RichF

When To Apply

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

We did K1 in retro would have gotten married and then had my wife come with a GC, just my personal opinion, either will work.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Colombia
Timeline

We want to go through the K1 route as once were married we want to be together rather than still being apart.

This is exactly the reason I am filing the K1 as well. And I think if you file the earliest one year from when you come here you should be ok. Keep in mind that the K-1 visa is valid for 6 months and then you have another 90 days after entry to the US to get married. My fiancee and I are not making any concrete plans until she has the visa in hand.

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

This is exactly the reason I am filing the K1 as well. And I think if you file the earliest one year from when you come here you should be ok. Keep in mind that the K-1 visa is valid for 6 months and then you have another 90 days after entry to the US to get married. My fiancee and I are not making any concrete plans until she has the visa in hand.

Yeah me and Amber are just going to decide where we want our wedding to be and then just book it all once the visa is sorted. Even if it means using the full six months of validity at least it makes sense that way.

Thank you all for your help and I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys.

2008 - Met Amber Online Whilst I Was Working in GA.

07 - 2011 - Met For The First Time Whilst I Was On Vacation in FL

12 - 2011 - Visited Amber for a Week

04 - 2012 - Spent 10 Days in SC - Engaged

08 - 2012 - Amber visited UK for 16 days.

12-2012 - Spending 14 days in SC -Wedding Planning

http://4000milesmakestheheartgrowfonder.wordpress.com

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Yeah me and Amber are just going to decide where we want our wedding to be and then just book it all once the visa is sorted. Even if it means using the full six months of validity at least it makes sense that way.

Thank you all for your help and I wish you all the best of luck on your journeys.

:thumbs:

Hopefully you will be able to stick to your original March 2014 plans. Good luck! :)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.