356 posts in this topic

swa,

How's it going? Everything ready for the upcoming interview? :dance:

A big hello to the rest! :thumbs:

Let me hear from you Paola! :unsure:

xoxo

Breezy

hello everyone :luv:

I am so glad to have found this tread ...my husband is moroccan but he reside in Italy for the past 8years..I have filled for him the I130 and we are going thru the cr1

I am so worried about the interview in naple since he lives at roma :star: what do you guys know about the interview there? and does he need to book a hotel?...he seems to think that a 2hours train trip would be okay for 2 days in a row...I realy think he should stay in a hotel :huh:

I have just send my ds 230 part 1 and still waiting but would like to be ready and have him here with me as soon as possible :hehe: YOU GUYS KNOW WHAT I AM SAYING :lol:

thank you to all of you

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Hi and Welcome 3sila! Congrats on your Interview date! When is it exactly?I too am glad you've found your way here. There's not too much traffic on this thread these days....I'll do my very best to help you with anything I can!

This is something you two will have to decide, considering your financial situation, the "worry factor" and so on.....

:star: Arrival times of trains are not gauranteed...it would be a real shame to miss the interview because of something out of your hands.

:star: I have learned out of experience, (living in Naples) that nothing works as it "should" here. You can't rely or trust anything to go as planned. You can always get lucky though and things go smoothly.

:star: Remember that he needs to be present for the Medical and Interview at 8:15 a.m., he'll need to catch a real early train to get to the station, then find a cab, or bus to get to the Medical and Interview. And again, nothing is promised.

:star: In case you haven't seen, here is a link from the VJ Guides about hotels near the Consulate:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Naples

:star: If you look around on this site, you'll find info on the interview too.

Double check and triple check all the documents and picture and payment requirements needed. Start getting your Evidence of Relationship ready if you haven't already.

Good Luck with whatever you decide, and keep us posted so others can learn from your experience!

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Italian People!

I just wanted to say hi!

My husband will have to deal with Naples soon enough (hopefully)... nice to see there's still life here!

:thumbs:

08-16-2007: Husband arrives in Chicago

10-13-2007: AOS package sent

10-24-2007: Received NOA1 for AOS, EAD, and AP

Hi and Welcome 3sila! Congrats on your Interview date! When is it exactly?I too am glad you've found your way here. There's not too much traffic on this thread these days....I'll do my very best to help you with anything I can!

This is something you two will have to decide, considering your financial situation, the "worry factor" and so on.....

:star: Arrival times of trains are not gauranteed...it would be a real shame to miss the interview because of something out of your hands.

:star: I have learned out of experience, (living in Naples) that nothing works as it "should" here. You can't rely or trust anything to go as planned. You can always get lucky though and things go smoothly.

:star: Remember that he needs to be present for the Medical and Interview at 8:15 a.m., he'll need to catch a real early train to get to the station, then find a cab, or bus to get to the Medical and Interview. And again, nothing is promised.

:star: In case you haven't seen, here is a link from the VJ Guides about hotels near the Consulate:

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...&cty=Naples

:star: If you look around on this site, you'll find info on the interview too.

Double check and triple check all the documents and picture and payment requirements needed. Start getting your Evidence of Relationship ready if you haven't already.

Good Luck with whatever you decide, and keep us posted so others can learn from your experience!

hello breezy

thank you so much for the info ...I would never have found all that info without your help. :yes:

well I have just sent the ds 230 part I ...I noticed that NVC is going thru application fast these days

MY husband is still getting all his doccuments together ..he lived in germany for 2 years so he is waiting for the police

certificate we wanted to translate everything together in Morocco since we need doccuments from there too

I am afraid we are not ready yet ....see we are filling for cr1 since I live in usa now so I had I130 processed from here....

I am not sure if I need to send financial support forms again ..that would another issue if that is the case.......

i am worried more than he is about this whole visa thing I spend hours looking into it ...I GUESS HE IS JUST A GUY :star:

what do you think??

:luv:

Hi Italian People!

I just wanted to say hi!

