aramahmed

what's fatest way to get US citizenship after greencard?

41 posts in this topic

I would recommend watching the movie "Green Card" starring Gérard Depardieu.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0099699/

Basically about a guy getting married to a US citizen to stay in the US. Long story short (spoiler alert), the guy gets deported out of the US at the end of the movie when INS (USCIS) discovers that he made an arranged marriage.

Moral #1 of the story: Never lie!

Moral #2 of the story: Never lie to the USCIS!

--

Edited by nwctzn

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Australia
Timeline

he seems all over the place.. FIrst he enquired about VISA lottery... then About K1 then even a work even visa..

Hell he even started a thread saying " What should i do when i meet my american fiancé for first time" lol

He does seem extremely fishy to me... :huh:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

If you fall in love and marry a USC. Then she will petition for you.

It will take 10 months or more-if you are from the middle east area

Then there is AP after the interview and it can take 6 months

Then you come to USA!! Then you wait almost 3 years and you get to apply for citizenship

So I guess from starting a relationship to citizenship can take about 5 years, maybe 4

Good Luck

I think winning the DV lottery is quicker but then YOU have to have some money to support yourself

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I just want to know info about this details

If you marry someone you will have permenant resident card.After 6 month usually.But after it what is the best way to get citizenship?

And how long it take to get it at least?

Regards,

The fastest way now to become a USC after obtaining a greencard is to join the military. According to an executive order by President Obama, there is no waiting period for those who are in the military. If this applies to your situation, you might want to check it out. My daughter will be joining shortly after receiving her green card. My wife was amazed to realize that our daughter will be naturalized long before my wife. If getting off to a good start and obtaining a free college education is important, this is an excellent opportunity, especially for any K-2 applicant. No need to be in an area where hostilities are in process. You are only required to be in active military duty any where in the world.

Edited by extremerecluse

event.png

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Moldova
Timeline

The fastest way? Join the army. They will make you a citizen immediately. I know a couple from VJ that are going this route.

K1 Process -

1/30/12 - I-129F sent

2/2/12 - NOA1 Received (CSC)

2/3/12 - Visa App Fee Check Cashed

6/18/12 - NOA2 Email Received at 9PM MST

6/22/12 - NOA2 Letter Received in Mail

7/11/12 - NVC Received

7/13/12 - NVC Sent Case to Moldova Embassy

7/18/12 - Packet 3 dropped off to Embassy

7/19/12 - Packet 3 & 4 Instructions Received from Embassy

7/23/12 - Medical Exam Passed

7/27/12 - Interview

8/4/12 - POE Denver, CO

9/14/12 - Wedding #1 (Denver Courthouse)

9/17/12 - AOS/EAD sent

9/19/12 - AOS/EAD NOA1

10/23/12 - Biometrics

1/16/23 - AOS Interview

6/15/13 - Wedding #2 (Colorado)

6/22/13 - Wedding #3 (Moldova)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

I just want to know info about this details

If you marry someone you will have permenant resident card.After 6 month usually.But after it what is the best way to get citizenship?

And how long it take to get it at least?

Regards,

Become a soldier in the US Army, then apply for citizenship.

he seems all over the place.. FIrst he enquired about VISA lottery... then About K1 then even a work even visa..

Hell he even started a thread saying " What should i do when i meet my american fiancé for first time" lol

He does seem extremely fishy to me... :huh:

Agree !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

only thing i know of is, Married to US citizen, join military ( Active as far as i know but it could also be reserve ) and then it can be done in two years.

Filing January 2012.

NOA1 Jan 26 2012

NOA2 March 23 2012 ( expedited )

NVC rec . Apr 6th 2012

AOS bill invoiced Apr 6th 2012

IV bill invoiced APR 20 2012

NVC Complete may 9th 2012

Papers received at embassy in Jakarta May 21 2012

Interview May 22 2012

Visa received May23 2012

POE Dallas/Ft W May 25th 2012

sUgzp7.png

lJjYp7.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Sounds highly suspicious to me.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-5 Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If, after your greencard, you join the military, you can have your citizenship expedited.

Interesting!!Where can I get more information about that Penguin_ie or the Vjrs?

Edited by benuk

I-130 SENT 2012/01/20

I-130 NOA1 2012/01/24

I-130 NOA2 2012/06/12

NVC receiv 2012/07/02

NVC case # 2012/07/13

DS-3032 emailed 2012/07/13

AOS paid 2012/07/20

AOS sent 2012/07/23

DS-3032 Accepted 2012/07/24

IV paid 2012/07/25

IV/DS-230 sent 2012/07/26

RFE missing pay stubs 2012/08/03

Case completed 2012/08/16

Inteview Date 2012/10/16

221g (new co-sponsor and proof of domicile for my son) crazy stuff!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.