lovelycel26

I need some advise, my case is under 221(g)

15 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday, I know I had all the necessary papers they needed. When I had my final interview with the CO, she said she cannot issue me a visa yet, for the reason that my fiance needs to provide current sustained income...I am so devastated hearing that...II had my co-sponsor's form ready but she said they won't accept co-sponsors for K1 fiancee visa applicant in the Philippines..It was really upsetting coz I know there are some people who were approved even with a co-sponsors from here and yet here I am now on hold for the time being until my fiance n\gets a work...my question is what kind of proof should we need to send US embassy to satisfy the consul? Can anyone else here give me some advise on what I need to do? I'm so really depressed right now and my fiance as well....Please help me.......sad.gif

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

7/19/11 - NOA1 :)

8/7/11 - Touched

12/10/11 - received RFE in mail :(

12/24/11 - touched

12/27/11 - touched ( again..... )

1/3/12 - sent reply to RFE

1/6/12 - USCIS received the reply to RFE

1/24/12 - another RFE:(

1/27/12 - received RFE hardcopy

1/30/12 - sent reply to RFE

2/4/12 - my love arrived here to celebrate our birthdays together

2/8/12 - NOA2....thank you LOrd.....

4/12-13/12- my medical schedule ( thank God, I passed !!! )

5/2/2012- interview date :-)

8/22/23 - sent 221(g) docs

8/23/12 - USEM received my 221(G) docs

8/30/12 - VISA issued (yesss!!!!!)

9/5/12-Visa on hand ( yehey!!!!)

10/8/12 - flying to USA...

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

3/28/2013 - packet sent to Dallas lockbox

4/4/13- pacet received

4/23/13 - biometrics appointment...done!

Timeline

awwww so sorry to hear that.. as what I have read here, sustained income is really a must cuz the govt has to make sure that you won't become a public charge.. I have read here too (not sure) that you can use assets.. maybe you wanna take that into consideration:) anyways, good luck.. I hope all goes well for you...

event.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I had my interview yesterday, I know I had all the necessary papers they needed. When I had my final interview with the CO, she said she cannot issue me a visa yet, for the reason that my fiance needs to provide current sustained income...I am so devastated hearing that...II had my co-sponsor's form ready but she said they won't accept co-sponsors for K1 fiancee visa applicant in the Philippines..It was really upsetting coz I know there are some people who were approved even with a co-sponsors from here and yet here I am now on hold for the time being until my fiance n\gets a work...my question is what kind of proof should we need to send US embassy to satisfy the consul? Can anyone else here give me some advise on what I need to do? I'm so really depressed right now and my fiance as well....Please help me.......sad.gif

Start sending your fiancee pay-stubs to the consul every month, and follow up with a phone call or email. His pay-stubs must show at minimum $370 per week or $1577 per month gross pay. (assuming a family of 2). Keep doing this until they are satisfied, and don't miss a mailing or follow-up.

Timeline

so you mean, it would take for like 4-6 months of pay stubs?

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

8/7/11 - Touched

12/24/11 - touched

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

4/4/13- pacet received

Timeline

sis,im also under 221g ..i have no lacking docu ,i've heard lots of people from k1 visa have co-sponsors... let your fiance send an appeal sa usem..do everything sis while it's still early...

Febuary 13 - Sent I-129f

Febuary 17 - NOA1

March 15 - RFE

March 16 - Replied RFE

March 21 - NOA2

March 26 - NVC received

March 26 - Got MNL case #

March 26 - Received NOA2 hard copy

March 26 - Paid BPI $350

April 17 - Medical( St. Lukes)

April 24 - Interview (Administrative Review 221g

May 15 - received text from to go that visa is ready for pick up!! (OMG! finally!!)

THANK YOU LORD FOR ALL THE BLESSINGS...

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I do not know what it was he provided. Does he have a job?

Philippines will sometimes accept co-sponsors for K-1s IF they are a close family member. That is another option. Get a new co-sponsor that is a family memeber of your fiance...parents or siblings.

