Juan & Cami

How to properly document trips to visit fiance?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am visiting my fiance in 1 week (I, the USC, am flying to Uruguay), and I am wondering how I can properly document my trip to show enough proof at the interview. I am staying for 3 months, so what is a good proof of our time spent together? Are photos enough, and if so, how many?

Do disposable cameras time stamp pictures?

I am looking for all and any tips or advice, thanks everyone!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Also include receipts such as hotels, bank atm withdrawals and of course your passport will be stamped. Take pictures of both of you together in different settings and clothing and with family and friends.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Hi everyone,

I am visiting my fiance in 1 week (I, the USC, am flying to Uruguay), and I am wondering how I can properly document my trip to show enough proof at the interview. I am staying for 3 months, so what is a good proof of our time spent together? Are photos enough, and if so, how many?

Do disposable cameras time stamp pictures?

I am looking for all and any tips or advice, thanks everyone!!!

Also, when it comes to the pictures, take them with whatever camera you have. There's no need to have time stamps on the pictures AT ALL.

Take as many pictures with family and friends... not just of the two of you. good.gif

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Uruguay
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the replies!

Also include receipts such as hotels, bank atm withdrawals and of course your passport will be stamped. Take pictures of both of you together in different settings and clothing and with family and friends.

I am staying with my fiance in his parents house so there is no hotel receipt, is there any way to show this? Also, we are going to Argentina for 2 weeks with his parents and they are renting a cabin in their name...since its in their name will this be usable at all?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Thanks everyone for the replies!

I am staying with my fiance in his parents house so there is no hotel receipt, is there any way to show this? Also, we are going to Argentina for 2 weeks with his parents and they are renting a cabin in their name...since its in their name will this be usable at all?

No need for hotel receipts if you will be staying with his family, dear. I think it's way better to have pictures taken at his parent's home with the family ...and then pictures of wherever you guys go in Argentina.

A heads up for you, though. Visitors to Argentina, from a few countries, including the US, are required to pay for a "Tasa de Reciprocidad".. which costs USD 140 and it has a 10 year validity. It will be stamped on your passport, just like we get our visas stamped on ours when visiting the US.

At the airport, they will make you pay for this tax before immigration even checks your passport; however.... My country is well known for doing things differently everywhere you go... meaning that if you will be driving down to Argentina, instead of taking a flight, they may not even look at your passport at the border (yes, I'm serious).

So, just in case, keep this information in mind and have 140 dollars handy. good.gif

Edited by Celeste & C

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.