Saylin

NVC Filers - May 2012

2,517 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

Visa in hand!!! Picked up passport from DHL Markham Brunch at 10.00am.POE on May 27th,here I come :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance: :dance:

My passport was picked up from Montreal consulate yesterday and it takes over night to come to Toronto.Wow!!! :star: :star:

DHL Rocks.

Please don't open that sealed packet, though...

You packed already? headed south ? :D

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

Please I need help. We just got this from NVC and I don't know what exactly they want. we sent the IV package on the 21st and today 25th, they sent this letter. Please help me

[/font]

This is a false checkliar letter, they not have the DS-230 set in the casefile yet.

You probably sent off what you could,

and if you are in 'go fast ' mode, following LingChe's shortcuts here on the wiki,

you most likely just sent off the AOS packet.

That letter you received via email, though, is a great indication that the AOS document set was added to the casefile - ya not get one of those until it has been added.

Good Luck with the rest of it !

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Timeline

A quick question out of curiosity: When you were done with the interview, I guess you were directed to arrange for delivery with DHL.

My question is: At some point do you get some soar of DHL tracking number so that you can trace the location of your passport? and when does this occur?

Thanks!

This actually varies by country for usage, for which carrier to use.

Manila uses 2Go, China uses EMS, Canada uses DHL, and I think Pakistan has something with AmericanExpress ..

so

find out which is used for Columbia; regardless of which it is - a TRACKING NUMBER usually is in play- one can know the # on interview day, cause one fills out the form with the IV unit.

Usually.

GOod Luck !

Timeline

I saw the topic here for K-1 visa but I tried the link anyways and they have the options fOr IR-5 visa as well which really surprised me and at the last step, it shows the dates available to set an interview. I wanted to select one but I'm unsure. One vjer said that it also applies for IR-5 and that's it. Tried to know if he know someone did it but no reply. I did ask NVC about it but they dont know.

If you can see it for IR-5, then select it already already.

At some point, yer parent needs the MNL casefile # for the medical appointment - IMO that's a big hurdle.

Good Luck !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

LOL!!! I'm SO glad I wasn't drinking anything when I read this, or it would have gone all over my computer :P:rofl:

Hey! It might sound funny but I read once someone here on VJ asking "What Should I do now that I have opened the yellow sealed envelope? Am I in trouble?" ... LOL! I think it was someone from Peru or something like that ... :rofl:

This actually varies by country for usage, for which carrier to use.

Manila uses 2Go, China uses EMS, Canada uses DHL, and I think Pakistan has something with AmericanExpress ..

so

find out which is used for Columbia; regardless of which it is - a TRACKING NUMBER usually is in play- one can know the # on interview day, cause one fills out the form with the IV unit.

Usually.

GOod Luck !

Thanks for the guidance Darnell. We do use DHL in Colombia :thumbs:

Citizenship

6/24/2016: Mailed N-400 package via USPS from Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan

7/11/2016: Received NOA1 dated 7/5/2016

11/3/2016: Received email from USCIS-Seoul Office with Naturalization appt set for 11/30/2016

11/30/2016: Naturalization Interview on Naval Base Yokosuka, Japan. N-400 Approved

12/1/2016: Naturalization Ceremony

Timeline

Hi Saylin

If you do it all online, do the beneficiary or petitioner need to sign any forms or send a form by mail throughout the NVC process?

Called NVC today, case not receive yet.

alas, all online is only for Electronic Filing Casefile types.

Casefiles headed to Manila IV Unit are not part of the EP country list, as of yesterday, but

there are other things one can do electronically:

1. USCItizen Petitioner gives the email addresses via a phone call to NVC, so most correspondence FROM NVC is sent electronically to the Petitioner and the Beneficiary/Visa Applicant.

2. DS-3032 form DATA can be emailed in to NVC (study post #1, find the link for the DS-3032 Email template in the wiki, and go forth)

3. USCitizen can sign up to pay Fee Bills online, so is some electronic payment intake (always a plus, as it speeds things along)

The rest of it, though, the document sets (AOS and IV) must be sent in , paper files into NVC, via some shipping method.

If you are recently approved at USCIS, please start gathering yer civil documents for the DS-230 and get them and a signed DS-230 to yer USCitizen Spouse, as it will save time when it's time to send in the DS-230/IV packet into NVC.

Good Luck !!

If none of that made sense, then please study the first post in this topic, clicking through all of the links, and studying the CONTENT of each link. There's important stuff there, it'd be a shame if you missed it .

