Daryll and Janine

Submitting K-1 Soon, Please Advise!

9 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hello everyone, I've only made a few posts as I'm new to this process as I assume alot are on this website, however, I plan to contribute much more and keep this website updated throughout my visa progress and timeline as well as assist others if I can in the future! As I'm now ready to file my paperwork, I'm going to list everything I have done as well as the contents of the K-1 visa packet here, please let me know if I am missing anything or you have any advice at all so I can have this process go as smoothly as possible! Thanks for all your help fellow VJ members :thumbs:

All attachments are made by paperclip and large attachments by binder clip, encased in a manila envelope, sent via UPS Ground to the Dallas Lockbox

Using this address with UPS?

USCIS

P.O. Box 660151

Dallas, TX 75266

Or should I use the other courier address.

Entire contents of Packet

#############################

-Front page: I-129F Cover Letter addressed to US Dep. Homeland Security. Signed & Dated 10MAR12

--Attached to it is a check for $340 [EDIT: fixed] and 2 passport photos in a bag with full names written on the back of each photo.

-I-129F Signed & Dated 07MAR12

-I-129F Supplement: Part B, Question 18 addressed to US Dep. of State (Philippines Embassy). Signed & Dated 9APR12

--Attached is proof of meeting: Chat logs, airline itinerary, airline boarding passes, luggage tags, engagement ring receipt, philippines ATM, travel, and store receipts, photos of us together)

-Fiance letter of intent to marry x2 (Signed and dated 10MAR2012. By both me and the fiance)

-Copy of my (US Citizen) official, and unofficial birth certificate.

-Copy of all pages of my US Passport

-G-325A for fiance signed and dated 3APR12 ***[will need to change her current address after submission. she moved to a new place after I left the Philippines. Not keen to change now as I'd need her signature again, I think I'll just call and request change of address after submission?]

-G-325A for me signed and dated 17MAR12

-Form G-1145E for Text/Email notification

-Military PCS Orders, Enlistment contract, and 4 of prior months LES (paycheck) Statements

#############################

Did I miss anything?

I am in the military and have talked with my First Sergeant, FRG, and plan to speak with the Immigration Representative here on base for any additional info if I need to. *I have an upcoming deployment and I will attempt to expedite the process if possible after the paperwork is submitted, this is why I have included what proof of current active duty military service that I could. Thanks for all your replies and help, I really appreciate it :) I hope I can be happily married and living together soon!

Thanks so much!!

-Daryll Chandler

Edited by Daryll and Janine

K-1 Visa Application Process | 01APR2012 - Met fiance in person

[uSCIS]

12APR2012 - Sent I-129F/K-1 Visa Application via USPS (Received at Dallas Lockbox 15APR2012)

18APR2012 - NOA1: Case Received via Text/Email | Requested military deployment expedite | Check cashed

19APR2012 - USCIS expedite evidence request received via EMAIL (Evidence faxed & NOA1 Hard Copy received 20APR2012)

24APR2012 - USCIS expedite evidence request received via US MAIL | Mailed back their letter & evidence via USPS

26APR2012 - NOA2: I-129F Approved via Text/Email (NOA2 Hard Copy received 30APR2012)

[NVC]

23MAY2012 - NVC Received petition and assigned case #

25MAY2012 - NVC Sent to consulate in Manila, PH

[uSEM - MNL]

30MAY2012 - SLEC medical exam completed; 1 day total

08JUN2012 - Interview PASSED! Visa Approved!

22JUN2012 - US Entry (Dallas POE)

08JUL2012 - Married!

"Have patience. All things are difficult before they become easy." - Saadi

The filing fee for the petition is $340. That is not changing. Please read more carefully...the change is with visa fee on the embassy side once the petition is approved.

You can change the address once the petition is submitted, but you will have to be diligent in making sure the address is indeed updated and is passed on to the embassy once USCIS approves the petition. If it were me, I'd take the extra time and submit the petition and materials once receiving an updated form.

Also, if you're planning to send the materials via UPS, then you'll have to use the street address provided in the instructions. The PO Box is only for mailing via USPS.

Edited by LeftCoastLady

Part One: The K-1 Visa Journey:

USCIS Receipt of I-129F: January 24, 2012 | Petition Approval: June 15, 2012 (No RFEs)
Interview: October 24, 2012 - Review | Visa Delivered: October 31, 2012

Part Two: Entry and Adjusting Status:

POE: November 18, 2012 (at SFO) - Review
Wedding: December 1, 2012 | Social Security: New cards received on December 7, 2012.
AOS Package (I-485/I-765/I-131) NOA1: February 19, 2013 | Biometrics Appt.: March 18, 2013
AP/EAD Approved: April 29, 2013 | Card Received: May 6, 2013 | AOS Interview Appt.: May 16, 2013 - Approved Review Card Received: May 24, 2013

Part Three: Removal of Conditions:

Coming Soon...

"When you're born you get a ticket to the freak show. When you're born in America, you get a front row seat." – George Carlin

Timeline

The filing fee for the petition is $340. That is not changing. Please read more carefully...the change is with visa fee on the embassy side once the petition is approved.

Thankyou! I will make sure to send the $340 with the packet

[uSCIS]

12APR2012 - Sent I-129F/K-1 Visa Application via USPS (Received at Dallas Lockbox 15APR2012)

18APR2012 - NOA1: Case Received via Text/Email | Requested military deployment expedite | Check cashed

19APR2012 - USCIS expedite evidence request received via EMAIL (Evidence faxed & NOA1 Hard Copy received 20APR2012)

24APR2012 - USCIS expedite evidence request received via US MAIL | Mailed back their letter & evidence via USPS

26APR2012 - NOA2: I-129F Approved via Text/Email (NOA2 Hard Copy received 30APR2012)

[NVC]

[uSEM - MNL]

08JUL2012 - Married!

Timeline

UPS will not deliver to P.O. Box

ok, thanks :)

Would you suggest using UPS still to send to

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

-Or should I just send using USPS to the PO Box (I just haven't had reliable experience with them in the past)

[uSCIS]

[NVC]

[uSEM - MNL]

08JUL2012 - Married!

Filed: Timeline

ok, thanks :)

Would you suggest using UPS still to send to

USCIS

Attn: I-129F

2501 South State Highway 121 Business

Suite 400

Lewisville, TX 75067

-Or should I just send using USPS to the PO Box (I just haven't had reliable experience with them in the past)

Yes, use the courier address for UPS.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Send the petition first and when you get the notice of acceptance (NOA1) call the military line and request an expedite due to deployment. ( we did this and were approved in 5 days )

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Timeline

Send the petition first and when you get the notice of acceptance (NOA1) call the military line and request an expedite due to deployment. ( we did this and were approved in 5 days )

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Thanks I was hoping they would respect our already impending difficult conditions with me being in the desert! That's so great to hear, congratulations! I hope I fare the same :)

[uSCIS]

[NVC]

[uSEM - MNL]

08JUL2012 - Married!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

:thumbs::thumbs::thumbs: Thanks I was hoping they would respect our already impending difficult conditions with me being in the desert! That's so great to hear, congratulations! I hope I fare the same :)

They should thats where my guy was going to when he requested the expedite and they approved it. Cant promise they will but they should.

Edit to add - you should also be able to expedite the AOS process as well due to the deployment. We did the same for that.

Edited by Inky

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.