highlander08

Slavic, Russia /Ukraine area cultural differences.

37 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

...aaaaand how long have you been together? I'm certain that if your past exes were frigid, you wouldn't have married them in the first place. I would also surmise that some games get lost in translation or the "sex haze."

I do think that there is a much larger subset of the FSU female population that is "practical." I think American women take it as a sign of defeat/giving up if we settle for anything less than some absolute ideal of romantic love, whereas many FSU women prioritize a good father, stable income, eyes that don't wander, etc. over some idealistic notion of what "true love" is. And that is why American men do so well with them, because they can provide the promise of raising kids outside of Russia/Moldova/wherever.

I agree with this. FSU women are definitely less of the "gushy romantic" types. They will create a "pet name" for you, typical for Russians, and say "I love you" at a ratio of about 1 to 40, but they will SHOW you every day. They seem to value things that are of ...lasting value. Stability, good father, loyalty, exactly. They love it when you can build things or fix things around the house. When they are provided what they look for in a man, they will gladly provide what men look for in women. When you say that to please a man "show up naked and bring food" it is not a surprise to them. They know the score and accept it as natural.

"No political correctness" as Amy points out. What a refreshing change. One does not realize the phoniness until exposed to other cultures. No BS. Soemtimes the demeanor can be taken by Americans as "rude", it is not. It is just "no frills" :lol: Just be prepared when you ask "How was your day" You ask them, they will tell you. Americans say "Great!" and leave it at that. She will talk on the phone to her mother for 20 minutes, I ask "How is Momma" and it takes her 2 hours to tell me! #######! :lol: Just let them go.

Alla does not play games, if she is upset she will tell you NOW and tell you WHY. No guessing. :lol: OH HELL NO! No, you will not beg for sex, headaches do not seem to get in the way. :no: Not much does. And YES get your heart checked...hey you should do that anyway but you are going to need it to be in good shape. :P

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Filed: Country: Ukraine
Timeline

:blush: Well to be honest It was more lust and continued lust then married...and move in together, {I was starting to think they all read the same book on getting and controlling a man.} then the real personality came out. :help::devil:

:bonk::bonk: I should have known better after the first time, but after so long a man starts to forget and he DOES have certain needs/desires. :blush:

:ot2: But I decided to look for a lady abroad after seeing Elenas Models and reading her book about life in the fsu, and how much different women from those countries are. :thumbs::wow::yes:

Edited by highlander08

*The Family Rules*

Always tell the truth , Always argue naked,of course not in the childrens presence.and Don't go to bed angry.

Too much t.v is bad, too much reading is good! Family comes first, always be there.

Hands are for hugging not for hitting! Be thankful for what you have.. don't envy others

Have fun, be kind, ask first, no fussing, no whining., Husband adore her always- Wife love him forever

Sing silly, dance crazy, hug often, snuggle daily ,use your manners- Yes, please. No, thank you.

Use nice words, ignore dirty words Share everything except bad ideas

Say your prayers, thank God for this family.

Always be nice to strangers cuz they just might be a friend you have'nt met yet..!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

FSU women show more honest appreciation for those men who work hard to provide for their families. American women often seem to disdain men who work hard to provide, yet demand that those who do must continue to provide for them even when they are no longer holding up their end of the relationship! This sense of entitlement without appreciation is a big turn-off for me! For those of us who want nothing more than to have a close, loving family and see our own role as leader of that family and usually principal bread-winner find a good reception from FSU women! Here you are sometimes considered a 'dirty old man' if you are successful and are with an attractive somewhat younger woman! It seems to be more openly acceptable in FSU culture to see this.

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

FSU women show more honest appreciation for those men who work hard to provide for their families. American women often seem to disdain men who work hard to provide, yet demand that those who do must continue to provide for them even when they are no longer holding up their end of the relationship! This sense of entitlement without appreciation is a big turn-off for me! For those of us who want nothing more than to have a close, loving family and see our own role as leader of that family and usually principal bread-winner find a good reception from FSU women! Here you are sometimes considered a 'dirty old man' if you are successful and are with an attractive somewhat younger woman! It seems to be more openly acceptable in FSU culture to see this.

easy there tiger.

Первый блин комом.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

Culture smulture, family smamily......there is just no way a young American hottie, with a 17 year age difference, would allow me to only pay $99 to just email/talk on the phone/Skype video for three months.....then agree to meet in a foreign city with her paying her own way to get there.....and then after 10 days agree to get married.....AND.....then leave each other and stay away except the email/phone/Skype thing for 9 more months!

No way any American woman would put up with that!

My young Russian hottie did and we are happily together.....

....and yes she values our family as highest priority with the child first and then our mutual happiness next....and accepts our materialistic realities yet is always thinking of ways to better that.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Culture smulture, family smamily......there is just no way a young American hottie, with a 17 year age difference, would allow me to only pay $99 to just email/talk on the phone/Skype video for three months.....then agree to meet in a foreign city with her paying her own way to get there.....and then after 10 days agree to get married.....AND.....then leave each other and stay away except the email/phone/Skype thing for 9 more months!

....and yes she values our family as highest priority with the child first and then our mutual happiness next....and accepts our materialistic realities yet is always thinking of ways to better that.

