cluelessinny

Belarus travel insurance

19 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Belarus
Timeline

When you get off the plane, they check your passport and direct you upstairs where there two booths. One on the right in the corner is she you do the insurance. The booth on the left before it? Don't know what that is yet. I was told its a monitory thing that you have to purchase this insurance on just the days you will be staying there. It's not much and they require you to keep those papers from that booth on you. I'm going back there this May 4th.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

During my visits to Belarus (I get double entry visitor's visa), I always flew to the airport and purchased the medical insurance there. I stay at my wife's apartment in Minsk, and she helps with the registration since I am not fluent in Russian. When you register, they will take a copy of the medical insurance document you receive from the airport. Once your registration is complete, you will get a stamp on your entry/exit registration card/paper which you turn in when you leave Belarus. This is just my experience during my visits there.

Timeline

During my visits to Belarus (I get double entry visitor's visa), I always flew to the airport and purchased the medical insurance there. I stay at my wife's apartment in Minsk, and she helps with the registration since I am not fluent in Russian. When you register, they will take a copy of the medical insurance document you receive from the airport. Once your registration is complete, you will get a stamp on your entry/exit registration card/paper which you turn in when you leave Belarus. This is just my experience during my visits there.

I tried getting a multi entry visa, they only give me a single. Is this because that I'm not married yet to her? Or will I be able to get the multi entry after we married?

The insurance I was told by my gal is to keep those papers on me at all times. WOW, it's like another world over there.

Timeline

I use VisaHQ for my visa needs. I was issued a single entry visa once in error when I needed a double entry visa, and the folks at VisaHQ informed me about it before they mailed it back to me. All they needed to know was the other destination I was going to. I said Poland, and that was it. I never had to do this before in regards to getting a double/multi entry visa (it must be a new thing). I was not married during all my trips to Belarus (my wife was just my fiancee at the time). If you need more information just PM me.

http://belarus.visahq.com/

In regards to carrying your documents with you at all times, I only carried a copy of my US passport/visa and wallet. I left all my original documents in my wife's apartment. Indeed it's a different world, but I always felt safe there (albeit I felt out of place). I had a few funny moments while I was there, like a time when an gardener from the botanical garden we visted in Minsk followed us and staring at me. I told my wife, and we went over to talk to the man. He just wanted to know if I was Chinese and ask how the taxi system works over there (I was laughing), and my wife just told him I was an American.

Good luck.

Timeline

I use VisaHQ for my visa needs. I was issued a single entry visa once in error when I needed a double entry visa, and the folks at VisaHQ informed me about it before they mailed it back to me. All they needed to know was the other destination I was going to. I said Poland, and that was it. I never had to do this before in regards to getting a double/multi entry visa (it must be a new thing). I was not married during all my trips to Belarus (my wife was just my fiancee at the time). If you need more information just PM me.

http://belarus.visahq.com/

In regards to carrying your documents with you at all times, I only carried a copy of my US passport/visa and wallet. I left all my original documents in my wife's apartment. Indeed it's a different world, but I always felt safe there (albeit I felt out of place). I had a few funny moments while I was there, like a time when an gardener from the botanical garden we visted in Minsk followed us and staring at me. I told my wife, and we went over to talk to the man. He just wanted to know if I was Chinese and ask how the taxi system works over there (I was laughing), and my wife just told him I was an American.

Good luck.

Yeah, I felt out of place too. But it will be the same when my gal comes here. But she'd traveled allot, so she want feel like I did in Minsk. You had a Gardner in counter, I think I had KGB following me I think (laughing). Of course I had to dress in my work uniform which are military, and my flight jacket. I'm a boat captain by trade, but I'm very evolved in aviation when I'm not at work. So my work uniforms I bought has my company logos on them (minus the American flag patches). Plus, the nature of my work on the boats as captain consist of allot of security training and such because we deal with allot of high hazmat cargo. There's only two people on the vessel that has access to information (which I'm not allowed to give out those people). As for me, I have allot of security things on my ID (credit cards, my name, SSN, etc), that if anyone pulls my bio information? I get a message telling me so. Then I call up my partners, and they tell me who inquired about me. Well, I guess Belarus people checked me out, because that inquiery came from out of country, and the only ties I had was my lady in Minsk. But, I pretty sure I was watched for a day or two (laughing). Don't get me wrong, I'm not no James bind or nothing like that, and I'm not no CIA by a long shot, but it is scary knowing that just because of my job and hobby of flying can be looked at in there eyes (I guess) as a big deal, and I'm just a boat captain that has a job with allot of hazors and a hobby that I can't put down and yet, I hope they never think I'm a threat. NOPE ! I'm no threat at all. For the most part, I was there in February with all that snow they had, but this time it will be greener and warmer. I can't wait to see there country without all the snow. It's a very beautifully place to be. And for the money I make over here? I can live like a millionaire over there.