My husband will have to deal with Naples soon enough (hopefully)... nice to see there's still life here!

hello :)

i am glad there is people in here that are dealing with the same consulate as we are

I wish guys all the best of luck :luv:

mollyreyna I've seen you around! Finally able to say hello! Your husband's from Italy? Which part?

Good Luck sila3, keep busy, and try to get ahead of things so your ready for the interview!

Have a great day all,

glad to see you here!

breezy :innocent:

Timeline
mollyreyna I've seen you around! Finally able to say hello! Your husband's from Italy? Which part?

Good Luck sila3, keep busy, and try to get ahead of things so your ready for the interview!

Have a great day all,

glad to see you here!

breezy :innocent:

hey!!

well, no not exactly. my hubby's from guayaquil ecuador but he's been living in Rome for the last 10 years. Where's your man from?? Why are you guys moving to the states?

so, needless to say, we'll be waiting anxiously for NOA2 and interviews in naples!!! (I CAN'T TAKE IT ANYMORE!!!! AND WE SAW EACH OTHER A MONTH AGO!)

You're so blessed that you can do DCF...we couldn't do it when I lived in Italy because i didn't have permesso di soggiorno.

well, good luck and godspeed to all!

Timeline

Hey everyone!

Question...my husband swears that his doctors in Italy have no records of vaccinations... he says that the schools have them. Can this be true?

Does anyone know where to get them?

Thanks!!!!

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hey everyone!

Question...my husband swears that his doctors in Italy have no records of vaccinations... he says that the schools have them. Can this be true?

Thanks!!!!

I don't know how it works for foreign natives who reside in Italy...but for Italians the vaccination records are kept at the local Azienda Sanitaria Locale (ASL) of your district, which is also the place where you get the shots. You just go there and ask for a certificato di vaccinazioni effettuate and they give you a copy which is the official document the consulate accepts at the interview. Without that one it is like you never got the shots to them(us consulate I mean). If you don't have the vaccination records you can also get a titer test done(dosaggio anticorpi in Italian) which is a blood test that shows the antibodies you have that prove you are immune to certain deseases otherwise you'd have to get the shots for.

Hope it helps and good luck.

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Timeline
Hey everyone!

Thanks!!!!

I don't know how it works for foreign natives who reside in Italy...but for Italians the vaccination records are kept at the local Azienda Sanitaria Locale (ASL) of your district, which is also the place where you get the shots. You just go there and ask for a certificato di vaccinazioni effettuate and they give you a copy which is the official document the consulate accepts at the interview. Without that one it is like you never got the shots to them(us consulate I mean). If you don't have the vaccination records you can also get a titer test done(dosaggio anticorpi in Italian) which is a blood test that shows the antibodies you have that prove you are immune to certain deseases otherwise you'd have to get the shots for.

Thank you very much, this information is very helpful. My husband used to lived at Labaro but now is in Centocelle (different neighborhoods) and I think his ASL has changed. Will he have to go to each one separately to get these records?? (I assume so, since we're talking about Italy!!!)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline
Hey everyone!

Thanks!!!!

Thank you very much, this information is very helpful. My husband used to lived at Labaro but now is in Centocelle (different neighborhoods) and I think his ASL has changed. Will he have to go to each one separately to get these records?? (I assume so, since we're talking about Italy!!!)

You are welcome.

They will have his records IF he got the shots in Italy and yes, I assume that only the ASL where he got the shots at has the records of it (but I am ONLY assuming...I have no idea if he actually has to go to different offices).

Different offices or not...thank God Italy has records, some countries don't have them at all. :whistle:

Edited by churipu

U.S. CITIZEN SINCE MAY 8TH 2008

NATURALIZATION

28th july 2007 - N-400 mailed to VSC

(exactly on the 90th day mark...applications NOT returned although some scared me into thinking they could have!)

30th july 2007 - N-400 delivered to VSC

11th august 2007 - Delivery Confirmation receipt received

17th september 2007 - Money Order (FINALLY!) cashed

9th november 2007 - NOA! (notification period given 180 days)

21th november 2007 - Biometrics appointment letter

18th december 2007 - Biometrics appointment in Baltimore, MD completed

29th march 2008 - FINALLY received letter with interview date!