Everyone has different stories but Baron is like many other men in his experiences. There is a distinctive difference in the way FSU women view men from their counterparts in America. Of course is sounds like generalizations but from a predominate point of view from the men in America the actions of women in our country have pushed many to seek outside the country to find a woman who appreciates the man. I fall into that category as well and I'm certain that it would have been extremely difficult if not impossible to have a woman 16 year younger than me to go out on a date, much less marry me.

I know that there are a lot of good women in America, but unfortunately they are becoming more rare. :blink:

Timeline

I would say that is dictated more by circumstances rather than culture or upbringing. I wouldn't do that because I don't have to. If where your wife was from was full of younger hot dudes looking to start a family, I doubt she would have been on an international dating site.

Edited by eekee

Первый блин комом.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

I would say that is dictated more by circumstances rather than culture or upbringing. I wouldn't do that because I don't have to. If where your wife was from was full of younger hot dudes looking to start a family, I doubt she would have been on an international dating site.

His wife was from Moscow and had her own business and was doing very well. My Alla met up with is Alla in Moscow before his Alla came here. Baron's wife may have been the most fully informed, highly qualified and successful woman to ever leave Russia for her American man.

If there are no hot Russian men in Moscow, then where would she get one?

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

His wife was from Moscow and had her own business and was doing very well. My Alla met up with is Alla in Moscow before his Alla came here. Baron's wife may have been the most fully informed, highly qualified and successful woman to ever leave Russia for her American man.

If there are no hot Russian men in Moscow, then where would she get one?

Oddly enough I found Moscow disappointing in that regard. Not a fan. I hate Moscow in general, though. I mean, I thought, "Hey, big city, it will be like NYC with more attractive/better dressed people than our so-called 'provincial' city to the North," but... nope. :(

I didn't mean that women who do sign up for international dating sites are unsuccessful professionally, but there are circumstances in their life that have led them to look elsewhere for a life partner. This site is full of people who packed up and moved for a partner they met online. I don't think that it's a situation that makes it a uniquely RUB cultural trait. Some people, like you and Alla, meet accidentally IRL. Some people are specifically looking for someone and sign up for a service.

Business success and personal success are two very different things, and there's a lot of Russian men, especially older ones, who would be threatened by a successful, independent career woman. I have had guys tell me straight up that they would never want to be with a woman who had more money than they did, for example. I don't know the personal circumstances that led to their decision to seek men elsewhere, but if you're limiting yourself to women who are putting it out there that yes, they WANT to move to be with a man, well, you're playing with a stacked deck in terms of finding someone who is willing to make that sacrifice since they've already stated they WILL.

Первый блин комом.

Timeline

I know that there are some incredible women in America, but I had never experienced anything like Sveta. Gary is exactly right, you WILL know Immediately if and why the are angry with you. But, after the storm is over, it's over. Sveta will be angry and pout a bit, but she always has a valid reason, and when satisfied that I have learnt my lesson is back to being an angel. Once they fall in love (if you are a good man!!!) they will not stray. You will NEVER force them to do ANYTHING, but if you ask, the will do it without hesitation. Another thing, Sveta asked ME what things she needed to change about herself to make me happy!!!! #######? Lol. I told her there was only 1 request (not requirement). I would like to HEAR I love you at least 1 time a day. It may be silly, but I want her to be able to express it vocally as well as physically. Sex, I won't talk about because she would be offended. She is superb in every situation and is drop dead beautiful too. just my 2 cents worth.

Timeline

I told her there was only 1 request (not requirement). I would like to HEAR I love you at least 1 time a day. It may be silly, but I want her to be able to express it vocally as well as physically.

I know what you are talking about here. Olya is the same, she has insisted that it is better she SHOWS it than SAYS it. But what is wrong with both? :unsure:

Timeline

I know what you are talking about here. Olya is the same, she has insisted that it is better she SHOWS it than SAYS it. But what is wrong with both? :unsure:

Yeah, absolutely!!!! But, I will say this much... She has been doing it. At least 1 time every day, and as much as 6 times on a few ocassions. Just like I told Sveta, when you are here and not 6000 miles away, then you can show it!!! But, you know, it's learned responses. She has never heard her mother, father or sister say it, therefore it is difficult for her to say it, but she does it and I'm proud of her!!!!

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Kenya
Timeline

I know that there are a lot of good women in America, but unfortunately they are becoming more rare. :blink:

I knew and still know many very nice single American women.....trouble was that they either just weren't interested in a steady long-lasting relationship, were only looking for younger guys, were already taken. The ones that I was "matched" up with were well used and driven hard and had a lot of other baggage. Just my experiences......not to say any bad about American women.

It just wasn't happening for me, at that time in my life, and for just $99 I could pick my "ideal" woman from an online catalog and eventually become married.....so the websites touted.

I was stupid and believed that and did that and done that.

Yeah, absolutely!!!! But, I will say this much... She has been doing it. At least 1 time every day, and as much as 6 times on a few ocassions. Just like I told Sveta, when you are here and not 6000 miles away, then you can show it!!! But, you know, it's learned responses. She has never heard her mother, father or sister say it, therefore it is difficult for her to say it, but she does it and I'm proud of her!!!!

My wife and I started using the love you words once we got the NOA2 and we both realized that our silly venture could become a reality. When we say it to each other, we both believe we mean it.

Phil (Lockport, near Chicago) and Alla (Lobnya, near Moscow)

As of Dec 7, 2009, now Zero miles apart (literally)!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.