Did you ever got shoved out the way by a little old lady in a grocery store by the produce section?? I did (laughing). I didn't know what the hell to do but look at here like ####### !!!! All I see is my lady laughing at this. I guess that's how they roll (laughing).

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Belarus
Timeline

I tried getting a multi entry visa, they only give me a single. Is this because that I'm not married yet to her? Or will I be able to get the multi entry after we married?

The insurance I was told by my gal is to keep those papers on me at all times. WOW, it's like another world over there.

Type of visa, single versus multiple, has nothing to do with marriage. I always had my visas serviced by VisaHQ. I mail them my passport and they do everything for me. A week later I get it back. I do not understand all this insurance and registration issues. BTW..I could be wrong, but I do not think you even need to register if you are there less than 30 days. But I never did anyway. I have gone there and stayed as long as 2 weeks and never, never had a problem. I have flown into Minsk and taken trains from Kiev.

Timeline

This is why I register, and my wife makes me do it.

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: You need a passport and a visa. You must obtain a visa in advance to visit or transit through Belarus. If you do not have a visa, you will not be able to enter the country. All U.S. citizens visiting or residing in Belarus are required to register with the local office of the Citizenship and Migration Department of the Ministry of Interior (formerly OVIR) within 5 business days of arrival. In other words, if you plan to spend only 7 days (5 working days weekend) in Belarus, you are not required to register. The registration fee is currently approximately $6 (the exact amount can be calculated by taking half of one National Minimum Tariff Unit) regardless of the duration of stay. Failure to register can result in fines and difficulties when departing. If you plan to stay at a hotel, you will be automatically registered at check-in. Registration performed by a hotel is free of charge.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1033.html

Timeline

This is why I register, and my wife makes me do it.

ENTRY / EXIT REQUIREMENTS FOR U.S. CITIZENS: You need a passport and a visa. You must obtain a visa in advance to visit or transit through Belarus. If you do not have a visa, you will not be able to enter the country. All U.S. citizens visiting or residing in Belarus are required to register with the local office of the Citizenship and Migration Department of the Ministry of Interior (formerly OVIR) within 5 business days of arrival. In other words, if you plan to spend only 7 days (5 working days weekend) in Belarus, you are not required to register. The registration fee is currently approximately $6 (the exact amount can be calculated by taking half of one National Minimum Tariff Unit) regardless of the duration of stay. Failure to register can result in fines and difficulties when departing. If you plan to stay at a hotel, you will be automatically registered at check-in. Registration performed by a hotel is free of charge.

http://travel.state.gov/travel/cis_pa_tw/cis/cis_1033.html

I know about registering with there local police. That we did 2 days after I got there. I was told that (perhaps) after we was to be married, then they probably let me have the multi entry when I apply for that after I was to be married. This is my second trip there this May. I just finished up today my visa for this second trip. Now, it's the paper chase when I get back from there to prepare the spouses visa.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Belarus
Timeline

Did you ever got shoved out the way by a little old lady in a grocery store by the produce section?? I did (laughing). I didn't know what the hell to do but look at here like ####### !!!! All I see is my lady laughing at this. I guess that's how they roll (laughing).

