Do you know each others passwords?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Do you know your SO's passwords?

• Yes
    • No
  2. 2. Does he/she know yours?

• Yes
    • No
  3. 3. Does this cause problems in your relationship?

• Yes, my SO feels he/she has a right to know, but I need my privacy
    • No, he/she needs their privacy as well.
    • Yes, I don't have anything to hide, but my SO prefers his privacy.
    • No, My SO and I agree that we are one, no reason to hide anything.

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Okay, my first attempt. If I screw it up I apologize!

Shortly after my husband met his friend that had met a woman on the internet found out she was cheating on him with others on the internet. This upset my husband greatly and demanded that I give him my passwords. I was pretty ticked off, but not because I had a problem sharing passwords, but because he would assume that I would cheat too. I did give him my password, and then I demanded his! Only fair...lol

Of course we have gotten far past that incident now, but we continue to share our passwords with each other. I don't care if he goes in and reads my e-mails and he feels the same. Since we are married we feel that we are one, and there should be nothing between us that the other doesn't know about.

Luckily we both feel the same way about this.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline

He knows mine and I know his, I have never felt the need to hide anything and neither has he.

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Timeline

well depends. if my husband dmanded my passwords HELL NO would he would not get them! then it would suggest he did not trust me. that to me is a red flag at the start of any relation. now my husband has only my email accounts NOT all. anything work related is hands off! as far as other passwords to accounts like bank accounts. NOPE if he was here thats diffrent. other than that there is no need to disclose everything. its the detective in me.

does this cause prolems in the marriage - no. because, my husband can careless about it. he dont go snooping in my e mails and I dont go snooping in his. there are times when i sent him an Email - stupid me would forget the LINK I sent him - I will go in there and retrive the e mail get the link. most of the times my husband for gets my passwords.

we also share a yahoo account. this is for us to store Emails and letters from congressman and stuff. we place these items in the brife case.

shon.gif

My husband has never asked for mine, nor I have I asked for his. There have been occasions where one of us is out and will say "can you log on and get this number for me", but I change my password routinely for security reasons. I assume he does the same.

I have a Yahoo account that I use exclusively for Yahoo groups and that some of my girlfriends use to email me more personal things. I would under no circumstances give him access to that account out of respect for the privacy of the groups and my friends.

While I don't have a problem with my husband reading anything I have written, I respect the privacy of those people who write to me. I would like to think that my friends don't share my emails with their husbands too.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

I'd have to do some serious housekeeping before I'd give mine up. :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Australia
Timeline
He knows mine and I know his, I have never felt the need to hide anything and neither has he.

:thumbs:

ditto

And I did no housekeeping before giving it to him - because as JP says, I have nothing to hide

Finally finished with immigration in 2012!

familyxmas-1-1.jpg

there have been a few times where I created a login for him (like USCIS and myspace :blush: ) so certainly i know the passwords, and him likewise. i don't care to read any of his stuff and he seems to feel the same. we did not outwardly pass along the list of logins, however mine are posted on the wall next to the pc. he could if he wanted to.

so my answers do not really fit into the selections - *in some cases*.

snooping sucks though

:lol:

Edited by lal_brandow

Ok, I never in a million years thought I would say this, but I tend to agree with babybunny on most of what she said.

My husband knows my passwords but doesn't care to use them. We do have a shared yahoo account for immigration stuff, and he even forgets how to get into that. He gave me his yahoo password when I didn't even want it and I do go there sometimes to check his e-mail because he won't. I always worry he will get an important e-mail from his family or something and not open it because he assumes all he gets is junk mail from yahoo or travel agencies, which is normally true. When I think it's been too long since he talked to his family and I know they are going to worry about him I'll open his yahoo messenger and leave it open on his computer so he will have to read the offline messages from them before he shuts it off, or lose them.

He knows my work is not something I can share and doesn't even want it - he understands that it is work and that is how it is.

I did share my entire hard drive with his computer last night so he can listen to my music and that made him very happy. Of course the first file he went into was "My Pictures" and started looking at my baby pictures. I have nothing to hide from him - he knows my entire past and doesn't expect me to not have one.

I know some of Sian's passwords. Primarily the ones on my sites. I've never asked her for them, nor will I. She hasn't asked me for mine either, although I think she knows most of them, since I tend to use the same password a lot of places. It isn't an issue. I'd gladly give her all of my passwords if she wanted/needed them.

