356 posts in this topic

Christi,

Thank you for the much needed praise! :blush: I've been preparing/researching DCF for over two years now, finally getting the real hang of things. :wacko:

:star: The form NOTICE I recieved was in the I-130 packet, sent to me from Rome about 6 months ago...wonder why you don't have one? I'm sure they'll send it to you, if not you'll be fine without it, just do your own, I'll tell you exactly what mine says if you need.

:star: If you pay for the I-130 filing fee in cash, just make sure you get that documented by them when you turn it in.

:star: After your husband attends the interview in Naples and the visa is issued, he will recieve a "The Big Brown Envelope" (do not open, contains stuff for the POE when he makes his first trip to the US to get the visa stamp/activate visa, do a search on brown envelope on here if you want more info)

:star: Trips outside the U.S. to visit family in home country and trips to other countries are perfectly normal, no special visa needed (of course if you go to a country that requires a visa to entry, thats diffrent) Only if he will be outside the U.S. for more than one year at a time he will need a re-entry permit. That's not the case if your only talking about vacations, even a few months in Italy, no big deal.

Anything else, just let me know! One thing you want to start thinking about is your husband's police record, (easy to get n cheap) and vaccination list from family doctor, if you look around in Embassy / Italy here, there is some great info others have left about those things. Those are just a few of the next steps youll be looking forward to. Just ask if you need anything.

Let me know when you have everything together for the I-130 and when you plan to send it in! Thanks, Bree

Jan 17 2007.......I-130 arrived at Rome Embassy

Feb 23 2007.......I-130 approved

Mar 05 2007.......Naples recieved I-130 from Rome

Mar 21 2007.......NOA recieved from Rome by Fax

Mar 28 2007.......Interview Appt Date set for 8th May

May 08 2007.......Visa Approved, also our Wedding Ann!

• Replies 355
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

Hi Breezy -

Actually I've downloaded all the forms and instructions from the US Immigration website, I never had a package sent to me from Rome, that's why I don't have form NOTICE. I'm going to try to PM you for the wording of that form, if you can...thank you so much for the offer!

Really good to know about the Brown Envelope! As usual, you are super informed :-) And really good to know that the visa will be good for 6 mos. (shouldn't need more than that) and about not needing special permission just for short, personal trips outside the U.S. From all my reading, I was starting to get paranoid that each time he wanted to leave, we'd have to go through a whole bunch of bureaucracy...something I'll be glad to leave behind in Italy!

Right now, the only things we're missing for packet 1 are the certificati di residenza (which I plan to get tomorrow and then translate), the date that DH started working for himself (hoping he'll find that out tomorrow also), and the USD. Once everything is in place, I'll be heading to the consulate. I plan on it being this week. In any case, I'll keep you informed.

Gonna try to PM you now.

Thanks again,

Christi

Christi-

So more or less that's how the form goes, you'll find it in you PM's.

I forgot one thing though that might be helpful:

ANAGRAFE means Office of Civil Status.

Have fun with the translations.

Bree

• 3 weeks later...

WHOA.....we're going to have to put an end to this...and quick! Today, to get to our thread, I had to go to PAGE TWO!! BAD!

After pondering, guessing maybe thats good, might mean that all is well with everyone....

AND THAT BETTER BE THE CASE, OR ELSE!!!

Christi....nother ponder....U hear anything from Rome yet and will your hubby do his medical at the consulate the day before the interview and not need a list of doctors, you got that far in looking into next steps yet...

a big hello to all, :thumbs:

B

• 2 months later...

Hi Paola, how's it going with you? How's good old Missouri? Hope all is well with you and yours.

I've dusted off the Christmas decorations, can't wait for Thanksgiving to roll around.....I just can never wait to put up the tree! I don't know if I'll be able to wait till after Turkey Day!

:luv: Bree

• 2 months later...

Well.......we finalllly did it. We sent the I-130 to Rome...!!!

:lol::yes::dance:

Looks like I'm the only one here to cheer us on.....bummer... :hehe:

xoxo

• 3 weeks later...

:whistle:

Sure am missing the 3 A's round here.....

