Beauty for Ashes

tunisians journey to europe

27 posts in this topic

Are there other, verifiable sources besides "Tarek" that can authenticate his story? It's a genuine question.

I have no idea what you mean by "preppy." I speak as a prep, and I don't know what this has to do with prepdom.

Edited by Honey Crumpet

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Was your collar popped while you wrote this? Have you been spotted in a Brooks Brothers recently?

And I prefer FedEx to ups for my postage needs. You?

Edited by sandinista!

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Was your collar popped while you wrote this? Have you been spotted in a Brooks Brothers recently?

I prefer FedEx as well, but I still use USPS for quite a lot. Even parcels!

My collar was not popped. That is the hallmark of the douche these days, though in years past... oh! in years past! What larks with our popped collars on our Lacoste polos and Bennetton rubgy shirts.

green-white-vintage-benetton-rugby.jpg

I was in a Brooks Brothers in October, helping my SO decide if the BB tailoring suits him. Alas, it is too voluminous in the chest at his neck size (which is what is known more informally as Brick ****house Size).

larissa-lima-says-who-is-against-the-que

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

All nice an preppy, but the articles speak about two different incidents, ups, I guess your argument is invalid now, awww!

Quote?

Why is it preppy? That doesn't make sense.

Nice try, since it was removed. But that's cool. We can link to some of your other awesome feminist posts.

Here's the one where you accuse women who have converted as having no backbone. Sure, there are some who have identity issues.. but generalize much?

Why the inshalla? Have you coverted? That seems to be a trend as well, some women just have no backone.

Here is where you start out pretty good, but then critique anyone who chooses to stay at home, etc. Any self-respecting feminist would know better.

While I am not an ex Soviet member, I've figured I am close enough to offer some piece of advice.

To start with, it is really irritating to be thought of as a bulk of women sharing the same personality. That is hardly the case.

Secondly, no self respecting women in her 20-30s will be anything like her mother (aka, cook, clean, do all the housework, take care of the children, be a sex goddess and have a full time job). Things have changed, we are preoccupied with our education and our careers. So if you think you are going to find sex kittens who love to cook/clean/work 40 hours per week/be a great mother, welcome to the reality.

Until I moved in with my fiance, I had never boiled more than an egg in my life, or done the dishes. And after we moved together, I wasn't the one cooking or working like a maid from dusk till dawn. Chores are to be divided like in a normal household. I truly resent people thinking Eastern European ladies are somewhat inferior to American women, in the sense that they are willing to do some things American wouldn't. We aren't. We are just as interested in having a career and an independent life.

If you are into patriarchal roles, you might find women here that still think men are somewhat superior. They are either old, or not very bright, but, hey, they will cook and obey.

This one is my favorite. This is where you hope a woman is raped repeatedly as punishment.

Stupid ######, hope she gets raped in jail many times.

So I like this. It's pretty cool how you advocate rape as an appropriate punishment for women and despise choice.

None of my posts have ever been helpful. Be forewarned.

Timeline

Just curious though-- what is it about Tunisians that warranted this sudden concern? Are they white enough to receive some sort of pity despite their African origin and probably affiliation to Islam?

Timeline

Because Tunisia has been on the news quite frequently for the past few months?

Should be *probable affiliation.

Peter_Pan has not shown a whole lot of love for that area before. To be fair, Peter_Pan has said in the past that she is not racist, but hates everyone equally (despite the fact that she freely admits to not ever wanting to live in a place with too many black people in a Booyah-esque declaration).

Her point is to come in here and try to to p*ss off people. It would only work if someone took her seriously.

Edited by julianna

Filed: Country: Monaco
Timeline

Should be *probable affiliation.

Peter_Pan has not shown a whole lot of love for that area before. To be fair, Peter_Pan has said in the past that she is not racist, but hates everyone equally (despite the fact that she freely admits to not ever wanting to live in a place with too many black people in a Booyah-esque declaration).

Now I understand your previous comment...

Oh, well... Let her wallow in her own hate then...

Edited by Gegel

200px-FSM_Logo.svg.png

www.ffrf.org

Timeline

I totally fail at preppy.

I prefer FedEx as well, but I still use USPS for quite a lot. Even parcels!

My collar was not popped. That is the hallmark of the douche these days, though in years past... oh! in years past! What larks with our popped collars on our Lacoste polos and Bennetton rubgy shirts.

green-white-vintage-benetton-rugby.jpg

I was in a Brooks Brothers in October, helping my SO decide if the BB tailoring suits him. Alas, it is too voluminous in the chest at his neck size (which is what is known more informally as Brick ****house Size).

I do like USPS mostly because it's easiest to get to here.

You are totally screwed, prep. We have found you out. You were in a Brooks Brothers AND you have popped your collar before.

• 2 months later...

Salaam, hello!

Again thank you for posting these articles, pics and videos. Culture and history really interests me, esp since Algeria is now my adopted home machallah!

That's certainly an interesting takeaway from this particular thread, to say the least.

I-love-Muslims-SH.gif

c00c42aa-2fb9-4dfa-a6ca-61fb8426b4f4_zps

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.