Heras

I-90 USCIS Error

3 posts in this topic

Hi everyone,

My wife just received her CR-1 visa this past month, but USCIS made an error in her name. When she was interviewed at the embassy she was asked if she wanted to take on my last name and she said yes. By saying yes they asked her to sign her CR-1 visa with my last name and her first name. The problem is that when she received her CR-1 visa it still had her birth name and last name, but was signed with my last name.

Thus the following:

We are filing a I-90 to prove it was there error, but we are having trouble with Part 3 of the application. Questions 3, 4, and 5. If someone can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

For question 3, "city of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status", I am not sure what city of residence I am required to put. It says either consulate or USCIS office, which one would apply there?

For question 4, "consulate where immigrant visa or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted", since she has a CR-1 and had never been to the U.S. prior to the process would we put the consulate where she had her interview?

For question 5, she entered the U.S. for the first time with a CR-1 after it was approved. For part a. "destination in the U.S. at time of admission", is this the city we currently live in? For part b. "port of entry where admitted to U.S.", if it was Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, do we put that or do we put the U.S. city that borders Ciudad Juarez?

Any help would be greatly appreciated! Thank you for your time!

Filed: Country:
Timeline
We are filing a I-90 to prove it was there error, but we are having trouble with Part 3 of the application. Questions 3, 4, and 5. If someone can help us it would be greatly appreciated.

Unless the actual Immigrant Visa Application document was updated to reflect her married name I wouldn't count on them accepting that they made the error, especially since the Visa was not only issued but accepted and used with her printed name being what they put on the Greencard.

What will you use to prove USCIS made the error? I ask because we used the Visa which was issued in his correct name to prove USCIS messed-up our Son's name on his Greencard.

For question 3, "city of residence where you applied for an immigrant visa or adjustment of status", I am not sure what city of residence I am required to put. It says either consulate or USCIS office, which one would apply there?

Question 4 says "Consulate or USCIS Office", not #3. Here you put the city of her residence at the time of her application for the Visa.

For question 4, "consulate where immigrant visa or USCIS office where adjustment of status was granted", since she has a CR-1 and had never been to the U.S. prior to the process would we put the consulate where she had her interview?

Yes

For question 5, she entered the U.S. for the first time with a CR-1 after it was approved. For part a. "destination in the U.S. at time of admission", is this the city we currently live in? For part b. "port of entry where admitted to U.S.", if it was Ciudad Juarez, Chihuahua, do we put that or do we put the U.S. city that borders Ciudad Juarez?

The US City that is on the Border where her Point of Entry (the Border Crossing) is located.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ireland
Timeline

** Moving from AOS from Family to CR-1 visa forum as OP is not AOSing. *****

Bye: Penguin

Me: Irish/ Swiss citizen, and now naturalised US citizen. Husband: USC; twin babies born Feb 08 in Ireland and a daughter in Feb 2010 in Arkansas who are all joint Irish/ USC. Did DCF (IR1) in 6 weeks via the Dublin, Ireland embassy and now living in Arkansas.

mod penguin.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.