Happened to me, I started to laugh and everyone was staring at me finally i found a aisle no one was going down and waited for the wife to finish shopping there

Timeline

Happened to me, I started to laugh and everyone was staring at me finally i found a aisle no one was going down and waited for the wife to finish shopping there

Not me, I got envolved and started doing like they did (laughing). It was kinda fun playing "bumper people" and not getting punched in the face (laughing). I think the funniest thing that happen over there is when I finally met her mom. She seen me lots of times on Skype when my gal and I talked. Her mom has a very keen sense of humor also. Well, the minute that door opened and I seen her mom, I went up and gave that woman a big hug and a big kiss and she didnt know what to do (laughing). It was like she didn't budge and her hands was in the air (laughing) and that's when "dad" came out the room (lol), I took one look at him, and when he put his hand out to shake mine? I grabbed him, gave him the biggest hug and kissed him too (laughing). He laughed his tail off and told Lena (that's my lady) in Russian that "this dude gots balls!! And we got along ever since after that. He kept trying to talk me into going to a strip joint and go drink (of course) Voyka (laughing). I thought it was a test to see if I would have respect for my lena, so I told him " LET'S GO"! (laughing). He knew I was joking, but right now, I think he misses me more than Lena (laughing). Lena told me that I was the only guy to get him out his room and got him to joke around or to just talk (or try too with me). Mom kept cooking for me and she cooked something deferent everyday. I learned that mushroom soup is very deferent from mushroom soup from here. I had to spit it out (laughing). But she made a raspberry drink (homemade) that tasted like tea. It might of been tea for that matter, but damn it was good. Oh, they don't have no Dr. Pepper over there, and Dr. Pepper is like my coffee in the mornings. Boy when I hit Dulles airport? I drunk 3, 20 oz Dr. Peppers before my flight back to New Orlenas (lol). I can't wait to go back.

Timeline

I don't know if things have changed in the wake of the subway bombing last year, but I do know that they check for registration at the airport upon departure. I don't know what would happen now if you didn't have it.....I would not want to find out. And they will certainly ask for insurance at OVIR when you register. I also got stopped for a traffic violation last summer in Old Minsk (right turn on red....Doh!), and the first thing they asked for was passport and registration. Insurance is easy.....If you depart onto the upper level you will end up in a line at an insurance kiosk. If you deplane on the tarmac you will be directed at passport control to the second level to the insurance kiosk.

Aviator......yeah, I missed Dr. Pepper too. And iced tea.....or iced anything. Or cold anything. lol

Belarus-240-animated-flag-gifs.gifUSA-240-animated-flag-gifs.gif

Timeline

I don't know if things have changed in the wake of the subway bombing last year, but I do know that they check for registration at the airport upon departure. I don't know what would happen now if you didn't have it.....I would not want to find out. And they will certainly ask for insurance at OVIR when you register. I also got stopped for a traffic violation last summer in Old Minsk (right turn on red....Doh!), and the first thing they asked for was passport and registration. Insurance is easy.....If you depart onto the upper level you will end up in a line at an insurance kiosk. If you deplane on the tarmac you will be directed at passport control to the second level to the insurance kiosk.

Aviator......yeah, I missed Dr. Pepper too. And iced tea.....or iced anything. Or cold anything. lol

BOY THEY LIKE IT HOT OVER THERE (lol). And just about all the pop stands that suppose to be keeping the drinks cold? Is warm !! ####### !! When I found me a place that has cold coke? I guard it like a freaken snappy chawawa dog (laughing).

When I left there Feb 29th, they didn't check nothing put stamped my passport, but I did carry the insurgence, passport, and that paper after I registered with me at all times.

OH, to name a few more things that kinda threw me off, washing clothes, hanging them outside to dry (lol). I found a trick to this to get your clothes to dry faster, hang them in a closet instead. Worked for me. But in my lady's new flat she's about to move into, I told her I will buy her a washer with a dryer compo (lol). They need a bigger bath tube. Ok, this one kinda gets me gets me 50/50, you and your lady is playing around in bed (if you know what I mean) and your a few floors up, but in the building next door? They can see in your dang flat (laughing). This don't bother my gall at all, but this Cajun man likes to keep his private things private. Specially when your doing "special maneuvers" and "tricky possitions" (laughing). Took me awhile to get used of this, but after your lady gives you "that special treatment"? WHO CARE WHO'S WATCHING (laughing). I guess I'm spoiled for my conviences from the staes, but there life style kinda rubs on you after a while.

Timeline

I also got stopped for a traffic violation last summer in Old Minsk (right turn on red....Doh!), and the first thing they asked for was passport and registration.

I thought the lights turning yellow before green was really cool

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.