Prettywoman

K1 application

4 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello need advice, my fiance filed the application May 1, 2012 we still didnt recieved any notice yet if the center recieved our petition. Anyways my main cornern is, im legally working abroad and we decided to process my visa interview, etc..here abroad much easier for me than in the Philippines. I want to ask if is it ok to resign from my work while our application is on process? My fiance already provided proof in our petition that im a legal resident here for the purposes of incase in the interview will ask why we processed here not in my country of origin. I want to resign for personal reason.. Does it will affect anything? Thanks..

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello need advice, my fiance filed the application May 1, 2012 we still didnt recieved any notice yet if the center recieved our petition. Anyways my main cornern is, im legally working abroad and we decided to process my visa interview, etc..here abroad much easier for me than in the Philippines. I want to ask if is it ok to resign from my work while our application is on process? My fiance already provided proof in our petition that im a legal resident here for the purposes of incase in the interview will ask why we processed here not in my country of origin. I want to resign for personal reason.. Does it will affect anything? Thanks..

Your employment has no effect. Be aware it could be a long time before you get your visa. If you do not need to work, or just want to change jobs...go for it. makes no difference.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Welcome to the forum.

Should be fine. the affidavit of financial support will be due from the US citizen petitioner, not you, the beneficiary.

BTW, for meaningful site statistics, when you receive your I-797c, NOA1, be sure to correct your profile and timeline to the proper service center. I-129F petitions are mailed to the Dallas Tx Lockbox facility, NOT the Texas Service Center. Your receipt number will start with EAC (Vermont Service Center) or WAC (California Service Center), they are the only centers that adjudicate I-129F petitions.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: IR-5 Country: Philippines
Timeline

Oh, ok.. My fiance in US dont have any problem in regards to proof of support and job... He works in the government and he is stable. One of our firends told us better not to resign while the application is on process because, it may result to problem or conflict, not until i will be interviewed and approved. They said, it may be a big question for the embassy, while presently working means i am not illegal here. but i do have my legal documents, work and residence card... I worked here for 5 years with an indefinite contract but i wanted to resign long time ago and shift to a stress free 3-6months contract, or rest while waiting. I am afraid and doesnt know how to decide.. If my fiancee filed a petition and the recieving location is in Spain for interview not in my own country of origin (because i live and work here), what are the common pre-requisite for the beneficiary aside for the documents needed in the checklist?... Does the consulate ask for my legal aspect here in Spain? Thanks

Sorry i think i made a mistake on what i said about the TSC, because my fiance Made the application...i think u r right..anyways thanks for the advices..

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.