Timeline

Aaaarrrrgggggghhhhhh!!!

Got a checklist - and not a false one. It's for my original marriage certificate which I knew might be an issue because I sent the package without the original explaining our situation. I have since sent the original and it should get there in the next few days but I didnt put the barcoded cover sheet with it. I did write a cover letter with all our details including case number, will it still get to where it's going?

Also, I got a checklist for the original copy of my divorce decree, but I already sent that? What does this mean? They don't think it's original?

I am on hold to NVC now. So upset. Could have had case closed today!!!

What you sent AFTER the first submittal will get to the casefile, eventually.

Mailroom Intake, Mailroom OPS, Mailroom routing is SLOW at NVC - expect a week before it's routed to the IV section (those handling the DS-230 set)

It's good you included the casefile # in a coverletter - that helps, loads.

Good Luck ! I expect it'll be in the casefile by Friday next week, at the earliest.

Spoke to Riley :unsure: She told me marriage certificate will get there ok without the barcoded coversheet so long as all the information was included in my hand written coversheet (which it was). I told her the divorce decree WAS the original and she checked some things and then logged a review because it appeared I sent what was needed. Has anyone experienced this? Is this going to significantly delay my case? Should I just get another original divorce decree and send it in ASAP?

Please help.

Thanks sheeska!

Much appreciate sound advice.

Getting a Review requested and then finished up takes about 4 business days, currently.

Visa in hand...they REALLY don't want you to open the yellow envelope LOL. There's a stamp on one side that says "do not open", they've taped the seam and ink stamped it twice (and signed the stamps), and then on the other side they've got a big white piece of paper that says "do not open." Yeah, I'm going to go ahead and leave it alone :thumbs:

Good. Don't open it, or yer banned from getting poutine, for the rest of yer life. I swear, it's true.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Hey! It might sound funny but I read once someone here on VJ asking "What Should I do now that I have opened the yellow sealed envelope? Am I in trouble?" ... LOL! I think it was someone from Peru or something like that ... :rofl:

Bahahaha...I remember seeing something like that too! After seeing my sealed envelope I'm like...WHAAAA?! :P

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

Timeline

yes, mine too. my husband called yesterday and our case is not yet with NVC..we got approved may 15, 2012...looks like my son will be really late for the opening of school in the US.

school opens in late august or early september.

IMO, if your husband can follow LingChe's NVC shortcuts (please review post #1, the link is there)

then the interview can occur about the first week in August. Plenty of time to jump on a plane and handle the intake for school.

The husband can also get with the school NOW before they close, let them know the son is headed their way, do some other intake paperwork NOW to secure his spot.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Good. Don't open it, or yer banned from getting poutine, for the rest of yer life. I swear, it's true.

WHAAAT?! No poutine for life if the packet gets opened by me!?! :P Wow. I could live with that (my waistline hates me lately), but Trav may get upset without poutine.... :blush:

USCIS (192 days, August 24 2011 to March 2 2012. No RFE's).
NVC (30 days, March 12 to April 11. Case expedited due to NVC errors).

Montreal US Consulate, awaiting interview date (14 days, April 12 to April 26).

05/09/2012 - medical in Toronto - passed!
05/22/2012 - interview - passed!
05/25/2012 - visa in hand!!! biggrin.png
06/09/2012 - POE @ YWG (Winnipeg Int'l Airport)

Removal of Conditions submitted March 24, 2014, received March 26, 2014

"RFE" for page 3 of application received, date March 27, 2014. Package re-submitted with all papers re-attached.

04/07/2014 - NOA1 Date

05/07/2014 - Biometrics in Charlotte, NC

11/05/2014 - APPROVED! Citizenship in 5 months!

11/10/2014 - NOA2 in hand.

11/20/2014 - 10 yr GC in hand! :D

I saw the topic here for K-1 visa but I tried the link anyways and they have the options fOr IR-5 visa as well which really surprised me and at the last step, it shows the dates available to set an interview. I wanted to select one but I'm unsure. One vjer said that it also applies for IR-5 and that's it. Tried to know if he know someone did it but no reply. I did ask NVC about it but they dont know.

As far as I know, only K-1 visa filers and those who filed through DCF are able to schedule their interviews themselves. I don't have a clue about IR-5, but if IR-5 can be filed DCF, that may be the reason why an option for IR-5 is available.

