Khushi81

APRIL 2012 FILERS N-400

1,015 posts in this topic

You do it at the SS office. As I already said, wait 7-10 days to be sure that your status has been updated.

okay will...i guess till Monday for me then since i just did my interview and oath last week wednesday

Filed: Country: United Kingdom
Timeline

Thank you so much for the information. So then I may have to wait till 10th since my Oath was on 3rd August.

Wait until at least the 10th. It didn't take very long for them to do. Make sure you print out the form for replacing a Social Security card and fill it out before you go. You will need your naturalization certificate and ID. They asked to see my SS card but I didn't take it with me, but it might be a good idea to take that too.

okay will...i guess till Monday for me then since i just did my interview and oath last week wednesday

Yeah, that would probably be safe. I had to go there twice, I went the day after my ceremony as I wanted to send off for my passport as soon as possible, but it was too early. Don't go there more times than you have to! :lol:

Wait until at least the 10th. It didn't take very long for them to do. Make sure you print out the form for replacing a Social Security card and fill it out before you go. You will need your naturalization certificate and ID. They asked to see my SS card but I didn't take it with me, but it might be a good idea to take that too.

Yeah, that would probably be safe. I had to go there twice, I went the day after my ceremony as I wanted to send off for my passport as soon as possible, but it was too early. Don't go there more times than you have to! :lol:

I actually did my passport application last week friday and the SS on Thursday, the day after. :lol:

I have sent the voting registration form last friday as well.

Timeline

I actually did my passport application last week friday and the SS on Thursday, the day after. :lol:

I have sent the voting registration form last friday as well.

Did you mail off your naturalization certificate? If so, I don't think you can update your status at the SS office until you get your certificate or passport.

Did you mail off your naturalization certificate? If so, I don't think you can update your status at the SS office until you get your certificate or passport.

Actually when I went to the SS office, the lady asked for a copy of the certificate and the SS5 form, which was why I sent the certificate along with my passport application.

Have u applied for your passport?

Timeline

Actually when I went to the SS office, the lady asked for a copy of the certificate and the SS5 form, which was why I sent the certificate along with my passport application.

Have u applied for your passport?

Yes I have! I sent off my voter registration form this weekend too. Now for the long wait! :lol::clock:

Yes I have! I sent off my voter registration form this weekend too. Now for the long wait! :lol::clock:

Oh wow cool.

Like I stated initially, I will wait till Monday to visit SS office again.

I checked online for my passport application and they said it is being processed.

So yes indeed, the wait is on :innocent:

Timeline

Oh wow cool.

Like I stated initially, I will wait till Monday to visit SS office again.

I checked online for my passport application and they said it is being processed.

So yes indeed, the wait is on :innocent:

I just checked my application and confirmed my email address so I can get notifications. Did you do that too? Feels like USCIS all over again! :lol:

I just checked my application and confirmed my email address so I can get notifications. Did you do that too? Feels like USCIS all over again! :lol:

You mean your passport application?

Yeah i registered my email as well. I did mine at the post office.

Yeah feels like it

p.s i just viewed your timeline for n400, yours was fast!!!

Edited by UMUC

Timeline

You mean your passport application?

Yeah i registered my email as well. I did mine at the post office.

Yeah they are everywhere!

p.s i just viewed your timeline for n400, yours was fast!!!

Yes, I checked the application status online and it wanted me to verify my email address to send me email updates.

My N-400 did go fast, which was very surprising but also very convenient! I'm 36 weeks pregnant and if it had taken any longer I don't know if we could have driven all the way to the interview and then back again for the oath, it is 80+ miles each way. ROC was a different story, took 100 days just for the biometrics appointment!

Yes, I checked the application status online and it wanted me to verify my email address to send me email updates.

My N-400 did go fast, which was very surprising but also very convenient! I'm 36 weeks pregnant and if it had taken any longer I don't know if we could have driven all the way to the interview and then back again for the oath, it is 80+ miles each way. ROC was a different story, took 100 days just for the biometrics appointment!

Oh wow..80 miles?

Congrats...you became a Naturalized US citizen before the baby arrives..cant imagine going into labor during the oath ceremony :thumbs:

So to clarify things with you since u are very knowledgable about USCIS so far, you did the SS first before your passport?

I could and should have done that but my need to get everything done one time got in the way.

Are we able to check if our voting registration form was received?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Well, the RFE of 2011 tax transcript, plus the RFE letter & a copy of our check that paid 2011 taxes has been mailed priority w/tracking. Should arrive tomorrow by noon to USCIS.

Edited by ~PalmTreeGurl~
10407819_701840296558511_659086279075738

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.