KariKari87

K-1 Visa CDJ questions

7 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there everyone.

Was kind of wondering about the packet my fiance "should" be receiving, do they usually get it, and if so how long does that take in you all's experiences, and is there anything really all that important in there. Oh and to fill out the DS-260, says we need an invoice number but on the letter the NVC sent, it doesnt contain one. Is that somewhere else?

As for the medical, can it ONLY be done in CDJ prior to an interview? at the 2 listed locations? and as for the ASC biometrics, can this be done elsewhere earlier on? like in Guadalajara?

Appreciative of any responses :)

Met in 2006 on RPG

Relationship start 2008

Plans 2009

Flew to Mexico 2010

Flew to Mexico for 6 months in 2011

December 14 2011 Sent I-129F

December 16 2011 Received first NOA which was sent December 15

April 16 received second NOA.

May 14 received letter from American Consulate General

May 18 sent packet to fiance

June 20 fiance finally received it (postal ppl had it there since beginning of june, but told him they didnt)

july 30 They issued his Visa :)

September 6 arrived in Texas

October 21 got married :)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there everyone.

Was kind of wondering about the packet my fiance "should" be receiving, do they usually get it, and if so how long does that take in you all's experiences, and is there anything really all that important in there. Oh and to fill out the DS-260, says we need an invoice number but on the letter the NVC sent, it doesnt contain one. Is that somewhere else?

As for the medical, can it ONLY be done in CDJ prior to an interview? at the 2 listed locations? and as for the ASC biometrics, can this be done elsewhere earlier on? like in Guadalajara?

EL INVOICE # LO PUEDES PEDIR AL NVC LLAMANDOLES Y DANDOLES TU NUMERO DE CASOS.

EL INVIOCE LO NECESITAS PARA PODER ACCEDER A LS DS-260.

LOS EXAMENES SOLO SE PUEDEN HACER EN CD JUAREZ Y CON 2 0 3 DIAS DE ANTES DE TU CITA.

LA CITA PARA CAS DE CD JUAREZ LA TIENES QUE HACER ANTESD E IR A TU CITA, TAMBIEN CON 2 DIAS DE ANTICIPACION.

TODO SE HACE EN CIUDAD JUAREZ NO HAY NINGUN OTRO LUGAR DONDE SE HACEN TODOS ESTOS TRAMITES.

SUERTE.

USCIS

CR-1 Y CR-2 (173 DAYS)

JUL-27-11..........SENT THE I-130 FOR WIFE & DAUGHTER (5 YEARS OLD).

JUL-29-11...........RECEIVED IN CHICAGO & PRIORITY DATE 29/JULY IN BOTH CASES

AUG-02-11..........TEXT & EMAIL CONFIRMATION

AUG-04-11..........TOUCH

AUG-10-11..........GET THE FAMOUS NOA1 in the mail!!!!!

JAN-12-12..........WE ASK FOR EXPEDITE REQUEST

JAN-18-12..........NOA2 IN BOTH CASES!!!!!! :D

-------------------------------------

NVC

FEB-01-12..........CASE NUMBER & INVOICE I.D. (BOTH CASES)

FEB-02-12..........CHOICE OF AGENT

MAY-08-12..........AOS PAID

MAY-08-12..........IV PAID

MAY-10-12..........DS-260 & ELECTRONIC DOCUMENTS

MAY-10-12..........AOS PACKAGE

MAY-15-12..........I MADE A MISTAKE WITH THE BANK ACCOUNT # WHEN I MADE THE PAID FOR IV & AOS!!!!!

MAY-19-12..........3ER TIME I SEND THE PAID FOR IV & AOS.

MAY-22-12..........APPEARS PAID!! :D

MAY-23-12..........WE RECEIVE AN EMAIL ASKING THE IV & AOS FEE!!!AND WE ALREADY PAID!!

MAY-23-12..........OUR CASES PASSED TO A SUPERVISOR OF NVC!!:D

MAY-23-12..........CASE COMPLETE

-------------------------------------

CONSULATE IN CD.JUAREZ

JUL-02-12..........MEDICAL EXAMS/VACCINES

JUL-03-12..........CAS CD JUAREZ

JUL-06-12..........INTERVIEW

[/color]JUL-10-12..........EL PASO,TX.

JUL-17-12........#SS DAUGHTER

JUL-25-12..........GREEN CARDS OF HAND!!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there everyone.

^ is correct, you can call NVC and ask them to give that information to you, its much faster to call them then send an email.

And yes you have to do the medicals in Juarez and they recommend you show up a few days early to get all that done. My appt will be on a monday so ill be in juarez the thursday before to get that done. the ACS biometrics can be done at any of the locations but my lawyer personally recommended me to get that done in Juarez. I think you will be fine if you do it in Guadalajara but thats just what my lawyer recommended for me. Good luck with everything!! ^_^

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

EL INVOICE # LO PUEDES PEDIR AL NVC LLAMANDOLES Y DANDOLES TU NUMERO DE CASOS.

EL INVIOCE LO NECESITAS PARA PODER ACCEDER A LS DS-260.

LOS EXAMENES SOLO SE PUEDEN HACER EN CD JUAREZ Y CON 2 0 3 DIAS DE ANTES DE TU CITA.

LA CITA PARA CAS DE CD JUAREZ LA TIENES QUE HACER ANTESD E IR A TU CITA, TAMBIEN CON 2 DIAS DE ANTICIPACION.

TODO SE HACE EN CIUDAD JUAREZ NO HAY NINGUN OTRO LUGAR DONDE SE HACEN TODOS ESTOS TRAMITES.

SUERTE.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Es cierto que se deve hacer el examen y cas antes de la cita consular, pero no especificamente 2-3 dias. En la cita medica te dan un sobre sellado para la cita consular, y en CAS te tramitan la huellas digitalmente. Osea, que son enviadas o tramitidas electonicamente y cuando se presenta una a la cita cosular el oficial tiene acesso la informacion.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Hi there everyone.

You can call the NVC to see if it has arrived in Juarez. You need to get your CDJ case #, invoice # and beneficiary ID # from the NVC before you can fill out the DS-260: 603-334-0700

Juarez will send the USC and the beneficiary in Mexico a letter. Sometimes the letter does not reach the person in Mexico because of the crappy mail system there. If the only one that receives it is the USC, it can be mailed or scanned and emailed and printed out by the beneficiary in Mexico. It does not have to be the original.

The letter you receive points you to the sites where the instructions, forms and place to schedule your appointment and interview is. The letter is the only 'packet' you will receive. You should go to the links listed in the letter. The letter will be needed by the K-1 applicant at their ASC, medical and interview in Juarez, along with the confirmation page from the DS-260.

Here are the forms: http://ciudadjuarez.usconsulate.gov/fianceforms.html , instructions (very important to follow and they explain a lot): http://photos.state.gov/libraries/ciudadjuarez/231771/PDFs/packetk10412.pdf , and CDJ info: http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/index.php?ctry=Mexico&cty=Juarez

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Cuba
Timeline

Hi there everyone.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.