sexypinkie

Solution- How to get my fiance over to America with the K1 Visa

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

You can file the I129f, fiance visa. You have to have met at least once in person in the 2 years Before you file. Good luck.

08/01/12-Married08/17/12-Applied for Social Security Card09/23/12-Husband received his Social Security card!09/27/12-Filed AOS09/28/12-AOS package received10/01/12-Text message from USCIS10/03/12-Check cashed10/09/12-NOA1 for I485,I765,I131 AND Biometrics Appointment Letter10/24/12-Biometrics Appointment12/11/12-EAD and AP Approved-75 days12/14/12-EAD/AP Card Production ordered12/21/12-EAD/AP Card came in the mail06/22/13-Green Card Approved06/27/13-Greed Card Production Ordered06/29/13-Green Card came in the mail<p>

04/09/15-Mailed ROC

04/10/2015-Package received

04/14/2015-Check cashed

06/02/2015-Called Service Center (still no NOA1) Service request found out wrong address on paperwork! :(

06/03/2015-Called to get address updated Ar11 online add change didnt work-got infopass for June 10th

06/10/2015-Went to info pass appt. Hubby got a 1yr. Extension stamp in his passport and biometrics done

08/12/2015-ROC Approved. Got letter in the mail.

08/29/2015-received new card in the mail.

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

you need to met first within two years, then you can file form 1-129 for a k-1 visa fiance,if your approval,he come to the us you have 90 days to get married.after that he needs to adjust status more forms an money 1,070 fee, 1-485,1-765,1-131.if you marry him in italy you file 1-130 spouse cr-1 visa 420.00 fee. takes about 8 to 10 months, you get green card, social security card, you can work, get a driver license, read the guides over an over, which is better for you.

Filed: Country: Italy
Timeline

hi everybody i am new on the site and its really a very intresting journey, i want to knw on hw to go about the processing , when i will be preparing for my interview , wht will i be bringing to enable me get the k1visa,i am from nigeria, living here in italy, and i met my fiancee ,and she has visited me once here in italy , and we are both planning on hw to start the filing.thanks

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

who is who? my neck hurts from the headsnaps.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

:guides::thumbs: :thumbs: The are the best source of information about the fiancee and spouse visa programs available to you.

who is who? my neck hurts from the headsnaps.

who's on first, what's on second........ :rofl: :rofl:

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Filed: Timeline

For the Fiance visa use this link,

http://www.visajourney.com/content/k1guide

For the Spouse visa use this link,

http://www.visajourney.com/content/i130guide1

If you have no mayor problems then you can do this yourself, use the guides by reading them and reading them again!!

There are lots of people on VJ to help you :thumbs:

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Pure entertainment !! :rofl: :rofl: Pinkie and Nixon do take time to read the K1 guidelines on VJ and if you are not legally residing in Italy correct this or be prepared to interview in NIGERIA. :bonk:

Edited by Olomi_811

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

If my fiance isn't a resident or citizen of his city and state, why is the cost so expensive? Is it better to fill out the forms yourself or with a lawyer or consultant?

Expensive? You're changing countries and citizenship. That's a big deal. It SHOULD be a little pricey. Plus the beneficiary may not be able to work for at least 2 years after arriving. How are the two of you going to make it if that happens? If you think the filing's expensive, you may want to consider if the beneficiary can be supported for two years by the us citizen.

Edited by mseifman

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline
...Plus the beneficiary may not be able to work for at least 2 years after arriving...

First time I've heard this. Can you elaborate?

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Filed: Timeline

First time I've heard this. Can you elaborate?

This isn't true in the vast majority of cases. Adjustment of status (Green Card) can take anywhere between one month and a year, but you can apply for an Employment Authorization Document when you apply for adjustment of status, and it usually arrives within several months.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Mexico
Timeline

Expensive? You're changing countries and citizenship. That's a big deal. It SHOULD be a little pricey. Plus the beneficiary may not be able to work for at least 2 years after arriving. How are the two of you going to make it if that happens? If you think the filing's expensive, you may want to consider if the beneficiary can be supported for two years by the us citizen.

Why can they not work for at least 2 years? Two weeks after they arrive, they can apply for their SSN, then after they are married within the 90 days, they will then file for AOS. Along with filing for AOS they will file for AP and their EAD. It takes about 2-3 months to receive the EAD/AP combo card. The EAD, along with their SSN, will allow them to begin working while waiting on their green card. The green card processing time is about 4-6 months on average. Unless they just cannot find any job for 2 years, they can certainly begin working before that time.

Link to K-1 instructions for Ciudad Juarez, Mexico > https://travel.state.gov/content/dam/visas/K1/CDJ_Ciudad-Juarez-2-22-2021.pdf

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.