EA10

PAYMENT QUESTIONS

9 posts in this topic

VJ,

Good Morning/Afternoon/Evening,

I was wondering what payments will the NVC require? If you have a link that would be great. Also, do I have to pay anything when my wife actually goes to the Embassy for her interview? Or is it all done before she goes to the interview?

I received my NOA2 on 22 March, but still havent received anything from the NVC. Do they have an email I can ask for updates? I called about 3 days ago, but still they havent received anything.

I am due to go on deployment next month and need to try and get as much stuff as I can before I leave.

Thanks again.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

The link to the IV fee and AOS fee. A link to a thread you might find informative, especially the first two post.

Presently the IV fee (Immigrant Visa) is $404 (330 + 74 security surcharge = $404) - but as of April 13 the fee will be reduced to $230.

AOS fee (Affidavit of Support) is $88.00.

Keep calling NVC to get your case # and IIN #. All fees will be paid before your case is complete and forwarded to USEM from NVC.

Don't forget the fee for the medical, to be paid the day of the medical at St. Luke's, $213.35 = adults & $185.35 = children.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Cambodia
Timeline

The link to the IV fee and AOS fee. A link to a thread you might find informative, especially the first two post.

Presently the IV fee (Immigrant Visa) is $404 (330 + 74 security surcharge = $404) - but as of April 13 the fee will be reduced to $230.

AOS fee (Affidavit of Support) is $88.00.

Keep calling NVC to get your case # and IIN #. All fees will be paid before your case is complete and forwarded to USEM from NVC.

Don't forget the fee for the medical, to be paid the day of the medical at St. Luke's, $213.35 = adults & $185.35 = children.

Oh s#it. The NVC should delay it for a week. Just paid my $404 yesterday :angry:

Timeline

Oh s#it. The NVC should delay it for a week. Just paid my $404 yesterday :angry:

:lol: Oops - hate when that happens!

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Thanks for the info. My wife is living with me here in Japan. So we will be doing on Medical in Tokyo (her appointment is on Wednesday).

What is an IIN Number?

Thats good the price will be doing down on April 13. Great news!

There are not any fees to be paid on the actual interview day?

Thanks again!

Timeline

Thanks for the info. My wife is living with me here in Japan. So we will be doing on Medical in Tokyo (her appointment is on Wednesday).

What is an IIN Number?

Thats good the price will be doing down on April 13. Great news!

There are not any fees to be paid on the actual interview day?

Thanks again!

IIN = Invoice Identification Number.

There are no fees to be paid on the day of the interview - you paid all fees through NVC - except for the cost of the medical.

How can your wife be at the medical stage if you don't know the meaning of IIN? You needed the IIN# and the case # to pay the fees online or did you pay the AOS and IV fees via mail?

Maybe your wife wouldn't mind if you gave her an extra $500.00 for imaginary fees - then she could head over to Ginza for a little shopping after the interview. :)

From what I read you can do medical whenever you want. I leave Japan in September and the medical results are good for 6 months. So regardless if I do it now or what it wont matter much.

Also, the choice of agent seems intended if the petitioner is in the states and the beneficiary is in their foreign country. Since we both live together in Japan, do I still list myself as the agent?

I dont even have my case number yet from the NVC. Our I-130 got approved on the 22 March.

I am planning all of this in advanced because I leave for deployment next month. My wife is pregnant and its pretty good trip from base to Tokyo and I dont really want here to do that all alone when I am gone. So I plan to knock out medical now.

Don't you need to bring the interview appointment letter to get a medical?

USCIS

11/11/2011 - Submitted I-130

11/15/2011 - NOA1 emailed

11/21/2011 - NOA1 mail

03/30/2012 - NOA2 emailed

04/05/2012 - NOA2 mail

NVC

04/05/2012 - NVC received I-130 package

04/17/2012 - NVC case number assigned

04/18/2012 - Submitted DS3032 email

04/20/2012 - AOS fee bill invoiced and paid

04/24/2012 - AOS fee bill shows "PAID"

04/25/2012 - DS3032 accepted

04/25/2012 - AOS package sent via USPS

04/26/2012 - AOS package delivered to NVC

05/02/2012 - AOS package reviewed and accepted

05/04/2012 - IV fee bill invoiced and paid

05/07/2012 - IV fee bill shows "PAID"

05/07/2012 - IV package sent via USPS

05/08/2012 - IV package delivered to NVC

05/11/2012 - IV package reviewed and accepted

05/12/2012 - Case Complete

Interview on 06/04/2012 - PASSED

Visa delivered:

Port of entry in US:

I didnt bring any letter to medical here. I just looked on the US Embassy in Japan website and found out what Medical clinics they accepted for her Visa and made an appointment and went.

All they asked her was her Passport, a photo, medical record from base, and paid.

that was it. Her medical is good until October and I leave in September so I hope its done!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.