bebop + rocksteady

Montreal Interview Waiting Room Thread

232 posts in this topic

Aaahhh - I have to admit it - I just called the embassy to see if they would give me a December, January, February or March interview estimate - they said January. I don't know why I did that - obviously I would not have had an appt. so soon. But somehow, I feel like I've had some contact - ineffectual though it may be. :wacko:

Mo

Yeah but Mo, I can't remember who, but somebody here once called and were told "january" and then a short while later got their packet 4 and they had a november. I don't think calling and asking means diddly-squiddly. I think we'd have more luck guessing with a Magic 8 Ball.

Married 12-30-05

Started our visa journey Jan 06.

01-06 - I-130, K3 shortly after

04-06 - switched to Canada Immigration

07-06 - Moved to Canada (PR almost complete)

07-06 - Changed again, back to US imm.

09-06 - Landed as Canadian PR

10-06 - DCF Toronto, Approved in 1.5 hrs!

11-06 - Interview Montreal (success!)

I-130

10-05-06 DCF in Toronto - Approved

10-19-06 Packet 3 received & sent back

10-20-06 Montreal receives P3

11-03-06 Packet 4 received

11-06-06 Medical

11-22-06 Interview / Visa approved

11-26-06 heading home, 6 day drive, my oh my

HOME SWEET HOME

10.24.08 - Mailed I-751 to CSC

Delivered at 9:03 AM on October 25, 2008

10.29.08 NOA1

10.30.08 Check cashed

12.06.08 Biometrics Appt.

12.19.08 Received new Drivers License extended to 2011

03.12.09 Received CONGRATULATIONS letter - Card on the way!!

03.20.09 Received his SHINY new card. WOO HOOOOOOO

YAY!! We can take a break from this madness until Citizenship.

• Replies 231
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congratulations, jg! You've had a fairly quick journey!

I-130 sent Mar 30, 06

approved Aug 15, 06

I-129f sent April 24, 06

approved July 27, 06

Montreal interview Jan 18, 07

POE Toronto Jan 28, 07

EAD sent Jan. 30, 07

transferred to Vermont Feb 12

biometrics Feb 22

approved March 13

card returned undeliverable! March 27

called after 6 weeks to have EAD re-sent

AOS sent Jan. 30, 07

biometrics Feb 22

RFE for complete medical (!) Feb 23

Called Senator from NJ - never returned call

Infopass March 19 (no help)

Replied to RFE with duplicate medical March 19

Sent additional evidence (I-693A) March 26

NBC received supplement March 30

touched April 4

Interview July 16

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Congrats John that is great news. I am hoping more people in this room get interviews soon as well. I still haven't recieved my letter in the mail but I trust the lady.

Just booked my room at the Hyatt. If anyone is booking there make sure to ask for the Sweet Deal as it gives you a discount on the 2nd night. And they said you can see the building from the hotel.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline
Yeah but Mo, I can't remember who, but somebody here once called and were told "january" and then a short while later got their packet 4 and they had a november. I don't think calling and asking means diddly-squiddly. I think we'd have more luck guessing with a Magic 8 Ball.

I called a few times so I don't remember exactly which call it was....but I was told many different time frames. One of which was "likely January" and I ended up in November. I agree....very unpredictable!

Thanks to everyone for the congrats! My fiancee's brother will be taking her and he went on a missions trip there over the summer. The short version is he may have a church he may be able to stay at. I really wish I could go with her, but I'm just glad we're at this point. Ans Jersey_Girl, hang in there!

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I know it's probably somewhere in this thread... but what's the phone # to call the MTL Embassy to find out if they've recd my K3 from the NVC?

Much appreciated

Angela

***I751***

01/06/2009 - Mailed I-751 with Fee (Day 1)

01/09/2009 - Check Cashed (Day 3)

01/15/2009 - NOA received (Day 9)

02/05/2009 - Biometrics Appointment (Day 30)

06/10/2009 - Approval!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

http://www.visajourney.com/consulates/inde...mp;cty=Montreal

I know it's probably somewhere in this thread... but what's the phone # to call the MTL Embassy to find out if they've recd my K3 from the NVC?

