36 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

If I read your post correctly, you've had no direct communication with the Consulate regarding wanting you to return -- only what your fiancee has relayed to you.

If that's the case, the FIRST thing you need to do (and should have done already) is contact the Consulate (call or email) and find out what THEY say regarding wanting you to come back.

Moscow is generally a fairly easy consulate and in almost a decade of following the activity of the Moscow consulate I've never heard of them requesting the US citizen to come in for an interview for a K-1.

?... And... Maybe the CO that she spoke to will be available and you could ask him/her personally if there is anyway around it, just tell him/her the issue about vacation time as well as financial constraints.... I think it could not hurt to call.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

We can't think of anything, other than the fact that my fiancee has a daughter attending school over here on a student visa. All legit! I figured maybe they are just using the request for additional photos of me with her family to buy time going over my I-134. At the interview, they said all the information and documents were good...just want more photos (not of me and her...but of me and her family!) Well, they got what we could manage to print out at the hotel, the following day.

Approx 15 more.

And AFTER getting those they asked for you to come, right?

There is something else. Many people get through Moscow, most, showing a few photos and they flip through the I-134 evidence. They need about 3 minutes to study it, maybe 7 minutes if it is real complicated. Usually they do no teven study it. They usually do not care if the spouse/fiancee even has a family. Moscow is generally an easy consulate. They will rarely ask for additional evidence of relationship, but they have, that in itself is not so unusual. Specifically asking for photos of you with the family is extremely rare. Usually they make a decision right away when it is presented. You can go to the consulate reviews for Moscow and read them.

I cannot tell you what it is, you may not even be able to guess. We had one member whose visa was delayed for months, then denied and when they reapplied they later found out that the ex-wife of the Russian beneficiary was applying for a K-1 visa at the same time! Neither of them knew it. Weird stuff happens. The daughter attending school here is a potential problem. What is the timeline of that? When did her daughter come here for school? When did your fiancee meet you? When did you file the petition?

The advice to call the consulate yourself is very good.

As mentioned, consulates cannot order you to do anything. It is kind of like when your mother tells you..."It would be nice if you could clean your room today" It means "CLEAN YOUR ROOM TODAY" If they want you there, and you do not come, you do not get the visa. And, I assure you, it will look like it is your fault.

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Regarding her daughter, she's a good kid...and believe me, if I ever suspected any shenanigans, I would personally bounce her home so fast, her feet wouldn't touch the ground!

I shall try to remain focused on the topic at hand

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

I would agree with most that the Moscow embassy is usually easy for K-1. First thing I would do is e-mail them and ask for some clarification and more details. I believe calling is just going to be a waste of the money you will be charged for the phone call.

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

I would agree with most that the Moscow embassy is usually easy for K-1. First thing I would do is e-mail them and ask for some clarification and more details. I believe calling is just going to be a waste of the money you will be charged for the phone call.

Moscow was never easy embassy, if you never had to deal with except for your own easy case, stay away from this sentence. They never had any information about administrative processing on the site. Few days ago they changed rules and instead of not giving permit for someone to visit interview together now asking to better get petitioners for interview. They almost never answer emails. Administrative processing is a very common thing in Moscow embassy.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Russia
Timeline

Few days ago they changed rules and instead of not giving permit for someone to visit interview together now asking to better get petitioners for interview.

How do you know that? Did they publish new rules anywhere?

I don't see any changes on the Moscow's Embassy site. It still says:

Please Note: The American Citizen petitioner may not attend the interview with his or her fiancé(e).

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Call the consulate like NOW or Monday at least

Moscow was never easy embassy, if you never had to deal with except for your own easy case, stay away from this sentence. They never had any information about administrative processing on the site. Few days ago they changed rules and instead of not giving permit for someone to visit interview together now asking to better get petitioners for interview. They almost never answer emails. Administrative processing is a very common thing in Moscow embassy.

They've answered my emails very quickly and well. It's not that difficult, but at least they DID ask me to come to the interview also (different visa though).

Timeline

Call the consulate like NOW or Monday at least

They've answered my emails very quickly and well. It's not that difficult, but at least they DID ask me to come to the interview also (different visa though).

Yeah, I've always received a response from them in about 2-3 days (just like it says).....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Russia
Timeline

Moscow was never easy embassy........................................They almost never answer emails. Administrative processing is a very common thing in Moscow embassy.

You say this based on what experience?

If at first you don't succeed, then sky diving is not for you.

Someone stole my dictionary. Now I am at a loss for words.

If Apple made a car, would it have windows?

Ban shredded cheese. Make America Grate Again .

Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.  Deport him and you never have to feed him again.

I started out with nothing, and I still have most of it.

I went bald but I kept my comb.  I just couldn't part with it.

My name is not Richard Edward but my friends still call me DickEd

If your pet has a bladder infection, urine trouble.

"Watch out where the huskies go, and don't you eat that yellow snow."

I fired myself from cleaning the house. I didn't like my attitude and I got caught drinking on the job.

