alibaba

just wondering

13 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

i have been married for 1 year and 3 months ,when i get 2 years GC when do i have right to remove my r condition? we have to be married for 2 years to get the 10 GC right? so i have been married for 1 year and 3 months that means i will be able to remove my r condition in 7 months right? thanks.

i have been married for 1 year and 3 months ,when i get 2 years GC when do i have right to remove my r condition? we have to be married for 2 years to get the 10 GC right? so i have been married for 1 year and 3 months that means i will be able to remove my r condition in 7 months right? thanks.

Have you started the process yet ??..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

You file for removal of conditions 90 days prior to the expiration date on your conditional green card, but not more than 90 days prior.

7.3) ..Okay, when do I file the I-751 to lift conditional status?

A..Option #1: If your passport is stamped with the I-551 at the adjustment of status interview, the stamp has the AOS approval date written on it. Your 2 year conditional period begins with that date. Ninety (90) days prior to the end of the conditional period, you and your US Citizen spouse will apply together for a removal of the "conditional" status by filing form I-751 together as a married couple.

http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1k2visa-re...itions.html#7.3

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

You can apply to remove your conditional status 90 days before your second anniversary as a Conditional Residence... note.. Second anniversary as a conditional resident and not your 2nd marriage anniversary as you imply..

Check out this link to the USCIS website, it explains all

http://www.uscis.gov/graphics/howdoi/remcond.htm

To add

The 90 days is based on your Green Card Approval date, not on the date you got married.

So let's say your interview was on june 15,05, and you received your green card a month later july 05.

So(90 days from June 15, 05 so that put it) from March 15, 07 you will be within the 90 days and you can send out your application for removal.

Edited by Nikita2Charles

Gone but not Forgotten!

To add

The 90 days is based on your Green Card Approval date, not on the date you got married.

So let's say your interview was on june 15,05, and you received your green card a month later july 05.

So(90 days from June 15, 05 so that put it) from March 15, 07 you will be within the 90 days and you can send out your application for removal.

this is my question?

married 1 year and 3 months got green card last month ,when will i be able to apply for application for removal? next 6 months??this is my question thanks.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Goto wallet/purse. Open up wallet/purse. Get green card. Look at date on greencard. What date does it expire on? Subtract 90 days from the date it expires, that is when you can send in the I-751. Not 91 days, 92, but anytime after 90 days. You can wait t7 days before it expires, just dont send it after thew expirary date. Its a very easy form to fill out. Just google I-751 and it will be there. Best of luck

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

To add

this is my question ??

married for 1 year and 3 months got green card last month for 2 years,okay? that mean i will eb able to apply for the 10 years green card in 6 months right?because i have been married for 1 year and 3 months?? or they start counting for the AOS approval date??this is my question thanks .

To add

this is my question?

married 1 year and 3 months got green card last month ,when will i be able to apply for application for removal? next 6 months??this is my question thanks.

NOOO.You have to apply 90 days b4 your secondary anniversary(from your date of green card approval)

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: China
Timeline

To add

this is my question?

When did you do AOS interview? You file to remove conditional status 90 days before the 2 year anniversary of the date that you got approved for the green card at the AOS interview.

OUR TIME LINE Please do a timeline it helps us all, thanks.

Is now a US Citizen immigration completed Jan 12, 2012.

1428954228.1592.1755425389.png

CHIN0001_zps9c01d045.gifCHIN0100_zps02549215.gifTAIW0001_zps9a9075f1.gifVIET0001_zps0a49d4a7.gif

Look here: A Candle for Love and China Family Visa Forums for Chinese/American relationship,

Visa issues, and lots of info about the Guangzhou and Hong Kong consulate.

To add

this is my question ??

married for 1 year and 3 months got green card last month for 2 years,okay? that mean i will eb able to apply for the 10 years green card in 6 months right?because i have been married for 1 year and 3 months?? or they start counting for the AOS approval date??this is my question thanks .

If you got your greencard in Sept 06 then you can apply to remove restrictions in July 08.. The duration of your marriage has nothing to do with it !!.. you can apply 90 days before your greencard is 2 years old

To add

this is my question ??

If you got your greencard in Sept 06 then you can apply to remove restrictions in July 08.. The duration of your marriage has nothing to do with it !!.. you can apply 90 days before your greencard is 2 years old

June '08 actually, not July. Other than that, lquin is right.

In fact, everyone on this forum has given the correct answer, and I don't see why alibaba keeps asking over and over. The answer is 90 days before the date your 2-year card expires. Repeatedly asking whether you can remove conditions 6 months from now does not change the fact that the answer is NO, YOU APPLY 90 DAYS BEFORE THE GREEN CARD EXPIRES.

Bethany (NJ, USA) & Gareth (Scotland, UK)

-----------------------------------------------

01 Nov 2007: N-400 FedEx'd to TSC

05 Nov 2007: NOA-1 Date

28 Dec 2007: Check cashed

05 Jan 2008: NOA-1 Received

02 Feb 2008: Biometrics notice received

23 Feb 2008: Biometrics at Albuquerque ASC

12 Jun 2008: Interview letter received

12 Aug 2008: Interview at Albuquerque DO--PASSED!

15 Aug 2008: Oath Ceremony

-----------------------------------------------

Any information, opinions, etc., given by me are based entirely on personal experience, observations, research common sense, and an insanely accurate memory; and are not in any way meant to constitute (1) legal advice nor (2) the official policies/advice of my employer.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

this is my question?

You got your green card in September 2006. You will be able to apply to remove the conditions to receive your permanent green card between June 2008 and September 2008. You can apply as early as 90 days before your current green card expires but you must apply before it expires.

IF you had been married more than 2 years when you had your AOS interview, you would have received a permanent green card right away. Since you were married less than 2 years when you got your AOS, it no longer matters to immigration when you have your 2nd wedding anniversary. That is only important for the AOS date. What is now important is the 2nd anniversary of when you got your green card. That is the date you want to use when you apply to remove the conditions on your green card.

Edited by Kathryn41

“...Isn't it splendid to think of all the things there are to find out about? It just makes me feel glad to be alive--it's such an interesting world. It wouldn't be half so interesting if we knew all about everything, would it? There'd be no scope for imagination then, would there?”

. Lucy Maude Montgomery, Anne of Green Gables

5892822976_477b1a77f7_z.jpg

Another Member of the VJ Fluffy Kitty Posse!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.