IsmoBem

Medical exam Question

11 posts in this topic

Hi VJ, :) I would want to ask when should we do the Medical Exam. Is it before or after we receive the NOA2? :blush: When do we get the instructions regarding bio-metrics and medical exams. Thanks.

Bem

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.]1st Cor 13: 4-7

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Never ever get an immigration medical before the NOA2.

Philippines has certain things they do that no other countrys do - I will move your post from the K-1 forums to the Regional so you get proper information.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi VJ, :) I would want to ask when should we do the Medical Exam. Is it before or after we receive the NOA2? :blush: When do we get the instructions regarding bio-metrics and medical exams. Thanks.

Bem

You can't do it before the NOA2. You need to get the MNL # from NVC after receiving your NOA2. Once you have the MNL #, have your fiancee pay the VISA fee and then schedule the interview. When you schedule the interview, then ou should get a generated e-mail from the Embassy for the appointmet to the e-mail address you provided while scheduling the interview. In the event that you don't get the generated e-mail. If she doesn't have the e-mail from the Embassym then if ou have a copy of the letter from the NVC assigning the MNL number, along with her VISA and other requirement needed for Saint Lukes, then she should also be okay to gain entry into Saint Lukes for her medical exam. See link below. I will schedule my fiancee's online after she pays her VISA fee and scans/sends me her receipt. Having a photocopy of her passport will also help in setting up the online appointment. You can call for the interview appointment and they will ask you petitioner/beneficiary information, MNL #, etc.... Once you get your date and the letter, then I would have your fiancee do the Saint Lukes medical at least one week before the interview date. Biometrics such as finger printing your finacee are done when she goes for the interview at the Embassy.

http://www.slec.ph/us-visa-applicants.shtml#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

Edited by RickJovi

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

:thumbs:

Yup.... need to have the MNL # and get your interview scheduled, you can print the confirmation page from scheduling online for St. Luke's also. But St. Luke's will ask for confirmation of the interview at the embassy.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

You can't do it before the NOA2. You need to get the MNL # from NVC after receiving your NOA2. Once you have the MNL #, have your fiancee pay the VISA fee and then schedule the interview. When you schedule the interview, then ou should get a generated e-mail from the Embassy for the appointmet to the e-mail address you provided while scheduling the interview. In the event that you don't get the generated e-mail. If she doesn't have the e-mail from the Embassym then if ou have a copy of the letter from the NVC assigning the MNL number, along with her VISA and other requirement needed for Saint Lukes, then she should also be okay to gain entry into Saint Lukes for her medical exam. See link below. I will schedule my fiancee's online after she pays her VISA fee and scans/sends me her receipt. Having a photocopy of her passport will also help in setting up the online appointment. You can call for the interview appointment and they will ask you petitioner/beneficiary information, MNL #, etc.... Once you get your date and the letter, then I would have your fiancee do the Saint Lukes medical at least one week before the interview date. Biometrics such as finger printing your finacee are done when she goes for the interview at the Embassy.

http://www.slec.ph/u...l#required-docs

http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

:thumbs:

Yup.... need to have the MNL # and get your interview scheduled, you can print the confirmation page from scheduling online for St. Luke's also. But St. Luke's will ask for confirmation of the interview at the embassy.

For the two above posters, the OP is applying for an IR-1/CR-1 visa, not a K-1 like yourselves. It's a completely different process. Before answering questions, make sure you're answering in relation to the OP's visa.

Bem

You have to wait until you get the first letter from NVC with your case number on it. Then you can get your medical done at St Luke's.

You don't receive instructions on this. NVC never sends instructions about the medical. You can get it yourself here: http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigrants/info/info_3739.html (Choose Philippines from the drop-down).

I "hate" when I miss they are IR-1/CR-1...... :blush:

My opps!

laughing.gif That's why I always double-check what visa the OP is applying for before posting replies to a thread, just to make sure what I'm saying is actually valid.

Timeline

Hi, i have few questions to ask.. :)

1. Are we already eligible for scheduling the Interview once we have our MNL #?

2. Payment must be done first through BPI before scheduling the Interview? (can we just pay anytime once we already have our MNL# or do we have to let the US embassy in Manila know that we're paying? :D )

3. Do we need to schedule for Medical once we have our Interview date, or it's just a walk-in process?

sorry if these questions are answerable to some, but I'm quite confused:) Thanks :)

Edited by steffbry

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hi, i have few questions to ask.. :)

1. Are we already eligible for scheduling the Interview once we have our MNL #? YES

2. Payment must be done first through BPI before scheduling the Interview? (can we just pay anytime once we already have our MNL# or do we have to let the US embassy in Manila know that we're paying? :D ) YES, now that you have the MNL # head over to BPI with your passport and pay the (new reduced) fee, then wait about a day then go online and schedule the interview

http://www.ustraveldocs.com/ph/ Remember when entering your passport number (which is the receipt number also) to include the XX in front of the numbers. Print a copy (or two) of the confirmation page.

3. Do we need to schedule for Medical once we have our Interview date, or it's just a walk-in process? Walk in, you can register online though and this will save time when you get there. Bring a copy of the confirmation page when you scheduled your interview.

http://www.slec.ph/u...#required-exams http://www.slec.ph/us/registration/

The you will still need to get the CFO completed before flying.

http://www.cfo.gov.p...onals&catid=140

sorry if these questions are answerable to some, but I'm quite confused:) Thanks :)

Edited by Hank_Amy

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thank you Hank_Amy! :)

Can't wait to spend the rest of my life with you..

K1 Visa Process

10/10/2011 - I-129F Sent

10/25/2011 - NOA1

04/18/2012 - NOA2 :)

05/16/2012 - Medical Done

05/30/2012 - Interview - Visa Approved!

06/09/2012 - Visa on Hand

06/28/2012 - POE (D.C)

AOS Process

08/17/2012 - I-485 and I-765 Sent

08/23/2012 - NOA1 (I485 and I-765)

08/24/2012 - Cash Checked

09/10/2012 - Biometrics Done

10/22/2012 - EAD Approved

10/29/2012 - EAD Card Received

Thanks guys for ur respone. :) Lucky to be on VJ :thumbs:

Love is patient, love is kind. It does not envy, it does not boast, it is not proud. It does not dishonor others, it is not self-seeking, it is not easily angered, it keeps no record of wrongs. Love does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.]1st Cor 13: 4-7

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.