SunDancer

Nightmare of an Interview @ Mumbai 4/19

142 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

--Facebook meeting.

--Spent merely 10 days in person.

--Female petitioner is 38. With a child from a previous marriage.

--Male beneficiary is 24 from India.

Frankly, I am shocked that you are so shocked at this outcome.

Wow, I just have to say you have got to be the most negative person I have seen in a long time. Every time you post it is to always say something negative, or to belittle everyone on this forum. You can say whatever you like or think, however your opinions or thoughts don't matter to me, at the end of the day Harsh and I know who we are and what our feelings are for each regardless of much time we have spent together in person. We have known each other for over 2 years. And what does it matter if I have a child from a previous relationship? You know it amazes me that people can be so narrow minded. Of course we knew it would be tough and the age difference would come into play here, what I am shock at is how they treated Harsh. My god people treat their dogs better then he was treated. Its people like you that have to run at the mouth all the time and always have to put in your two cents that makes others not want to post on forums. Maybe you should to not be a negative Nelly all the time and try to be supportive of others struggles. My mom always says if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Some good advice maybe you should try it!!

Edited by SunDancer

Timeline

Sundancer take this heed and get over there ASAP before ur case gets set back to USCIS.

And really take your emotions out and think like a CO and really examine your friends on Facebook your conversations. Hunni you would be surprised what folk say on Facebook (shock). I had a "friend" who was posting all on his wall I was his girl and giving me daily declarations. Look how you talk to men do you use words like I did "Babe. Hunni and sweetie" as terms of endearment.

They saw something that makes them think you were married and the little time together will not work in high fraud countries.

Yes gird yourself up and get what you need to do the battle and show the proof you need.

I pray you have a good lawyer that knows how to handle your embassy. This is no time for a novice to cut their teeth.

As far as my face book I don't talk to people on there other than my mom and my brother. The only thing I do is play games. Harsh and I do not even communicate via face book. And at one time there were two guys who did the whole I love you marry me thing one from Africa (Lagos) and the other from the same city as my fiancee', however I told them to leave me alone that I was not interested in them as I loved another. When continued to harass me I deleted them and blocked them.

Timeline

oh gosh i wonder how they will treat me and my husband. there is a age difference.but that doesnt bothered me. .

to me age aint nothing but a number.

I now agree with you that age is a number, but at the beginning I had issues with the age difference. To talk to and know Harsh you would not believe he is 24. He is very mature mentally for his age. It is amazing how people don't have any problems when it is the guy who is older, but if it's the woman look out, everyone seems to get in an uproar over it. Makes no logical sense.

Filed: Timeline
what I am shock at is how they treated Harsh

Absolutely.

You Guys are as a couple, a paying customer adn thus require good customer serive, regardless is the petition was approved or not.

Any tax payer should be appaled at some of the stuff I am reading about the conduct of our public servants at our Embassies, if the allegations are true.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline

Any tax payer should be appaled at some of the stuff I am reading about the conduct of our public servants at our Embassies, if the allegations are true.

At least they can not keep them apart.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Filed: Timeline

I now agree with you that age is a number, but at the beginning I had issues with the age difference. To talk to and know Harsh you would not believe he is 24. He is very mature mentally for his age. It is amazing how people don't have any problems when it is the guy who is older, but if it's the woman look out, everyone seems to get in an uproar over it. Makes no logical sense.

Well, from a legal standpoint it shouldn't matter but it does matter from a biological standpoint which I am now understanding that the Consulates makes their business. Sad in any case, but once one knows the perceived requirement then one must be prepared to engage on that level. I think this is what our "Sachinky" was hinting at.

This idea that every couple wants to, or can for that matter, produce offsprings is a fallacy and shouldn't be a benchmark for the petition decision.

Timeline

Wow, I just have to say you have got to be the most negative person I have seen in a long time. Every time you post it is to always say something negative, or to belittle everyone on this forum. You can say whatever you like or think, however your opinions or thoughts don't matter to me, at the end of the day Harsh and I know who we are and what our feelings are for each regardless of much time we have spent together in person. We have known each other for over 2 years. And what does it matter if I have a child from a previous relationship? You know it amazes me that people can be so narrow minded. Of course we knew it would be tough and the age difference would come into play here, what I am shock at is how they treated Harsh. My god people treat their dogs better then he was treated. Its people like you that have to run at the mouth all the time and always have to put in your two cents that makes others not want to post on forums. Maybe you should to not be a negative Nelly all the time and try to be supportive of others struggles. My mom always says if you don't have anything nice to say then don't say anything at all. Some good advice maybe you should try it!!

Well said Amy!!! Please don't kick people when they are down. How horrible each one of us would feel if we were told we could not be with our loved ones....

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Well said Amy!!! Please don't kick people when they are down. How horrible each one of us would feel if we were told we could not be with our loved ones....

+1 , I must say that " sachinky " comments are really MEAN. I wish if he/she supports the people and share the solution for their hard time instead of being mean buddy.

XrVRp5.png

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

You want a "solution" --here's my advice. Move to India to be with your Indian fiance. No amount of letter writing to a Congressman or all the righteous indignation in the world is going to squeeze a visa out of Bombay.

Exactly! You needed to give straight forward solution that you gave now. That would be much better.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

No one has told the OP that she cannot be with her loved one. She is free to move to India tomorrow if she so desires. It is what we would've done if my CR-1 visa wasn't successful. We, as a country, are very open and non-discriminatory when it comes to handing out visas.

In response Mrs. Sachinky:

Some of us have great jobs, with retirement, a house, kids, family.....We can not just on a whim go okay I will move to India then. Maybe if I was in my early twenty's and not established in life I could just do that. Not saying that I would not go and live with him in India, but we have been apart for long enough and if I need to move to India it will be a long process also. Yes it is very sad that it is not so easy to get a visa to be with your loved one. Also it is great to give honest advice, but stating the obvious holes in her case does not help. She knows just like I and you about where the holes are in our cases that we could have more evidence. She was hoping that what they had would be enough and she was disappointed and upset that they denied him his visa and how they treated him. I would feel the same.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Wales
Timeline
Some of us have great jobs, with retirement, a house, kids, family.....We can not just on a whim go okay I will move to India then.

Would that not be part of your thought processes when getting involved in such a relationship.

You could replace LA and NY, principal is the same.

Maybe if I was in my early twenty's and not established in life I could just do that. Not saying that I would not go and live with him in India, but we have been apart for long enough and if I need to move to India it will be a long process also.

I moved when I was well past my 20's, it can be done!

Also it is great to give honest advice, but stating the obvious holes in her case does not help.

She may know, but it certainly did not come across that way in the initial post.

She knows just like I and you about where the holes are in our cases that we could have more evidence. She was hoping that what they had would be enough and she was disappointed and upset that they denied him his visa and how they treated him. I would feel the same.

Go back and re read the original post.

“If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.”

Timeline

Would that not be part of your thought processes when getting involved in such a relationship.

I knew nothing about visa's.....We started dating and did not plan on falling in love. I had no idea of this long process of getting a visa to be with the person you love. Call me ignorant I don't care....I did not look for a long distance relationship....I did not seek out someone in a different country. I met my Fiancee here in the US 35 miles away from me and had no idea how this would go. Fell in love and that is it.

I moved when I was well past my 20's, it can be done!

I know it can be done, but it is difficult and a long process in it self. Not easy

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

oh gosh i wonder how they will treat me and my husband. there is a age difference.but that doesnt bothered me. .

to me age aint nothing but a number.

Wonder if you will say the same when your barely legal daughter brings home a man in his 60s.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.