nsxsupra

Best case scenario for K1 without RFE

23 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Thanks for the responds. It really helps me adjusting my expectation to more realistic level. I was hoping for not having to wait more than 6 months until interview date.

I use the interview date as the as a benchmark of finally getting close. It is not easy without a doubt.

Be realistic in your expectations.

Check out our timeline, we were about 7.5 months from NOA1 to the upcoming scheduled interview date. There are several VJ friends that had the same NOA1 date as us that now have their visa. It doesn't bother me in the least, actually I am happy for their good fortune. I have had faith that our time will come, and there is no good reason to fixate on it. :clock:

There is little need to send in the I-129F petition via overnight service. The time difference between the use of regular USPS and express services is negligible, in relation to the whole scheme of this visa process. I decided that I could spend my money for more worthwhile purposes.

I would find it hard to believe that anyone embarking on this visa journey would consider sending in a petition package that is not complete and properly assembled.

Good luck on your visa journey.

YMMV.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Sadly, no. My timeline is correct. I am still waiting for NOA2. )= This is why you should not form any expectations at this point. You're bound to be disappointed.

Mitexi,

That is unfortunate, hope yours NOA2 come soon. I looked up the average processing time, it is around 151 days. But could be as high as 200 days. I think I will just make a few trips during the waiting period.

Edited by nsxsupra

5/15/2012 Sent I-129F package

5/24/2012 Received NOA1

8/15/2012 NOA2

8/21/2012 NVC case number received

8/27/2012 Reached consulate/embassy in Japan

Mitexi,

That is unfortunate, hope yours NOA2 come soon. I looked up the average processing time, it is around 151 days. But could be as high as 200 days. I think I will just make a few trips during the waiting period.

I hope you understand that this 151 days is just the first step in a multi-step process. It is not 151 days to interview.

AOS for my husband
8/17/10: INTERVIEW DAY (day 123) APPROVED!!

ROC:
5/23/12: Sent out package
2/06/13: APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

Mitexi,

I actually got my NOA2 last night after I posted here. :D But as Harpa Timsah says, there's still a lot more waiting/steps to come now. It just feels good to finally be able to move past THIS part. ^^;

You might get lucky and go faster, or you might get unlucky and take longer. The best thing is to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it ends up sooner than you expected. I went into this process knowing it would likely be 7 to 8 months (or more) from start to finish. If he gets the visa before that, then hooray! If it takes a little longer, then it won't surprise me. I'm not gonna lie, the wait is torture. But after that first month or so, you kinda fall into the rhythm of it and it gets a little easier. Just hang in there and try not to hope for numbers/times/approvals that are sooner than the average. Best case scenario you make the average, worst case you go a bit over it. Getting some miraculous 3 month approval is like winning the lottery. Sure it might be POSSIBLE, but would you base your future around winning the lottery?

K-1 Timeline:

12-09-2011 --- I-129F Sent

12-15-2011 --- NOA1 ------------------------------ 6 days

06-01-2012 --- NOA2 --------------------------- 169 days

06-29-2012 --- NVC Received ----------------- 28 days

07-06-2012 --- NVC Left --------------------------- 7 days

07-09-2012 --- Consulate Received ----------- 3 days

07-11-2012 --- Packet 3 Received ------------- 2 days

07-23-2012 --- Packet 3 Sent ------------------ 12 days

07-31-2012 --- Packet 4 Received ------------- 8 days

08-07-2012 --- Interview Date ------------------- 7 days from P4 - Approved!

08-09-2012 --- Visa in Hand -------------------- 2 days

08-29-2012 --- POE (LAX)

** Total Time From NOA1 to Visa In Hand: 7 Months, 3 Weeks, 4 Days - (236 days)

* For more detailed info, check the "About Me" section of my profile.

event.png

event.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

I actually got my NOA2 last night after I posted here. :D But as Harpa Timsah says, there's still a lot more waiting/steps to come now. It just feels good to finally be able to move past THIS part. ^^;

You might get lucky and go faster, or you might get unlucky and take longer. The best thing is to prepare for the worst and be pleasantly surprised if it ends up sooner than you expected. I went into this process knowing it would likely be 7 to 8 months (or more) from start to finish. If he gets the visa before that, then hooray! If it takes a little longer, then it won't surprise me. I'm not gonna lie, the wait is torture. But after that first month or so, you kinda fall into the rhythm of it and it gets a little easier. Just hang in there and try not to hope for numbers/times/approvals that are sooner than the average. Best case scenario you make the average, worst case you go a bit over it. Getting some miraculous 3 month approval is like winning the lottery. Sure it might be POSSIBLE, but would you base your future around winning the lottery?

Congratulations!! I haven't seen you in the Aussie chat thread (links in my sig) so please come over and say hi :D We can give you a hand with the P3 side of things (making it quicker).

Mitexi,

Congratulation!! I am so happy for you : )

Since you are from Australia. How come you went with this route? Why can't you just enter us with visa waiver and adjust status after that. Assuming you guys did not had intent to get married until after one of you entered US?

Thanks for the encouraging words. I fully understand the process. I even created my own timeline, it is just that NOA2 seem to be the longest step.

5/24/2012 Received NOA1

8/15/2012 NOA2

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: France
Timeline

Mitexi,

Congratulation!! I am so happy for you : )

Since you are from Australia. How come you went with this route? Why can't you just enter us with visa waiver and adjust status after that. Assuming you guys did not had intent to get married until after one of you entered US?

Thanks for the encouraging words. I fully understand the process. I even created my own timeline, it is just that NOA2 seem to be the longest step.

You don't ask me but I want to answer you too, as I am from a visa waiver program country too. :P

The K-1 visa is the most proper/legal way, that's all. The VWP authorizes you to comes for less than 3 months, and I just don't think it sounds very proper/true to say "oh yeah, I came with the intend to visit, and during my (short) stay, I decided to get married and stay here forever!". I would be the USCIS employee in charge of the AOS file, I would have suspicions of fraud... as coming as a tourist with the intend to get married and adjust your status is fraud.

I understand more people who come to the US with a student/work visit for like a year, meet a US citizen, decide to get married and then adjust their status without going the K-1 or spousal visa routes. The intend to get married when they entered the US was clearly not there.

K-1 Visa Timeline AOS Timeline

- Aug 31st, 2011 - Mailed I-129F package - May 29th, 2012 - Mailed AOS/EAD/AP package

- Apr 13th, 2012 - Visa received - Aug 24th, 2012 - Green Card received

ROC Timeline

- May 19th, 2014 - Mailed ROC package to CSC

- Aug 8th, 2014 - Green Card received

N-400 Timeline

- Dec 29th, 2021 - Filed online. Got notice that biometrics will be reused.

- Now waiting...

You don't ask me but I want to answer you too, as I am from a visa waiver program country too. :P

The K-1 visa is the most proper/legal way, that's all. The VWP authorizes you to comes for less than 3 months, and I just don't think it sounds very proper/true to say "oh yeah, I came with the intend to visit, and during my (short) stay, I decided to get married and stay here forever!". I would be the USCIS employee in charge of the AOS file, I would have suspicions of fraud... as coming as a tourist with the intend to get married and adjust your status is fraud.

I understand more people who come to the US with a student/work visit for like a year, meet a US citizen, decide to get married and then adjust their status without going the K-1 or spousal visa routes. The intend to get married when they entered the US was clearly not there.

Thanks so much for your post.

What if we continue on with K-1 visa process and she just visit for 3 month and go back. She will go back for the interview step. If this is doable, it would reduce the pain a lot.

5/24/2012 Received NOA1

8/15/2012 NOA2

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.