GAFL

Interview Question

12 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am researching and planning at the same time on all possible situations. Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

-My fiancee interviewed for a tourist visa last summer to come visit, but was denied.

-I intend to file the K-1 visa in the upcoming months. Currently, just making sure all the paperwork is in order and plan to file closer to him completing school at his local university.

-My question is because I'm getting all of my money saved and organized too, would you recommend me attending his interview with him when the time approaches?

My instinct tells me yes, but I just wanted to hear others opinion.

*Honestly too, I don't think I could bare hearing bring your fiancee or anything along those lines if it could have been prevented in the beginning with me being there.*

Thank you,

T.

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I am planning on being with my Love the day of his interview. Not sure if it helps or not but when he is approved,(yes i am thinking positive) I want to be there to celebrate with him! This is a long road of waiting and I would also hate for a little thing like me not being there affect something. :)

Good luck!

Live for today because you never know what tomorrow will bring!

01/28/2010: Met on Evony online game

02/23/2011: Started dating

08/09/2011: First meeting in Canada

10/03/2011: I went to Canada for a visit

02/03/2012: I went to Canada for a visit

02/10/2012: Got engaged

02/11/2012: He was denied entry to US & sent back for more documents

02/12/2012: Denied entry again even with documents

02/13/2012: I returned home

04/21/2012: Mailed K-1 visa petition

04/24/2012: Certified mail delivery confirmation

04/27/2012: Check cashed

04/27/2012: E-mail notification of receipt of petition

04/29/2012: NOA1 received!

08/07/2012: Received e-mail notification of RFE

09/07/2012: Finally able to send back info for RFE

09/17/2012: NOA2 APPROVED!!!

waiting......

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jordan
Timeline

I will go to my husband's interview with him, I want to be by his side. I emailed the consulate and they said I could. You may want to email the consulate where your fiance will go for an interview, as not all consulates allow the SO. I personally think it's a good thing to be there. good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Pakistan
Timeline

I know some people who have gone with their loved one to their interview and some who have not. I had planned to be there with my fiance but chose to go and visit him since the wait ended up being much longer than we had thought it was going to be. From what I can tell, it really doesn't hurt if you go but it doesn't really help either. I would however highly recommend that you check to make sure the Embassy where your interview will be conducted allows for the USC to be present at the interview or not. Some do allow it and some don't.

Basically do what you feel is best! and Best of Luck!

Edited by worth_the_wait

[size="2"][font="Tahoma"][b]Worth The Wait
[/b][/font][/size]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Our Visa Journey
[/color][/size][size="2"][color="#000080"]I-129F Sent 5/6/11
I-129F NOA1 Received 5/11/11
I-129F RFE Received 9/8/11
I-129F RFE Returned 9/23/11
I-129F NOA2 Received 11/17/11
NVC Received from USCIS 11/21/11
NVC Sent to Embassy 11/25/11
Embassy Received 12/2/11
Packet 3.5 Received 12/8/11
Packet 3.5 Returned 12/22/11
Packet 4 Received 1/13/12
Medical Date 1/19/12
Interview Date 2/23/2012
Administrative Review 2/24/2012
Visa Issued 4/30/2012
Visa Received 5/4/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]POE Washington DC 5/21/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Married 5/30/2012[/color][/size][/font]

[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#ff0000"]Adjustment of Status (AOS) Journey [/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Packet including: I-485, I-765 and I-131 sent 11/7/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]Biometrics Completed: 12/18/2012[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Approved: 1/17/2013[/color][/size][/font]
[font="Tahoma"][size="2"][color="#000080"]EAD/AP Combo Card Received: 1/22/2013[/color][/size][/font]

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Ghana
Timeline

I am researching and planning at the same time on all possible situations. Any advice or suggestions would be welcomed.

-My fiancee interviewed for a tourist visa last summer to come visit, but was denied.

-I intend to file the K-1 visa in the upcoming months. Currently, just making sure all the paperwork is in order and plan to file closer to him completing school at his local university.

-My question is because I'm getting all of my money saved and organized too, would you recommend me attending his interview with him when the time approaches?

My instinct tells me yes, but I just wanted to hear others opinion.

*Honestly too, I don't think I could bare hearing bring your fiancee or anything along those lines if it could have been prevented in the beginning with me being there.*

Thank you,

T.

B1/2 in Ghana are very hard to get--

Many many people have succeeded with their fiance not being there in Ghana- if you have all the papers and evidence you are good to go. Sometimes they wont let the American in for the interview, its up to you.

I guess I would ask these ?s

How long have you been together?

How many visits?

