Sofiyya

Older Wife Interview help

45 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

After telling them that our case is strong and that all of the evidence of our relationship was with my husband they admitted to her that they made an error in not reviewing our evidence. Of course by that time the petition was already sent back so it couldn't have been stopped.

Interesting that they continue to send back petitions without reviewing evidence when they've admitted that this is not good practice!

I don't think they regret doing this to people, I think they apologize when the are caught. We have seen it happen time and time again here on VJ. What my guess is that this has happened to a large number of people who don't know VJ, don't have the slightest idea on how to proceed, and end up giving up. I think they view this as successfully catching fraud marriage, and I am sure there are many times they do. Whats sad is the ones in a valid relationship that don't know how to correct this.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

• Replies 44
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

szsz if you still decide to continue with the K3 you can still add the additional information with it. Once your approved I 130 gets to the NVC they send you a letter what to send for further processing. You don't have to proceed with it until you pay the required fee. From what I read in my letters from NVC they will store it up to a year there. Also if you do continue with the K3 and the CR1 and they both arrive at the embassy the CR1 over takes the K3 but they have that I 129 petition there with your supporting evidence. From what my husband told me at the his interview even though we didn't proceed with the K3 they still had that file and all the evidence I sent with it and they did look at it, but this was in Jordan.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Thanks for mentioning that option, angel. I appreciate it. I'll wait to hear from my congressperson before deciding how to proceed, but wil take that option into consideration.

Please, can someone who already knows tell me what are the basic differences between filing for the CR1 and the K3? I hadn't considered the CR1 because I heard that the K3 was faster, and that was all I cared about. Are there any significant differences in forms to file, qualifications, financials, etc.? Sorry, I'm too exhausted to look all this up tonight.

Oh, and what's an IR1?

Edited by szsz

Timeline
szsz if you still decide to continue with the K3 you can still add the additional information with it. Once your approved I 130 gets to the NVC they send you a letter what to send for further processing. You don't have to proceed with it until you pay the required fee. From what I read in my letters from NVC they will store it up to a year there. Also if you do continue with the K3 and the CR1 and they both arrive at the embassy the CR1 over takes the K3 but they have that I 129 petition there with your supporting evidence. From what my husband told me at the his interview even though we didn't proceed with the K3 they still had that file and all the evidence I sent with it and they did look at it, but this was in Jordan.

Normally processing time at the NVC for the I-864, DS-3032, and DS-230 is approximately 3 months. Then it takes about an additional 6 weeks after to get an interview in Morocco, putting the pojected interview date at about March of 2007.

Looking at the website they are working on petitions now with the priority date of March 20, 2006. If she was to file Monday, and lets say she gets a priority date of Oct. 13, 2006. Of course we know it wouldn't happen that fast, but just for examples sake. At the rate they are approving petitions this wouldn't be reviewed until May of 2007. After that they forward it to the NVC, that takes approximately 2 weeks. They hold it at the NVC for about a week and then forward it to the consulate, which will arrive about a week later. The consulate will schedule an appointment in a month from the date received. This will put the projected interview date at about July of 2007. By the time this approved petition gets to the consulate the interview for the CR1 would already be over.

Unless I am missing something here I still don't see the point of filing the I-29F. If there is something I haven't considered please let me know.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Oh, and what's an IR1?

A CR-1 is granted when the marriage is less than two years old. You get a 2-year conditional green card. An IR-1 is for marriages more than two years old. You get a 10-year green card.

Timeline
Thanks for mentioning that option, angel. I appreciate it. I'll wait to hear from my congressperson before deciding how to proceed, but wil take that option into consideration.

Please, can someone who already knows tell me what are the basic differences between filing for the CR1 and the K3? I hadn't considered the CR1 because I heard that the K3 was faster, and that was all I cared about. Are there any significant differences in forms to file, qualifications, financials, etc.? Sorry, I'm too exhausted to look all this up tonight.

Oh, and what's an IR1?

Let me see if I can help you with this. First, an IR1 is issued to your spouse if he enters the US after their 2 year anniversary. This will automatically give the immigrant a 10 year visa. Compared to a CR1 that expires after 2 years. For the CR1 you will need to refile (not sure which form) for the 10 year visa. You and your spouse will need to again prove your relationship.

The K-3 visa is a non immigrant. It is usually faster than the CR1 but with this new Imbra thing it has slowed it down to the point where the 2 are running neck to neck. The CR1 is the better visa of the 2 because it is immigrant rather than non immigrant. Also when the immigrant comes to the US they will not need to file for a work permit, it comes with the CR1.

Whew...that out of the way, now for your process.

When the NVC gets your papers they will enter it into their system and issue it a case number. Since the consulate is in Casa the first 3 letters will be CSB. Two weeks after the notice of approval you can start calling the NVC to see if they have it. That number is:

603-334-0700

You will need your number that the USCIS gave you, but once they issue the new case number you will be using that one to track process. The NVC has no website, but they do have an automated system on their phone line that is pretty easy.

About 2 weeks after they issue the new number they will mail you the bill for the I-864 (affidavit of support) and they will mail your husband the DS-3032 (Can't remember the technical term, but basically this is to tell the NVC and consulate who is authorized to discuss the case and who to send the bill too for the DS-230), normally this is the US citizen or lawyer. You can have your husband download this form, fill it out, sign it and send it to you in advance. From there you can mail it since it takes too long from Morocco. (Just a hint, since he is mailing this to you he might as well fill out, sign, and mail the DS-230 as well)

Once they have recorded the payment for the I-864 they will mail you the application. This is basically a contract between you and the government that you agree to support your husband once he gets to the US. This is similar to the I-134 (is that right?) for the K-3.

