kylejb

Confused about Single Biometrics appointment

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

Ok, so we filed the i-751 petition for my wife (K1) and son (K2), at the SAMETIME, on the SAME FORM... including the bio fee for both. My wife and son got letters in the mail(the standard ACS notification letters). My wifes letter said they recieved the information and would be processing it accordingly... my son got a letter saying that he was included on the application of my wife... so far so good. I expected these and they seemed correct.

So now my wife just received a letter saying when her biometrics appointment was next month. The CASE # is different than the notification letter. Not sure why that is different. However, my son, did not receive a letter. He is only 6. Should he go to the same appointment? Maybe because we got the previous letter saying he was included on my wife's petition, then they are just assigning one appointment?

Everything was included in the packet. Both Green cards, passports, copies of SSN cards, 2 letters from friends, .. he was listed on the application.

Anyone have any thoughts or experienced the same thing?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Its likely he does not need biometrics. I have seen a bunch of people have the same thing and their children under a certain age have not had to take biometrics.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

It is normal, for RoC, for the bio notice case number to be different than the NOA1 case number. Incidentally, if you've tried to sign up for email notifications on the USCIS web site, you will have found that the NOA1 case number didn't work. The bio notice case number should.

I seem to recall reading, but cannot recall precisely where, that minor children below a certain age do not have to do biometrics. If this is in fact the case, it would explain why he has not received his own notice. I would bring him to the bio appointment anyways, just in case. It is also possible that his bio notice, being sent separately, just hasn't arrived yet. Either way, bring him with you to the bio appointment, and they should be able to sort it out at the USCIS office.

DON'T PANIC

"It says wonderful things about the two countries [Canada and the US] that neither one feels itself being inundated by each other's immigrants."

-Douglas Coupland

They take $85 for biometric fee from everybody regardless of age. Go figure ???

But he is exempted because he is under 14. Only your wife has to do her bio.

Look at list below who're exempted from Bio :

1- Foreigners admitted on A, G, NATO visas

2- Children under the age of 14

3- Persons over the age of 79

4- Taiwan officials who hold E-1 visas and members of their immediate families who hold E-1 visas.

5- Certain Canadian citizens and Mexican citizens

Edited by Cino

"Patience is the key to the paradise (US Citizenship, in our case)"

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.