JesWe

Notifications?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Hello All!

If I am sending my forms to the Portland, Or office, does it then get sent to a Lockbox Facility? Or does it get processed from there? How will I get notifications of the status? Does it all come in the mail? I realize I get a case number and that will be how I can look it all up, but I'm assuming that everything is done via "Snail mail" vs. electronic? I know about the G-1145, but from what I'm gathering, it's only good for 3 Lock Box facilities, so should I even bother filling that out & sending that in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

Met online: 07/2008

Trip to Germany: 06/2009

He comes to US: 11/2009

He comes to US: 05/2010

I go to Germany: 09/2011

He Proposed! 09/17/2011

I-129F received: 07/03/2012

NOA1: 07/10/12

NOA2: 09/19/12 (78 days!)

D6Tqm7.png

Hello All!

If I am sending my forms to the Portland, Or office, does it then get sent to a Lockbox Facility? Or does it get processed from there? How will I get notifications of the status? Does it all come in the mail? I realize I get a case number and that will be how I can look it all up, but I'm assuming that everything is done via "Snail mail" vs. electronic? I know about the G-1145, but from what I'm gathering, it's only good for 3 Lock Box facilities, so should I even bother filling that out & sending that in?

Any help would be greatly appreciated. :)

READ THE GUIDES. Then re-read the guides. Then read the instructions of the I-129F as you have missed a very important step here and maybe missed something else. First, you mail the I-129F to the Dallas Lock box with the filling fee, proof of meeting in the last two years, and all other forms and information asked for in the instructions. You will get notification electronically due to you filing the G-1145. Also, when you get your case number, you can go on-line and sign-up on the USCIS website and check you status--however this is not very reliable. Most official notificatons will come via US mail. Then you wait and wait and wait. I would use that time to read the guides and check on what your Embassy or Consulate requires for the next step to get ready for the beneficiary's interview.

Good luck as you are just starting out on this long journey,

Dave

Do not send your forms to a Portland office. Where did you get that information from? The instructions CLEARLY state where you are to send your petition, and it's to a lockbox in Dallas.

Hopefully you haven't sent it off yet. Re-read the instructions in case you've missed anything else.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Germany
Timeline

Thanks. I realize I sound stupid. I'm not, I promise. I'm just overwhelmed. :unsure:

“There is never a time or place for true love. It happens accidentally, in a heartbeat, in a single flashing, throbbing moment.”

Met online: 07/2008

Trip to Germany: 06/2009

He comes to US: 11/2009

He comes to US: 05/2010

I go to Germany: 09/2011

He Proposed! 09/17/2011

I-129F received: 07/03/2012

NOA1: 07/10/12

NOA2: 09/19/12 (78 days!)

D6Tqm7.png

Thanks. I realize I sound stupid. I'm not, I promise. I'm just overwhelmed. :unsure:

You don't sound stupid at all. It's overwhelming at first, but I suggest reading the guides and looking through the example forms and the flowchart and familiarize yourself with the process. Once you understand how it all works, it's MUCH less overwhelming!

Edited by Coconuts

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Argentina
Timeline

Oh no no. You don't sound stupid and we ALL understand being overwhelmed!

You just really need to take a close look at the Step by Step Guides here http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide and go with ONE thing at a time. If after reading the guides, you still have questions, please feel free to ask!

Omitting papers or sending them to the wrong place will cause you unnecessary delays and expenses... or even flat out denials.

Good luck on your journey! good.gif

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.