Much appreciated

Canadians Visiting the USA while undergoing the visa process, my free advice:

1) Always tell the TRUTH. never lie to the POE officer

2) Be confident in ur replies

3) keep ur response short and to the point, don't tell ur life story!!

4) look the POE officer in the eye when speaking to them. They are looking for people lieing and have been trained to find them!

5) Pack light! No job resumes with you

6) Bring ties to Canada (letter from employer when ur expected back at work, lease, etc etc)

7) Always be polite, being rude isn't going to get ya anywhere, and could make things worse!!

8) Have a plan in case u do get denied (be polite) It wont harm ur visa application if ur denied,that is if ur polite and didn't lie! Refer to #1

Hey gang! My fiancee just called Montreal and she has an interview on Nov 15th! :dance: They said they mailed the letter on Oct 26th. Thanks to everyone for your prayers/encouragment. It's hard to wait for God's timing but in the end it's His best that counts, not ours. I'll let you all know how it went.

One other thing. The person said they haven't booked December yet. Take that with a grain of salt as we know how we hear different things. Oh yes, they told her that so they could cancel the date and honor her December request. She opted not to. I was looking forward to going to Montreal with her, but now we don't have to spend two of our days together traveling.

Yay congrats!! I guess the key here is to keep calling them until you get a date, never know is they really have a place of if its a cancellation spot, but its still worthed :)

3dflagsdotcom_usa_2faws.gif+3dflags-canqc1-1.gif3Dflags

Removal of Conditions: GC received on 09/17/2009

Application to replace permanent resident cards filed 3/30/2019 (I-90)

Timeline

I said I'd update about the transfer situation. I called Vancouver today and was told yesterday they mailed my appointment letter, it's for November 29. That will be 8 months from when we petitioned. There's an end in sight, I feel so relieved! With Leafgal's and jg_am's recent appointment dates, I'm sure everyone will have one much sooner than Montreal is saying. I'm hoping for quick appointments for all of you!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Mercy I am thrilled for you I kept looking at your timeline waiting for it to change. Congrats I am so happy for you. And now if we can just get Jersey her appointment in November and all the rest in December that would be fantastic.

K-1 journey, AOS/EAD and ROC in my timeline

2011 March 31 - Sent off Naturalization pkg overnight to Texas

2011 April 1 - Arrived in Texas at 10:21 am

2011 April 1 - NOA (rec'd via snail mail April 8)

2011 April 7 - Cheque cashed

2011 May 5 - Biometrics (letter rec'd via snail mail April 15)

2011 May 9 - Placed in line for interview scheduling

2011 June 13 - Rec'd yellow letter (no change in status online)

2011 June 23 - Rec'd text that my case has been scheduled for interview

2011 August 1 - Interview (rec'd via snail mail June 27) PASSED

2011 August 3 - Rec'd email that my case has been scheduled for Oath

2011 September 1 - Oath ceremony (rec'd snail mail Aug 5)

2011 September 1 - All done, yeah.

Timeline
I said I'd update about the transfer situation. I called Vancouver today and was told yesterday they mailed my appointment letter, it's for November 29. That will be 8 months from when we petitioned. There's an end in sight, I feel so relieved! With Leafgal's and jg_am's recent appointment dates, I'm sure everyone will have one much sooner than Montreal is saying. I'm hoping for quick appointments for all of you!

Wow that's great! I'm trying to do the math here. Which I realize is almost impossible given I would be including Montreal in the calculation. :P Hmmm think you saved a month of wait or maybe closer to two months?

Great news!

