jkb11

Medical examination

5 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Poland
Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about forms that I need to get from my medical examination for my K-1 and here are my questions:

1. As I understand, I will be handed a DS-3025 form, which is enough for the K-1 interview?

2. Since I plan on adjusting my status within a year from my medical, I can request for additional stuff so that I can skip looking for and paying the civil surgeon in the US, right?

3. One of these optional forms is the DS-3025 vaccination supplement, right? So I can take my shots and ask to have that form issued after completing the neccessary vaccines with that CS?

4. Will I need I-693? Will the CS back home issue me one if I need it?

5. How many sealed envelopes will I get from the CS? One for DS-3025 for consulate, one for I-693 for USCIS when adjusting status? I read that USCIS accepts I-693 only in sealed envelopes.

6. Do I need extra copies of DS-3025 for USCIS to adjust status? I understand the consulate will take one of them without returning it to me?

I would greatly appreciate getting answers to these questions!

Cheers!

Timeline

Hi everyone!

I was thinking about forms that I need to get from my medical examination for my K-1 and here are my questions:

1. As I understand, I will be handed a DS-3025 form, which is enough for the K-1 interview?

2. Since I plan on adjusting my status within a year from my medical, I can request for additional stuff so that I can skip looking for and paying the civil surgeon in the US, right?

3. One of these optional forms is the DS-3025 vaccination supplement, right? So I can take my shots and ask to have that form issued after completing the neccessary vaccines with that CS?

5. How many sealed envelopes will I get from the CS? One for DS-3025 for consulate, one for I-693 for USCIS when adjusting status? I read that USCIS accepts I-693 only in sealed envelopes.

6. Do I need extra copies of DS-3025 for USCIS to adjust status? I understand the consulate will take one of them without returning it to me?

Cheers!

Please read the following documents from IV Unit in Warsaw to better learn about the process at the Consulate stage, including the medical:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/poland/275705/cons_iv/IV-F04%20Instructions%20for%20applicants_Feb%2022_%202012.pdf

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/poland/275705/cons_iv/IV-F11%20Medical%20examinations%20information%20revApr_2012.pdf

At the medical you will get sealed envelope, which stays at consulate.

They also SHOULD give you extra DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet for you. If they don't, request it, you will need it when filing for AOS.

Hi everyone!

Cheers!

2. Try to get all vaccines over there, it will be much more expensive here. It might be unavoidable to see a CS here; it all depends on whether all vaccines required can be applied. The requirements are listed in a CDC-Center for Disease Control, I have a copy and can post it you would like, or you can find it in the CDC site. Esentially, it depends on what vaccines you had already and your age to determine what more might be needed. In some case 2 applications (shots) are needed and only one is done in Poland because of time constraints.

You might still need to see a CS here to 'translate' the DS-3025 into tthe 693. We did, for $10 in Denver (We were going and I knew hers would need the translation so I had planned all that). Other CS are scammers

3. Yes

4. Yes, they will have anything needed

5. CS will get you a sealed envelope that you include in your AOS paperwork/application

6. If I recall correctly, doc in Waraszawa gave my wife a copy and then they independently sent one to the Embassy

Edited by Gosia & Tito

Timeline

Please read the following documents from IV Unit in Warsaw to better learn about the process at the Consulate stage, including the medical:

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/poland/275705/cons_iv/IV-F04%20Instructions%20for%20applicants_Feb%2022_%202012.pdf

http://photos.state.gov/libraries/poland/275705/cons_iv/IV-F11%20Medical%20examinations%20information%20revApr_2012.pdf

At the medical you will get sealed envelope, which stays at consulate.

They also SHOULD give you extra DS-3025 Vaccination Documentation Worksheet for you. If they don't, request it, you will need it when filing for AOS.

2. Try to get all vaccines over there, it will be much more expensive here. It might be unavoidable to see a CS here; it all depends on whether all vaccines required can be applied. The requirements are listed in a CDC-Center for Disease Control, I have a copy and can post it you would like, or you can find it in the CDC site. Esentially, it depends on what vaccines you had already and your age to determine what more might be needed. In some case 2 applications (shots) are needed and only one is done in Poland because of time constraints.

You might still need to see a CS here to 'translate' the DS-3025 into tthe 693. We did, for $10 in Denver (We were going and I knew hers would need the translation so I had planned all that). Other CS are scammers

3. Yes

4. Yes, they will have anything needed

5. CS will get you a sealed envelope that you include in your AOS paperwork/application

6. If I recall correctly, doc in Waraszawa gave my wife a copy and then they independently sent one to the Embassy

Alright, that sort of explains it to me. I hope I do it right lol. Thanks guys!

Cheers!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.