Once they have the signed DS-3032 from your husband they will send the bill for the DS-230 (visa application) to who he assigned. Once they have recorded payment they will send the DS-230 to the same person who made the payment. He needs to sign this, so that is why I said before to fill it out, print it, and have him sign it and mail it to you early.

Once they have the I-864 and the DS-230 they will review it for completeness. If it is complete they will schedule the interview date and send you a letter. They will forward all of this too the consulate for the interview.

This is a lot to take in at one time, so don't be worried, just one step at a time.

Filed: Country: Jordan
Timeline

Normally processing time at the NVC for the I-864, DS-3032, and DS-230 is approximately 3 months. Then it takes about an additional 6 weeks after to get an interview in Morocco, putting the pojected interview date at about March of 2007.

Looking at the website they are working on petitions now with the priority date of March 20, 2006. If she was to file Monday, and lets say she gets a priority date of Oct. 13, 2006. Of course we know it wouldn't happen that fast, but just for examples sake. At the rate they are approving petitions this wouldn't be reviewed until May of 2007. After that they forward it to the NVC, that takes approximately 2 weeks. They hold it at the NVC for about a week and then forward it to the consulate, which will arrive about a week later. The consulate will schedule an appointment in a month from the date received. This will put the projected interview date at about July of 2007. By the time this approved petition gets to the consulate the interview for the CR1 would already be over.

Unless I am missing something here I still don't see the point of filing the I-29F. If there is something I haven't considered please let me know.

I agree with you about the K3/129. It should have been filed when the 1st NOA receipt was receieve for the 130. It's normally how you do a K3, but I think szsz still wants to address her concerns, but in that regard it's still her husband who has to go through the interview. Morocco is tough. I don't know if it's because so many women are applying for their fiances or husbands from there.

I am kind of glad i didn't find VJ until i was waiting for my 130 to be sent to Amman. I think after reading here I would be freaking and stressing out. :)

Edited by angelk96

Timeline
Thanks, jenn. So, if I understand correctly, if the visa isn't granted until after our two year anniversary in February; he gets an IR1 visa, no?

They base it on the day he enters the US. From what I have heard the CR1 visa is good for 6 months. Someone correct me if I am wrong about the months.

Oh, and what's an IR1?

This will give you the comparisons in a nutshell:

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/index.ph...mp;page=compare

Jen

8-30-05 Met David at a restaurant in Germany

3-28-06 David 'officially' proposed

4-26-06 I-129F mailed

9-25-06 Interview: APPROVED!

10-16-06 Flt to US, POE Detroit

11-5-06 Married

7-2-07 Green card received

9-12-08 Filed for divorce

12-5-08 Court hearing - divorce final

A great marriage is not when the "perfect couple" comes together.

It is when an imperfect couple learns to enjoy their differences.

Timeline

I agree with you about the K3/129. It should have been filed when the 1st NOA receipt was receieve for the 130. It's normally how you do a K3, but I think szsz still wants to address her concerns, but in that regard it's still her husband who has to go through the interview. Morocco is tough. I don't know if it's because so many women are applying for their fiances or husbands from there.

Interestingly the consulate complained about one of the returned cases stating that if we want them to start reviewing the applicants more efficiently at the consulate that they should be sending them more help. I guess this is their way of saying that they are understaffed, and we are their guinea pigs. This logic blows my mind. They actually create themselves more work by sending back petitions.

Filed: Other Country: Israel
Timeline

Wow! Great information everyone! Thanks so much! :thumbs:(L)

I'm beginning to feel more optimistic, but, yes, I'm still concerned about how to put our evidence forward effectively, and about overloading my poor husband, who is already frazzled, frustrated, and bewildered by our often irrational bureaucracy.

Your posts have given me a good idea where to start so I can read up on this new process. All new acronyms with all new headaches!

szsz I wish you the best of luck in whatever you decide to do!

Thanks, sis!

Edited by szsz

Filed: Country: Palestine
Timeline

You perhaps have some red flags, but you also have a lot going for your case -- you are both Muslim, you are of Arab descent yourself, you have long experience in Morocco, even I believe you mentioned you have a house there. So forewarned is forearmed -- just make sure your husband is familiar enough with the experiences of others so that he's ready to face similar questions/concerns calmly and confidently (and of course have those piles of evidence ready to present !)

My husband also does not always easily handle being questioned/doubted. I found that "practicing" him through the various possible questions/scenarios helped him feel calmer for the interview, and he was better prepared as he had thought through what he wanted to say. It's easy to get caught looking like a deer in the headlights -- so keep working with him so that he won't get flustered by any "hot button" questions.

Also, go over what the 221g means, so that he doesn't come unglued if he gets one (as is common in Morocco and all Muslim countries.) The wording is kind of scary at first glance, and can make someone freak out if they don't know how to interpret it.

Good luck, sis !

(F)

-MK

6y04dk.jpg
شارع النجمة في بيت لحم

Too bad what happened to a once thriving VJ but hardly a surprise

al Nakba 1948-2015
66 years of forced exile and dispossession

Copyright © 2015 by PalestineMyHeart. Original essays, comments by and personal photographs taken by PalestineMyHeart are the exclusive intellectual property of PalestineMyHeart and may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere in any manner without express written permission from PalestineMyHeart.

• 5 months later...
Filed: Country: Jamaica
Timeline

The topic never even came up for us. We are almost 12 years apart.

Life's just a crazy ride on a run away train

You can't go back for what you've missed

So make it count, hold on tight find a way to make it right

You only get one trip

So make it good, make it last 'cause it all flies by so fast

You only get one trip

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.