abidinmach

Getting NVC case number

229 posts in this topic

Called yesterday, still nothing.... However we got a reply from nvcresearch email

Dear Sir/Madam:

The National Visa Center (
NVC
) has not yet received this petition from

U.S. Citizenship Immigration Service (USCIS). Please allow more time

for your petition to be received at the
NVC

Sincerely,

Jess

National Visa Center

Written Inquiry Unit

Serco Inc., Support Contractor

NVCResearch@state.gov

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

OK, I'll have my husband call now, thanks! Did you already pay the first bill?

duuuuuude call them back and ASK for the invoice ID and the beneficiary ID

trust me , they'll give it on the spot better than an email that could take days

Filed: Timeline

no the embassy we're going thru does the electronic DS-261 and DS-260 ( the paper equivalents of DS-3032 and DS-230 )

so I completed the DS-261 (agent of choice) on the CEAC site and it said wait 3-5 days before I can pay the fees

Edited by Givemegoodnews

Filed: Timeline

My husband just called NVC and.................WE GOT OUR CASE NUMBER!!!! jaejayC' you are next!!! :)

Thanks, but I suspesct yours got expedited due to the ridiculously long time it took. I'll call tonight, but I'm not expecting anything for another week.

Called yesterday, still nothing.... However we got a reply from nvcresearch email

LOL. That's the most generic and uninformative email I have seen... He didn't even make up anything?

Edited by jaejayC

Timeline

I see, it's different for me. I emailed the choice of agent and got a reply that it's been accepted and the agent will receive instructions soon.

no the embassy we're going thru does the electronic DS-261 and DS-260 ( the paper equivalents of DS-3032 and DS-230 )

so I completed the DS-261 (agent of choice) on the CEAC site and it said wait 3-5 days before I can pay the fees

Timeline

Cheer up, you will get it soooooo soon! I just know it.

Thanks, but I suspesct yours got expedited due to the ridiculously long time it took. I'll call tonight, but I'm not expecting anything for another week.

LOL. That's the most generic and uninformative email I have seen... He didn't even make up anything?

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Vietnam
Timeline

Darnell nailed it. This isn't a backlog though, it's a royal screw up somewhere some time in mid-May. My petition got there in 16 business days (which is still logner than usual), and my petition was approved after yours.

I've noticed that people who wait over a month for NVC to receive their petition seem to get expedited once they actually arrive at NVC - Getting case numbers and IIN immediately.

Let us know when you get your IIN so we know if it gets expedited.. I would love to see it for us... They just old me to call back on Tuesday and that they could tell me what to do on Tuesday but as of today it hasn't been 15 business days.. I suspect the Tuesday deal is, advise me to do an inquiry... I should get it mid next week based on the stats.. and have everything ready to get it going from there...

"Every one of us bears within himself the possibilty of all passions, all destinies of life in all its forms. Nothing human is foreign to us" - Edward G. Robinson.

Well a week of five disappointing days passed by. A lady operator answered my call today, not much to do, she said a lot of people with receipt date around our NOA2 date are calling nowadays.

But she also said that they usually receive files on mondays in batches. Don't know if she just said that to comfort me but well I'm kinda unemotional about it now to be honest. One can only sustain the disappointment for so long.

Edited by GandK

Holy smoke, I just called and got a case number at the same time. I wasn't expecting that at all. I'm so freaking happy now. Going to call my wife in a bit and tell her. Wow, this is crazy. Good luck to the rest of you guys. My NOA2 is May 15th.

I-129F NOA2 : 2012-05-15

NVC Received : 2012-06-22

NVC Left : 2012-06-28

Consulate Received : 2012-07-02

Packet 3 Received : Called DOS on 07/3 and package 3 sent out. We didn't wait for the "physical" package. My fiance' mailed DS2001 and DS230 part I

out the next day via EMS. You don't have to wait for pkg3. You can download and fill it out ahead of time.

Packet 3 Sent : 2012-07-04

Consulate Received pkg 3: 2012-07-06

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Ireland
Timeline

Oue 130 was approved may 17 and we still have no nvc number. I call and email and they keep telling me its not in the system and to call USCIS. So I call USCIS and they tell me they forwarded it to the nvc may 17. Im going back and forth wondering why they cant communicate! So I got my congress woman involved and nvc actually responded to her. they said they would contact uscis to see where our petition is. its a nightmare! im trying to request an expedite due to a medical emergency and they cant even find our petition. When i call the nvc they are very rude and quick to get me off the phone. Have u emailed NVCresearch? Also, call USCIS and ask to speak to an Officer. I did that yesterday but was put on hold for an hour and 15 minutes. Luckily Im back in the states. To call out of country and pay for that wait time is just not possible. I know, I was in Ireland and trying to call. Im seeing some people saying they're getting nvc number in 2 weeks and others saying its been months and still nothing. why is this!! Im just as frustrated as you are, Im sorry :(

Candance Mc Guinnness

www.bringmydaddyhome.blogspot.com

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Still nothing here... :bonk:

USCIS

2012 Jan 23: NOA1

2012 May 31: NOA2 (129 days)

NVC

2012 Jun 25: NVC received file from USCIS

2012 Jun 28: NVC assigned case number

2012 Jun 28: DS-3032 e-mailed to NVC

2012 Jul 10: DS-3032 was accepted

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 10: AOS fee is Paid

2012 Jul 11: AOS fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: AOS package sent to NVC

2012 Jul 20: AOS package accepted

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Invoiced

2012 Jul 11: IV fee is Paid

2012 Jul 12: IV fee status showed Paid in system

2012 Jul 12: IV packet sent to NVC

2012 Jul 21: CASE COMPLETE at NVC (26 days)

CONSULATE

2012 Aug 03: Received packet 4 / date of interview by e-mail

2012 Sep 10: Medical Exam

2012 Sep 12: INTERVIEW Result: APPROVED!

2012 Sep 17: Received Passport

USA!!!

2012 Sep 23: POE Detroit

2012 Oct 02: SSN Received

2012 Oct 12: Greencard received

event.png

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.