MTLNB

Need Help! - How does one get details of Travel into the USA and other countries visited??

21 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

Saylin,

It looks like there are only 2 forms to fill out for the CR1-is that possible or am I misreading?

I was wondering if I could get married in a civilmarriage in the US when I'm down for a weekend and then return back to Canada and then start the process when we get the marriage certificate...do you think that'd cause problems? Right now I'm going down on I-94 forms every 2 weeks having to get a new one every time because I've had issues.

Saylin,

It looks like there are only 2 forms to fill out for the CR1-is that possible or am I misreading?

I was wondering if I could get married in a civilmarriage in the US when I'm down for a weekend and then return back to Canada and then start the process when we get the marriage certificate...do you think that'd cause problems? Right now I'm going down on I-94 forms every 2 weeks having to get a new one every time because I've had issues.

laughing.gif There are definitely more than just two forms to fill out. For the I-130 petition, there's a G-325A that must be filled out by both parties, and then an I-130. At NVC, there's an AOS package which includes the I-864, filled out by the petitioner, and then the IV package, and coming from Canada, you fill out the DS-260, which is done online. So, four forms in total, with many documents as well.

And yes, you can do that. That's exactly what I did. I came to visit my husband in the summer of 2010 and got married in a courtroom with just his mom and grandmother there as witnesses. After my return to Canada and first denial, we filed the I-130 package.

Timeline

Wow! I didn't even realize that was a question on those forms... haha... I'm going to have trouble with that one too, since my parents have had a home in Florida since I was 8 years old! I've been going down at least 2-3 times a year since then. My only saving grace will be that I am constantly taking pictures, so I can probably figure out the dates from my photo folders... but definitely not going back 10 years!

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Wow! I didn't even realize that was a question on those forms... haha... I'm going to have trouble with that one too, since my parents have had a home in Florida since I was 8 years old! I've been going down at least 2-3 times a year since then. My only saving grace will be that I am constantly taking pictures, so I can probably figure out the dates from my photo folders... but definitely not going back 10 years!

Just look at the link I posted earlier. I had the same problem as you; I was visiting Florida at least once year for a few weeks since I was a baby! All you need to do is write down around the most recent 10 visits and just include a paragraph similar to mine on the additional sheet.

Timeline

Yep, I saw that... very helpful!

I think I'll also have to do the same thing for my work, because I mostly work short contracts, so there won't be nearly enough room to describe all the places I've worked in the last 10 years! (On the I-129F I just submitted an additional page with my resume on it)

Ex27m5.png MbP5m4.png

VJsig.jpg

Yep, I saw that... very helpful!

I think I'll also have to do the same thing for my work, because I mostly work short contracts, so there won't be nearly enough room to describe all the places I've worked in the last 10 years! (On the I-129F I just submitted an additional page with my resume on it)

That should work as well for your employment. Just list the most recent ones then include a paragraph. As the beneficiary, it should be fine. The US doesn't seem to care about your employment history (as long as it was nothing illegal or bad).

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.