freetv

Moving after filing?

3 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I was wondering if the n-400 is plagued with the same "we sent your gc to the old address" thing as aos and 751? I ask because we should be able to file in late july but would be moving right around that same time (but out of state).... it might make sense to wait but then we run into the whole "must live in the same state 3 months before filing", and we would want to file asap because there is a strong chance we will be moving overseas for a year in jan or feb (which would break residency). The point is that to this right I have to tiptoe along a small line to not mess anything up as we enter the final stage. Any thoughts or advice as I plan this out? (on a side note... it is taking about 3 to 4 months to take the oath and file for passport correct?)

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Brazil
Timeline

Hello there!

Don't worry! Go ahead and file and file the AR-11 Change of address form. I recommend doing it "on-line" it's quicker and it gives you the option to print a confirmation receipt.

The problem you had with your green card being sent to "the old address" I doubt it will happen again.

I filed my N-400 on November 27, 2011.

I moved over 100 miles away on January 10t, 2012.

I filed AR-11 on January 13, 2012

within 7 days a got a confirmation letter sent by mail to my new address saying that they received my on-line change of address form.

Then about a 4 days later I got my fingerprints notice.

When You go to your fingerprint appointment, the officer taking your prints is going to ask you if your address is still the same.

They will show all of your information on the screen and ask you to check to see if everything is correct. This would also be a good time for you to "Double Sure" that the change of address went through on-line.

lastly, when you go for your interview, the IO will ask you again to verify your address. usually they will have the original N-400 you submitted, with your old address, however in their system, it will be reflecting the new address.

Trust me, you should be fine!!!

feel free to ask me any other questions regarding this or any other thing about N-400 process, based on my experience.

Good Luck!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Don't assume submitting an AR-11 alone will update the address on the N-400. I would call to ensure the proper contact information for the N-400 after it is submitted.

--

02/27/08 - sent I-751 (remove conditions)

03/07/08 - check cleared

04/24/08 - transferred to VSC

04/25/08 - touched

08/??/08 - reschedule photo & prints

09/19/08 - photo & fingerprints

12/25/08 - touched

12/31/08 - card production ordered

06/14/11 - N-400 app sent

06/16/11 - N-400 NOA

07/07/11 - Biometrics appt.

09/07/11 - N-400 Interview

09/26/11 - Oath ceremony

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.