Rob & Angie

NVC after VSC NOA2

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers

I have question regarding NVC; on many timelines, I see where NOA2 for a K1 was followed in only 5-9 days by NVC received and then their NVC left is only a few days after that. My NOA2 letter is dated March 20th, and every time I call NVC they say they do not have my paperwork, it can take 15 business days. Does this mean that when I do call they will say they have had my paperwork since XXX and sent it out on XXX; or that they just got it, and now I must wait for them to send it out? Apart from issuing a new case number for us for the US embassy in Kiev, what does NVC do with a K1 visa package?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello VJ'ers

I have question regarding NVC; on many timelines, I see where NOA2 for a K1 was followed in only 5-9 days by NVC received and then their NVC left is only a few days after that. My NOA2 letter is dated March 20th, and every time I call NVC they say they do not have my paperwork, it can take 15 business days. Does this mean that when I do call they will say they have had my paperwork since XXX and sent it out on XXX; or that they just got it, and now I must wait for them to send it out? Apart from issuing a new case number for us for the US embassy in Kiev, what does NVC do with a K1 visa package?

None of us knew those timelines either, we filled them in AFTER we got the NVC letter which said when it was received and when it was sent to the consulate. In most cases the the file was already at the consulate before we got the letter. Stop calling, it gets you nowhere.

NVC reviews trhe entire file to look for any erros USCIS may have made, they also do their own background checks using different sources than USCIS, then they assign a case number and send it on to the consulate. They basically prepare it for the consulate.

It is possible your file can be put into "Additional Processing" at NVC and this can take some weeks, depending on what they are in need of. Wehn they are done with it they will send you a letter notifying you it is on the way to Kiev and giving you the KEV number

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

There have been others here who experienced a delay being sent to NVC, by a few weeks.

We were one of some that were held up at NVC for AP on our K1, a few years ago, and for almost 8 weeks. We knew when it got there, by the date on the letter, in fact we were sent three letters to say it was going onwards, but it didn't. We never ever did get a letter to say it was being sent on. The only way we knew it was out and on the way was by calling. My consulate in AKL also emailed me to say they had the electronic file.

I can explain it to you. But I can't understand it for you.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Jamaica
Timeline

Yes it can take a while to get there. When we called NVC last week they told us the date they received and gave us the case number and told us to call back next week (this week) to find out if they sent it out yet. We called today and they said they sent it out today April 3. So as long as they have it they will tell you when they receive it and as long as they send it, they will tell you the date they did.

Edited by A & K 42

US Citizenship

February 2, 2016 - Package mailed

February 8,2016 - Credit card charged

February 9, 2016 - NOA1

March 1, 2016 - Biometrics Appt

March 29, 2016 - In Line for interview

April 1, 2016 - Interview Scheduled

April 4, 2016 - Interview letter received in the mail

May 10, 2016 - Interview Day! (Approved)

June 8, 2016 - Oath Ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.