Timeline

HI, I read that they changed the requirements and that only electronically filled out forms would be accepted at the consulate, no more hand written forms will be accepted so that requires using the forms on line. I did that rather than using the fomrs that we got from Montreal. Which, by the way were the outdated versions. I hope this won't cause a problem...

We got our packet 3 on Friday, from Montreal.....NOOOOOO mention was made in the letter or instructions of their recent policy change regarding the DS-156. The thing that PEEVES ME OFF ROYALLY is the additional note on the website of "Hand-written forms will no longer be accepted. If you appear for your interview with a hand-written DS-156 application form you will be turned away and assigned another date for your interview." So it's ok for these idiots to not give proper instructions and then TURN YOU AWAY for not having completed the form properly. This, after you've already waited longer than necessary because they can't seem to do their jobs properly.

So , without the benefit of this particular website and the invaluable source of information it provides, how would a person just fumbling through this process know to check the consualte website for additional instruction?

Add this to the list of Montreal gripes!!!

The note on electronic DS156 is included in P4

Mercy, Congrats!

CIS Office : Philadelphia PA

08/25/09 I-751 Sent to VSC

08/26/09 Package arrives at VSC

08/31/09 Check is Cashed/Clears

08/27/09 NOA

09/24/09 Biometrics

11/24/09 Approval letter arrives!

Timeline

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the congratulations :) When they weren't answering my emails there, I was starting to worry it was going to be a bit like jumping lanes at the grocery store. If we go by James and Daniela's and my experience though, they assign a date about a week from transfer request.

Wow that's great! I'm trying to do the math here. Which I realize is almost impossible given I would be including Montreal in the calculation. :P Hmmm think you saved a month of wait or maybe closer to two months?

Great news!

I'm not really sure how much time I might have saved. Given the past couple appointments Montreal has sent out, maybe only a couple of weeks? I think only time will tell really. It sure saved a big chunk of my sanity though. I don't know why Montreal can't be more forthcoming with information, or why they can't book interviews as soon as packet 3 is received (even if the interview isn't for several months). I'm really hoping that everyone(especially Jersey! It's gotta be soon!) gets their appointments quickly.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Canada
Timeline

Since we JUST got our NOA2, we're thinking about transferring it to Vancouver. I wonder if they look down upon this? Would it be considered "lying" if you aren't living at the address you gave? Do you have to say you live there? Craig has an Uncle that lives in BC, and truthfully, the thought of having to wait until March or April to get an interview at Vancouver makes me sick.

:star: Cass (bebop the great)

us.gif

timeline.gif

K-1

Service Center: California (transferred from Nebraska)

Consulate: Vancouver, Canada (transferred from Montreal)

06.17.2006 — Engagement!

08.23.2006 — NOA1

11.01.2006 — NOA2

01.25.2007 — Interview—APPPROOOVVEEEDD!!

02.12.2007 — Entry date!

03.01.2007 — Applied for SSN.

03.08.2007 — Social Security Card arrives! :)

03.17.2007 — Wedding day! Happy St. Patty's Day! YAY! :D

AOS/EAD

04.30.2007 — AOS/EAD Mailed off (No AP)

05.02.2007 — Arrives in Chicago.

05.08.2007 — NOA1 for AOS/EAD

06.01.2007 — Biometrics (and EAD Touch)

06.14.2007 — AOS Touch

06.17.2007 — AOS Transferred to CSC

06.19.2007 — AOS Touch

06.20.2007 — AOS Touch

06.21.2007 — AOS Touch (They must be doing something!)

07.25.2007 — EA Card Arrives. YAY! :)

09.03.2007 — AOS Touch, something finally!

09.05.2007 — AOS Touch

09.07.2007 — AOS Touch

09.09.2007 — AOS Touch

09.10.2007 — AOS Touch

09.11.2007 — AOS Approval without interview

09.17.2007 — Welcome to America! Letter arrives

09.29.2007 — Green card arrives! WOOO! No more USCIS until 06/09.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.