• 2 weeks later...
Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Italy
Timeline

Hello all. Since all the 'old' people seem to disappear, I'll start by introducing myself. I'm Angela and my husband Giancarlo is from Naples. We're in the panhandle of Florida, and just filed to lift the conditions on his green card. I've not been on here for a long time, so let me add how great the World Cup was :-)

Good luck to all of you in the early phases of the process. I might not be on here very often, but feel free to PM me about Naples-type questions (although, let me say in advance, I don't know anything about the hotels...).

Take care,

Angela

Angela (Florida) + Giancarlo (Italy)

Sep 9 01 - First date

Feb 13 04 - Engaged

Feb 20 04 - (day 0) NOA1

Jul 3 04 (day 134) - Received and returned RFE - another copy of divorce decree

Aug 2 04 (day 164) - NOA2!

Aug 9 04 (day 171) - at NVC

Aug 12 04(day 174) - NVC sent to Naples

Aug 23 04 (day 185) - Packet 3

Aug 25 04 (day 187) - Packet 3 returned

Sep 10 04 (day 213) - Packet 4

Sep 27 04 - (day 230) Consulate physical

Sep 28 04 - (day 231) Visa interview successful - he has VISA!

Oct 14 04 - (day 247) He is HOME!

Dec 18 04 - We are MARRIED!

Dec 31 04 - AOS/EAD/AP mailed to Chicago

Jan 5 05 - AOS/EAD NOA1

Jan 8 05 - AP rejection letter received, due to my error

Jan 26 05 - AP NOA1

Feb 18 05 - biometrics appointment & EAD approved online

Feb 26 05 - EAD received

Mar 2 05 - AOS fingerprints processed

Apr 1 05 - AOS NOA2 received! (dated 3-24-05)

Apr 11 05 - AP approved online

Apr 16 05 - AP received

May 5 05 - AOS interview successful

May 13 05 - Green card arrived in the mail

• 3 weeks later...

Hi swa!

Congrats on the interview date!

Is there anything in particular your wondering about for the upcoming interview?

Not much traffic in here latley, if there's something I cn help with, let me know!

Breezy

P.S.-

Hi Angela!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
Hi swa!

Congrats on the interview date!

Is there anything in particular your wondering about for the upcoming interview?

Not much traffic in here latley, if there's something I cn help with, let me know!

Breezy

P.S.-

Hi Angela!

Hi Angela,

Yes I have a few questions ,my fiance is flying to Naples Italy from another country for his Interview . He have his hotel reservations done already,but he like to know how the taxi charge you, is it by meters or they charge by flat fee to city centre,also he like to know the hours of the Banca Nazionale Del Lavoro where you pay the visa fee.And also is it possible to get a copy of your medical exam so he can use it at his AOS .

Thank you.

Swa.

Edited by swa

swa,

:blink: As far as taxi's go, they charge you by distance AND minutes if I'm not mistaken. If he needs to be taken a far distance, it could be expensive, maybe even $100. Sorry I'm not much help there. Maybe if you could tell me more or less where his hotel is located, I might be able to give you a better idea.

:star: There is a Banca Nazionale del Lavoro is located in downtown Naples, I think it's even walking distance from where his interview will take place, might even be a thirty minute walk, or more, or less...My husband can't remember exactly where it is located. But the address is:

:star: Banca Nazionale del Lavoro 14 Via F. Caracciolo (which is the main street he will see running along the sea. The street signs are written in the stone on the sides of the buildings.)

That office's telephone number is 081-668-858.

The toll free number is 800-900-900 (When dialing in Italy no need to add 1)

;) Just wondering if it is possible to pay the fee with a money order, Western Unions are also easy to find, and it might be easier, he could even get that before he arrives in Naples?

:yes: Let me know if anything else comes up!

Breezy

• 2 weeks later...

swa,

How's it going? Everything ready for the upcoming interview? :dance:

A big hello to the rest! :thumbs:

Let me hear from you Paola! :unsure:

xoxo

Breezy

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Austria
Timeline
swa,

How's it going? Everything ready for the upcoming interview? :dance:

A big hello to the rest! :thumbs:

Let me hear from you Paola! :unsure:

xoxo

Breezy

We have everything ready for the upcoming interview,plane ticket,booked hotel and we are set to go just waiting for the day to come.I am a little bit nervious but hopefuly everything goes well.We will keep you posted.

Swa.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.