Another option is to get married and file for a CR-1 which DOES allow co-sponsors.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Sometimes the U.S. Embassy Manila allows cosponsors for K-1ers and sometimes they don't.

> A Pinoy friend of mine was about $5000 under 125% of the poverty line, but his Filipina fiancée still got her K-1 visa. At her interview, the consular officer gave her an MNL-IV-22 (221g) because of his lack of sufficient income.

About one week after her interview, he sent her both an I-129 and an I-864 from his cosponsor. He also sent the the cosponsor's supporting documentation for those forms. She submitted them to the Embassy and she received her visa a week ot two later.

He is a Pinoy who is in his mid-twenties, was born and raised in the Philippines, and is now a U.S. citizen who is living in the U.S. His cosponsor is his brother. He was not a student at the time and he is not a college graduate. He was living at home with his mother (in the U.S.).

> I also know a Pinoy guy who is in his mid-twenties and who went to his K-1 interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila and was approved despite the fact that his Pinay petitioner lived at home with her parents, was a college student, had no job, and had no income whatsoever. He was a college graduate.

The Filipino pre-screener told him that the Embassy didn't allow cosponsors for K-1ers. However, the consular officer accepted the cosponsor (her parents) and he received his visa a week later.

When your petitioner gets a job, you can submit one or two of his paycheck stubs and a letter from his employer. From what I've read here on VJ, that should be enough for the U.S. Embassy Manila.

I know a friend that is in the same situation as you.She was interviewed last January and they got co sponsors also which are her fiances parents.But they got denied still for the reason that her fiance(which is the sponsor) doesn't have a job and on his early 30's.They both are Filipinos's btw.The CO declared her as a liability and a public charge.What they did was that they filed for an appeal.Her fiance looked for a job asap and got 2 jobs.Her fiance kept sending his pay stubs and letter of employment to the embassy(Take note that they got denied twice while doing this).But they kept appealing and sent paystubs after paystubs.Maybe the CO eventually got convinced and got satisfied with the "currently employed" evidence so they issued her her visa last April and now my friend is here :yes:

Hope everything will be okay in your case.Don't lose hope.God Bless. :) :) :)

Edited by YJPlove

NATURALIZATION

GC-Date: 08-03-2012

Sent: 05-07-2015
Cashd: 05-13-2015
NOA: 05-12-2015

Fprints: 06-01-2015
In Line: 07-06-2015
Int Ltr: 08-17-2015
Intview: 09-16-2015
Oath: 09-16-2015
Field Office: Newark, NJ

Timeline

Sometimes the U.S. Embassy Manila allows cosponsors for K-1ers and sometimes they don't.

> A Pinoy friend of mine was about $5000 under 125% of the poverty line, but his Filipina fiancée still got her K-1 visa. At her interview, the consular officer gave her an MNL-IV-22 (221g) because of his lack of sufficient income.

About one week after her interview, he sent her both an I-129 and an I-864 from his cosponsor. He also sent the the cosponsor's supporting documentation for those forms. She submitted them to the Embassy and she received her visa a week ot two later.

He is a Pinoy who is in his mid-twenties, was born and raised in the Philippines, and is now a U.S. citizen who is living in the U.S. His cosponsor is his brother. He was not a student at the time and he is not a college graduate. He was living at home with his mother (in the U.S.).

> I also know a Pinoy guy who is in his mid-twenties and who went to his K-1 interview at the U.S. Embassy Manila and was approved despite the fact that his Pinay petitioner lived at home with her parents, was a college student, had no job, and had no income whatsoever. He was a college graduate.

The Filipino pre-screener told him that the Embassy didn't allow cosponsors for K-1ers. However, the consular officer accepted the cosponsor (her parents) and he received his visa a week later.

hi Tahoma...I have his stepdad's I-134 together with the ITR for 2010 & 2011, do you think it will do good considering the CO didnt accept that during my interview? and the I-129F, you mean copy of that oine we sent to USCIS?