My kid has A.D.D... and a couple of F's

Carrots improve your vision.  Alcohol doubles it.

A dung beetle walks into a bar and asks " Is this stool taken?"

Breaking news.  They're not making yardsticks any longer.

Hemorrhoids?  Shouldn't they be called Assteroids?

If life gives you melons, you might be dyslexic.

If you suck at playing the trumpet, that may be why.

Dogs can't take MRI's but Cat scan.

Timeline

If I read your post correctly, you've had no direct communication with the Consulate regarding wanting you to return -- only what your fiancee has relayed to you.

If that's the case, the FIRST thing you need to do (and should have done already) is contact the Consulate (call or email) and find out what THEY say regarding wanting you to come back.

Moscow is generally a fairly easy consulate and in almost a decade of following the activity of the Moscow consulate I've never heard of them requesting the US citizen to come in for an interview for a K-1.

You're correct. All information has been relayed to me. Yeah, been thinking about doing that....contacting the embassy. But finacee asked them to contact ME a few days ago, while on the phone with them (they called her).........and they said not necessary. You know, outside after the interview, she told me they approved all the other women/men in the K-1 section...just not her. I'm wondering if we have a "quota" situation going on here. After all, if they realy want to get down to cases, they could send everyone into a 221g for any particular reason...whatever strikes their fancy. I work within a heavily regulated industry. Therefore, I'm very adapt at filling out government forms and documents...no problem there. As per the CO, everything was good. Just wanted additional photos. Well, they got them.

Guess we'll just have to sit it out, and let it run it's course. I'll reiterate again; I know the CO has one helluva tough job, and it's a very serious responsibility. If we have to endure some additional scrutiny...so be it. Everything about us is legit. If they deny the visa because they simply arent satisfied with the additional photos we submitted....then we're back to square one. Yes, it's damn tough....but the stress is really taking it's toll on her, physically and emotionally....and that's where it's kicking me, right in the gut.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Romania
Timeline

How do you know that? Did they publish new rules anywhere?

I don't see any changes on the Moscow's Embassy site. It still says:

Please Note: The American Citizen petitioner may not attend the interview with his or her fiancé(e).

Watch http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-faq.html

13. Can my fiancé(e)/spouse/relative petitioner come with me to the interview?

Yes. We especially encourage petitioners who have filed for spouses or fiancé(e)s to appear at the interview. Aside from petitioners, however, no one may accompany adult applicants into the Embassy's visa waiting room.

Timeline

And AFTER getting those they asked for you to come, right?

There is something else. Many people get through Moscow, most, showing a few photos and they flip through the I-134 evidence. They need about 3 minutes to study it, maybe 7 minutes if it is real complicated. Usually they do no teven study it. They usually do not care if the spouse/fiancee even has a family. Moscow is generally an easy consulate. They will rarely ask for additional evidence of relationship, but they have, that in itself is not so unusual. Specifically asking for photos of you with the family is extremely rare. Usually they make a decision right away when it is presented. You can go to the consulate reviews for Moscow and read them.

I cannot tell you what it is, you may not even be able to guess. We had one member whose visa was delayed for months, then denied and when they reapplied they later found out that the ex-wife of the Russian beneficiary was applying for a K-1 visa at the same time! Neither of them knew it. Weird stuff happens. The daughter attending school here is a potential problem. What is the timeline of that? When did her daughter come here for school? When did your fiancee meet you? When did you file the petition?

The advice to call the consulate yourself is very good.

As mentioned, consulates cannot order you to do anything. It is kind of like when your mother tells you..."It would be nice if you could clean your room today" It means "CLEAN YOUR ROOM TODAY" If they want you there, and you do not come, you do not get the visa. And, I assure you, it will look like it is your fault.

Yes, we dropped the photos at the embassy the following afternoon. We both returned home the next day. During the interview, the CO told her to go home, and send the photos via Pony Express. Well, I had my computer there with me, so we printed out as many photos possible..and dropped them at the north gate, as per instructions on the 221g

It was this last Tuesday that the Embassy called her, and informed her that the CO had received the photos, and asked if we could meet with him. I know they were very busy that day we were there...hundreds of people waiting for interviews, mostly students. She made it clear that I was outside waiting during the interview.

Timeline

Watch http://moscow.usembassy.gov/iv-faq.html

13. Can my fiancé(e)/spouse/relative petitioner come with me to the interview?

Yes. We especially encourage petitioners who have filed for spouses or fiancé(e)s to appear at the interview. Aside from petitioners, however, no one may accompany adult applicants into the Embassy's visa waiting room.

You know, my fiancee has been really good at keeping up on things at the embassy site. She mentioned something about this to me, and I told her...no, I am not authorized to attend the interview. But you make sure the CO knows I am outside waiting in case he/she wants to address any concerns. I made that very clear.

Well, now I see that it is okay for the petitioner to attend, even encouraged! So, why was no effort made to come out and get me?????

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.