8th may 2008 H 8:40 AM - Interview in Baltimore-APPROVED!

8th may 2008 H 3:00 pm (yes same day, crazy!) Oath Ceremony in Baltimore

24th may 2008 - US Passport application mailed off

6th june 2008 - US Passport received in the mail!!!

Filed: Timeline

Hello all! It has been a long time since I posted here.

My husband just filed to remove is conditional residence status here in the states. we have been married for almost 3 years! Wow--time flies. He will apply for citizenship next spring and I am going to apply for Italian citizenship in 2009 (I think I have to wait 5 years from the wedding day, right?)

Best of Luck :star: to all of you dealing with Naples. They are a headache, but in the end, all went smooth with us as far as the interview goes.

Happy Easter!! :luv:

Lifting Conditions- Nebraska Service Center

3-22-2007: Sent out I-751

3-24-2007: Received at NSC

3-27-2007: Official USCIS received date

3-30-2007: Both checks cashed and case number received

4-05-2007: NOA1 received in mail with correct case number

4-05-2007: NOA1 case number works online

4-06-2007: Received Biometrics appointment notice

4-17-2007: Biometrics Appointment and TOUCHED :)

5-02-2007: Greencard expires

Dec 2007: Received extention until Dec 2008

5-09-2008: Card production ordered!! FINALLY!!!

Naturalization!!!!

Finally getting around to N-400... Filed under 5 years of PR status

5-11-2010: Sent out N-400 - Phoenix, AZ Lockbox

5-13-2010: Received at Lockbox

5-25-2010: Checks Cashed :)

5-28-2010: NOA received but case number doesn't work

6-04-2010: Case number works online and says RFE sent 6-2-10

6-07-2010: Received letter for biometrics

6-22-2010: Biometrics appointment

7-24-2010: Received interview letter

8-26-2010: Interview-PASSED!!

9-30-2010: Oath Ceremony Indianapolis

swa,

Interview is coming up isn't it? Wishing you two the best!

Breezy

Hope the rest of you had a good Holiday!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
swa,

Interview is coming up isn't it? Wishing you two the best!

Breezy

Hope the rest of you had a good Holiday!

Breezy,

Yes my fiance flew to Naples today and he got his medical tomorrow and interview on Wednesday.I am a bit nervious here,hope things go smooth .We will keep you posted.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Italy
Timeline

SWA,

I am sure taht he wil do fine! Best of luck.

James (USA) Manuela (Italy)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2fawm.gif3dflagsdotcom_italy_2fawm.gif

Married Nov. 6, 2004

12/02/04 Applied for I-130

12/21/04 I-130 Approved (19 days @ Vermont)

03/24/05 Case Completed (84 days @ NVC)

05/09/05 Got CR-1 Visa (47 days @ Naples)

Total of 158 days

Lifting of Conditions I-751

04/02/07 Expressed mailed in I-130

04/03/07 I-751 received at 1:08pm and signed for by Paul E. Novak Jr. Center Director (day 1)

05/02/07 Check finally clears my bank - appears to have been processed on 4/30 by VSC (day 30)

05/04/07 Received BLUE Finger Print Receipt Notification (day 32)

05/17/07 Received NOA1 dated 5/9/07(day 45)

05/18/07 Received ASC Appointment Notice dated 5/14/07 for June 1st (day 46)

06/01/07 Biometric Appointment today @ 2:00 (day 60)

06/03/07 "Touched" (day 62)

10/26/07 "Card Production Ordered" (217 days from the day the application received and 172 days from NOA1)

10/30/07 Touched again

10/31/07 Received Notice of Removal of Conditional Basis of Lawful Permanent Residence letter, signed by Paul E Novak Jr.

10/31/07 Touched again - if we get touched again does that count as harassment?

11/05/07 10 year green card arrives! (227 days)

US Citizen N-400

03/12/08 To be filed!

dev179pr___.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.