on CURRENT income, which is what you earn NOW, annualized. We sent in a couple paystubs to prove his current income.

But again, the embassy CAN ask for more, even if you've been approved at NVC, so we're still lining up a joint sponsor for our interview.

Okay. Will note that! I hope you'll get your visa as soon as possible. Thank you for the great information.

it will not affect ur petition since ur a US citizen =) im a filipina as well currently living here now with my US citizen husband...hope to see you and ur wife together, got lots of filipina friends in Queens, NY =)

it will not affect ur petition since ur a US citizen =) im a filipina as well currently living here now with my US citizen husband...hope to see you and ur wife together, got lots of filipina friends in Queens, NY =)

Hi,Marizhell!

How long did it take you to go there? I mean the processing took you how long? since we have the same service center,I would like to know about your case process. I really want to spend Christmas with my wife. And also, did you get a lawyer to help your visa application? hope to hear from you soon! Thank you.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.