Lady, people aren't chocolates. Do you know what they are mostly? Bastards. ####### coated bastards with ####### filling. But I don't find them half as annoying as I find naive bobble-headed optimists who walk around vomiting sunshine.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

We only have a few shared passwords, I know his voice mail password, his atm pin number, and his netflix password. He knows our joint account password and my voice mail password. But as for e-mail passwords, he doesn't know mine and I don't know his. We decided that what people confide in us should be between me/him and that person. If well feel like we need to share something in our accounts we will share. Most the time though we end up checking our e-mail when we are sitting next to each other at the computer. No peeking at the passwords though.

Adil & Janine

06/17/06- Wedding

08/16/06- I-130 and EAD sent with AOS packet

08/24/06- I-130, EAD, I-485 recieved

08/28/06- NOA1 for I-130, EAD, and I-485

09/01/06- Recieved boimetrics appointment letter

09/07/06- Biometrics appointment

10/24/06- Recieved letter for initial interview

11/21/06- EAD approved

11/27/06- EAD Recieved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

11/30/06- Touched- NOA for EAD sent

12/01/06- I-130 and I-485 Touched

12/20/06- Initial interview

12/20/06- APPROVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! (4 months!)

12/27/06- Recieved NOA2 for I-130

12/27/06- Recieved welcome letter

12/27/06- I-485 touched, New card ordered

01/03/06- PERMANENT RESIDENT CARD RECIEVED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!YAY!!!

09/18/08- Sent I-751... hopefully I did it corectly!

09/something... recieved NOA1 for I-751

10/16/08- Recieved biometrics appointment letter

10/25/08- Biometrics appontment!

03/19/09- Recieved letter stating I-751 transfered to CSC

03/30/09- I-751 approved!

04/02/09- Recieved approval letter

04/30/09- Recieved new card

10/14/09- Sent N-400... the wait begins again.....

10/24/09- Recieved NOA receipt letter

02/05/10- Recieved Fingerprint notification

02/23/10- Fingerprinting appointment

04/07/10- N-400 Interview

10/07/10- Request for aditional evidencce

02/07/11- Oath Ceremony letter arrives!!!!!!!!!!

02/18/11- Oath Ceremony!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline
I know some of Sian's passwords. Primarily the ones on my sites. I've never asked her for them, nor will I. She hasn't asked me for mine either, although I think she knows most of them, since I tend to use the same password a lot of places. It isn't an issue. I'd gladly give her all of my passwords if she wanted/needed them.

Yup, I have nothing to hide and neither has he. But I don't feel the NEED to ask him for the passwords I don't know. I trust him completely. By needing to know his passwords that strikes me as being a little insecure. Control freaky almost...

This was an uncomfortable issue for me. I never felt the need to have his password nor share mine. I think people should be afforded both trust and their own little privacies. Mohammed however was constantly pushing his password at me until I broke down and accepted it. I really didn't want it. I trust him and I don't need these types of proofs. I gave him mine because it seemed wrong not to do so but I have nothing at all to hide from him. So yes, we traded passwords, but it was never a big deal for me.

I may be sticking my foot in it, but I also think if someone wants to have secrets they will, password or not. A person can have a gazillion accounts. So to me its all a moot point anyway.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I may be sticking my foot in it, but I also think if someone wants to have secrets they will, password or not. A person can have a gazillion accounts. So to me its all a moot point anyway.

This is very true. However I will add that the exchange of passwords for us was not even a point of discussion, it just kinda happened. It wasnt that he said give it to me. It just kinda happened. I have his passwords and he has mine but we don't use them. I only sign into his accounts when he asks me too.

Occasionaly he will call me and say I sent you a yahoo message why didnt you answer me. Its because I left it online by accident and he will sign me out. I don't care that he has it and never do any housekeeping. However I will add this funny story. When I joined VJ i subscribed to this forum and I got a notification of a new thread by Kelly. She had posted a love song or poem of some kind. I had not gotten around to telling him about VJ at that point. I asked him to go in my email one day for something, and he saw what he thought was a love not from someone to me. Lets just say that wasnt a fun day. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
This is very true. However I will add that the exchange of passwords for us was not even a point of discussion, it just kinda happened. It wasnt that he said give it to me. It just kinda happened. I have his passwords and he has mine but we don't use them. I only sign into his accounts when he asks me too.

Same for us.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.