USCIS

10/01/11 - Filed (2) I-130's

10/04/11 - NOA-1

04/05/12 - NOA-2

Your I-130 was approved in 184 days from your NOA1 date.

NVC

04/23/12 - NVC received both cases (18 days/12 business days from NOA-2)

05/07/12 - Case numbers and IIN's (14 days/10 business days since NVC received)

05/07/12 - Sent out DS-3032 by email; auto-response received

05/08/12 - AOS fee invoiced, paid - "IN PROCESS"

05/09/12 - AOS fee shows as "PAID"

05/10/12 - Spouse's DS-3032 accepted; minor child's rejected = had petitioner call NVC = received verbal acceptance from operator

05/11/12 - Spouse's IV fee invoiced

05/14/12 - Daughter's IV fee invoiced, paid both IV fees - "IN PROCESS"

05/15/12 - Both IV fees show as "PAID"

05/16/12 - Sent both AOS and both IV packages to NVC via USPS (expected delivery: 05/19/12)

05/21/12 - All 4 packages delivered

05/30/12 - Received checklist for daughter's AOS

05/31/12 - Sent response to checklist via USPS (expected delivery: 06/01/12); Spouse's case completed

06/07/12 - Daughter's case completed; waiting for interview date

06/14/12 - P4 received: interview date 07/11/12

Embassy

07/04-05/12 - Medical at SLEC

07/11/12 - Interview: APPROVED!

07/14/12 - Visas on hand

POE: 10/17/12

GC's on hand: 10/31/12

Hi Saylin,

Do the AOS and IV package go to different addresses at NVC?

If AOS and IV packages are sent together then what address should it go to?

If sent the packages separately then what address?

thanks.

Yes, I believe they both go to a different addresses. The address for each is on their respective bar-coded cover sheets from the payment portal.

If you send them together, then just use one of their addresses.

Timeline

Just a quick question, we already received IV bill for my case but my son doesn't have a case number yet...AOS bill is already PAID...when hubby called NVC, they said my son's case was receive but not yet uploaded in their system reason why there's no case number yet....Can we pay my IV bill or better to wait for my son's IV bill ? Thanks in advance... (L)

dreck.

time to slow down a bit. Don't pay anything else till the two casefiles are joined up.

you want the casefiles to be joined up at NVC.

Have yer USCitizen Spouse call in to NVC, and ask for 'AOS FEE BILL' on the son's casefile.

Keep asking for that, until it arrives in his email inbox. Call every two days until it shows up. Don't pay it, but then..

call into NVC again, ask for the casefiles to be joined up.

Once they are joined up - the son's AOS fee bill is waived (yer USCitizen Spouse will see that in the online payment portal, after the casefiles are joined up)

and at some point , get the DS-3032 for the son into NVC.

WHEN the son's IV fee bill shows up, pay both IV fee bills, as by then - the casefiles are joined up.

Why is this important? You want the casefiles to be joined up, as

--the son's AOS fee bill is waived and

--you two get the same interview day - which is really important.

Good Luck !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

I was wondering if getting my marriage certificate lamented is allowed? Its already getting worned and I worry about it when I have to send off to NVC. Anyone ever did this or is it a big no no?

Case Complete to Interview spreadsheet

From now on your VJ Member name will be verified. If the name you put on form to be added to spreadsheet comes up not found, you will not be added to the spreadsheet. If you don't have a timeline you will not be added to the spreadsheet.

Please Please put your VJ member name only. Not nicknames or real names whatever your VJ name is. It's below your profile picture!!

Come join the current Interview thread: 

DQ-to-Interview-2023-all-countries

Case Complete to Interview Spreadsheet
Case Complete to Interview Form

ROC I-751
5/21/2018: Filed i751 ROC
6/12/2018: NOA1 Date
3/5/2019: Biometrics Appt
12/28/2019: 18 month Extension has expired
1/9/2020: InfoPass Appt to get stamp in Passport
2/27/2020: Combo Interview (ROC and Citizenship)
3/31/2020: submitted service request for being pass normal processing time
4/7/2020: Card being produced
4/8/2020: Approved
4/10/2020: Card mailed
4/15/2020: 10 year green card received

N-400
5/21/2019: Filed Online
5/21/2019: NOA1 Date
6/13/2019: Biometrics Appt
2/27/2020: Citizenship Interview
4/7/2020: In queue for Oath Ceremony to be scheduled
6/19/2020: Notice Oath Ceremony scheduled
7/8/2020: Oath Ceremony (Houston)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.