Do you have a lot of supporting documents? phone? skype? snail mail? email? so on

Copies of your passport showing travels there

Pictures

Meeting family and such

If you have plenty and have no HUGE red flags and your fiance is prepared for any question they may ask your good. I made sure my fiance knew every stupid little thing they may ask just in case.... you have plenty of time since you haven't even applied to gather the evidence, make sure it covers as much of your relationship as you can.

From your about us section, it seems with two visits already you will have at least one more before interview time, which is more then many have that have been approved.

With the help of this site you will have all that you need- don't worry

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ghana
Timeline

Thank you everyone for your feedback. I am excited and nervous all at once and haven't mailed the first document off. hahahahah :)

Happy Monday!!

B1/2 in Ghana are very hard to get--

Many many people have succeeded with their fiance not being there in Ghana- if you have all the papers and evidence you are good to go. Sometimes they wont let the American in for the interview, its up to you.

I guess I would ask these ?s

How long have you been together? So far, we have been together 9 months.

How many visits? I met him Summer 2011 and went back April 2012.

Do you have a lot of supporting documents? phone? skype? snail mail? email? Working on collecting all of these documents now

Copies of your passport showing travels there

Pictures yes :)

Meeting family and such yes :)

If you have plenty and have no HUGE red flags and your fiance is prepared for any question they may ask your good. I made sure my fiance knew every stupid little thing they may ask just in case.... you have plenty of time since you haven't even applied to gather the evidence, make sure it covers as much of your relationship as you can.

From your about us section, it seems with two visits already you will have at least one more before interview time, which is more then many have that have been approved.

With the help of this site you will have all that you need- don't worry

-Met in Ghana August 2011

-Went back to Ghana April 2012

-Went back to Ghana December 2012

-Married to the man God created just for me on January 4th, 2013.

-Filed the CR-1 in February 2013

-Petition Transfered from National Benefits Center to Texas Service Center October 2013

-Petition APPROVED January 2014 (*Took 10 Months 19 Calendar Days)

-Case Number/Invoice Identification Number Assigned February 2014 (*Took 33 Calendar Days)

-Approved Interview May 2014

-Arrival May 2014

Now, We are Prayerfully taking everything 1 day at a time. Thanking God for his blessings and grace.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I plan on being on the ground for my Fiances Lagos interview, wether or not they allow me in is immaterial as I will be there for her.

I agree...just being there with your loved one is well worth its weight in gold. I was there with Ben. I made it all the way to the Consular Section (even though I was told I wasn't allowed ~ the guards let me go in and said I could wait right outside the Consular Section) and sat outside and waited. (Actually, I did get inside the Consular Section, but when they saw me, they got super pissed off, lol, that I made it that far, as it's a big no no, lol. Anyway, I sat outside and waited, but being there is important. If you can go...go.

Men are like stars ~ there are a million of them, but only ONE can make your dreams come true. I found my STAR...

event.png

~K E N Y A~

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I will be leaving home on Tuesday to go to Dakar. My fiance's interview is on June 5th. I would not miss it for the world! Good luck to you!

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I plan on being on the ground for my Fiances Lagos interview, wether or not they allow me in is immaterial as I will be there for her.

Me too I plan to be there. No in Lagos we aren't allowed in but no matter I will be there.

Also here's something to do so CO knows you are there I have heard some use.

When your Hunni is called up to window for interview he will be asked to hand over passport. He will have yours also and hand them both over. Obviously CO doesn't need yours but now knows "she is here". They will hand back your passport and may ask where you are. But they know and well sure doesn't hurt at least they know you are there for your hunni.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Filed: Timeline

Me too I plan to be there. No in Lagos we aren't allowed in but no matter I will be there.

Also here's something to do so CO knows you are there I have heard some use.

When your Hunni is called up to window for interview he will be asked to hand over passport. He will have yours also and hand them both over. Obviously CO doesn't need yours but now knows "she is here". They will hand back your passport and may ask where you are. But they know and well sure doesn't hurt at least they know you are there for your hunni.

I have heard though of a couple of folks that were later called in by the CO in Lagos, this was on another non immigration forum.

My cunning plan is to give her my Passport to show I'm there and then hold on to my citizenship certificate in case I need that to enter.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I have heard though of a couple of folks that were later called in by the CO in Lagos, this was on another non immigration forum.

My cunning plan is to give her my Passport to show I'm there and then hold on to my citizenship certificate in case I need that to enter.

Yes so have I and more the reason for me to be there. I really believe they will want to see this older woman with this younger man. To see me is to love me.

Even though when they send for you they usually send out your hunni with your passport to bring you back. But no matter they will know I am there. We can both just get one of those chairs and chill in the shade.

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.