Gary and Allah, my fiance is currently out of work right now and is still looking for job..our co-sponsor is his stepdad....

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

8/7/11 - Touched

12/24/11 - touched

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

4/4/13- pacet received

About one week after her interview, he sent her both an I-129 I-134 and an I-864 from his cosponsor.

^^^ Oops...I meant to say I-134...not I-129.

hi Tahoma...I have his stepdad's I-134 together with the ITR for 2010 & 2011, do you think it will do good considering the CO didnt accept that during my interview? and the I-129F, you mean copy of that oine we sent to USCIS?

Gary and Allah, my fiance is currently out of work right now and is still looking for job..our co-sponsor is his stepdad....

You can try to submit the stepdad's I-134 and I-864, along with his income tax returns, W-2's, recent paycheck stubs, and employer's letter. You also might want to submit letters from both your fiancé and his stepdad which explain how they plan to support you so that you don't become a public charge in the U.S.

If you don't have any luck, then your fiancé will need to get a job which puts him over 125% of the poverty line, and he can submit his paycheck stubs to the Embassy.

If that fails, then you can always get married in 'Pinas and then file for a spousal visa (CR-1 visa).

Timeline

^^^ Oops...I meant to say I-134...not I-129.

You can try to submit the stepdad's I-134 and I-864, along with his income tax returns, W-2's, recent paycheck stubs, and employer's letter. You also might want to submit letters from both your fiancé and his stepdad which explain how they plan to support you so that you don't become a public charge in the U.S.

If you don't have any luck, then your fiancé will need to get a job which puts him over 125% of the poverty line, and he can submit his paycheck stubs to the Embassy.

If that fails, then you can always get married in 'Pinas and then file for a spousal visa (CR-1 visa).

Hi...I only have his stepdad's I-134 and ITR for 2010 & 2011, no paystubs though coz he is already retired, i tried him to fill in the I-864 but he don't want to because he do not want to expose whatever assets they'v got.sad.gif, thanks for the advice, I will try to tell my fiance about the letter and see what we can do about that

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

8/7/11 - Touched

12/24/11 - touched

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

4/4/13- pacet received

• 5 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
Timeline

Just wondering if u have ur visa approved yet.

Yeah..just got my visa last week only Sept. 5. CO issued my visa Aug. 30 a week after I sent them my fiance's employment letter and pay stubs...thanks for all your replies....

7/14/11 - I-129F sent

8/7/11 - Touched

12/24/11 - touched

AOS / EAD APPLICATION

4/4/13- pacet received

• 1 month later...
Timeline

Yeah..just got my visa last week only Sept. 5. CO issued my visa Aug. 30 a week after I sent them my fiance's employment letter and pay stubs...thanks for all your replies....

i was just wondering how much your fiancee make a month in his job how many payslips u send, and what is indicated in his employment letter,... sorry if it's too personal, it's just that i'm afraid our 2011 tax return is below poverty guideline.

06/25/2008 : Met for the first time

07/25/2011 : Met for the 2nd time, HE PROPOSED!

04/06/2012 : Sent I29-F Package

04/09/2012 : NOA1 received

10/03/2012 : NOA2 (no RFE)

11/15/2012 : Med Exam @ St.Lukes (scar found on xray film)

11/19/2012 : start of my 3-day sputum exam

11/21/2012 : 3 smear result is negative but have to wait 2 months for culture and sensitivity test result

01/21/2013 : PASSED the med exam! smile.png

01/28/2013 : Interview at USEM(7:30AM)-- APPROVED

02/02/2013 : Visa on Hand

02/25/2013 : USA entry

03/12/2013 : Got Married, got SSN after 4 days

04/08/2013 : Filed/sent AOS, EAD, AP

04/22/2013 : NOA1 letter received with biometrics appontment

05/15/2013 : biometrics

06/25/2013 : received the EAD/AP combo card

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.