chikita11

Chances of getting an RFE?

6 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hello!

Today I sent in my I-129F packet. I will be going through the VSC. I am mainly concerned about getting an RFE and it delaying the process.

Proof of having met:

Joint lease with a landlady in Peru (somewhat informal document, but still signed by all three of us)

Signed letter from PeruBus saying we traveled together to a vacation spot

Stamps from my passport and 2 corresponding flight itineraries

15 photos

What are the odds of getting a RFE?

Thanks!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

Odds of RFE are 50/50. For everyone.

Misspelling something, put the wrong date, forgot to sign something, they don't think your pen is real and its a photo copy. Could be any reason at all what so ever to get an RFE.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

Hello!

Today I sent in my I-129F packet. I will be going through the VSC. I am mainly concerned about getting an RFE and it delaying the process.

Proof of having met:

Joint lease with a landlady in Peru (somewhat informal document, but still signed by all three of us)

15 photos

Thanks!

In addition to the proof of having met did you send all the other required forms as well?

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

I sent in photocopies of our evidence (in our RFE) and on the copied page of tickets, I included a photo of us in that location. Example, if you have your ticket stubs to enter the Eiffel tower, show a pic of the two of you in front of it that is unmistakably in that location.

Our RFE was a PITA but it is thankfully over now and the interview itself was a breeze.

Keep in mind that each person who looks over things has to use his or her own judgement. What one will not care about, another might have a serious peeve about. Besides, what if s/he picks up your file right after getting to work when the dog peed on the carpet, the newspaper was thrown into the kid's pool, and coffee just spilled everywhere? An RFE could be just a normal reaction of hypersensitivity to everything resulting from personal stress.

haha--BTW--one of our evidences that my honey presented at the embassy has my nationality wrong--it was a train ticket that said I was Brazilian. The guy looking at it didn't care or notice.

Edited by EminTX

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Filed: Timeline

Hello!

Proof of having met:

15 photos

Thanks!

yes i think your missing document G-325 petitioner/beneficiary your fiance need to fill out that with his/her signature in it and the passport photo petitioner/beneficiary fiance passport need to be a US passport photo. you need letter of intent petitioner/beneficiary

also maybe u want to read the guidelines here in VJ..click the exaple forms you will find it there..goodluck

Edited by takis

The longer it takes to happen the more you'll appreciate it when it does!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Hello!

Proof of having met:

15 photos

Thanks!

5 to 2. Seriously? Who knows? I have not seen the evidence. Even if I did I am not the one that decides. Hint...the time to ask is BEFORE you send it.

Do you have MORE proof of meeting in person and you did not send it? Did you send ALL the evidence of meeting in person that you have? Then sleep well, what else is there to do? If you kept some back for some strange reason I could not imagine in a million years...well at least you will have it for an RFE if it comes.

People also receive RFEs for other things besides proof of meeting so how can we predict "odds"?

Good luck. RFEs are not the end of the world. Here is how to handle it...

1. Assume the worst, you WILL get an RFE

2. Accept the consequences. A few weeks delay (maximum) to begin the rest of your life which will be forgotten 11 minutes after your fiancee arrives. It is way down on the drama list from, say, a heart attack, cancer, even a cataract. It is about in there with an in-grown toenail or a big splinter.

3. Be happy when the worst doesn't happen

You have me the love of your life, there is no reason to ever have a bad day again.

Edited by Gary and Alla

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.