eaglewest

Form I-134 Affidavit of support

4 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

Hello, everyone,

About Form I-134 Affidavit of support. Shall I send the orginal one to the embassy or only send the copied and keep the original for the day of the interview? On the packet 3 instruction it doesn't state original nor copy of the form, it only say Form I-134 Affidavit of support.

Thanks.

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Are you talking pre interview or post interview? Post interview is the only time I know of when a consulate will accept documents by mail with regards to a K-1 petition, unless the Embassy where you (the beneficiary) will interview has a very different protocol. The I-134 should be in the beneficiaries possession at the time of her/his interview. Usually copies are fine, however, they can and do ask for an original I-134.

Edited by Leatherneck

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Switzerland
Timeline

I have to make this clear. On the packet 3 instruction for my country, it said I have to return these materials before the embassy can schedule the interview.

1. Signed checklist

2. DS-230 Part I

3. I-134: Affudavit of Support

My question about form I-134 Affudavit of Support is: Will the embassy accept the copy of this form? I want to keep the original for the day of interview, since it is very important form.

Please I need your inputs.

Thanks

"Trust in the LORD with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding; in all your ways acknowledge him, and he will direct your paths." (Proverbs 3, 5-6)

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

There seems to be wide variation of requirements from consulate to consulate. The best course of action is to contact the respective consulate and inquire about their particular requirements. Your timeline indicates that you have plenty of time to research this with your consulate.

You could also post your inquiry at your regional forum, it is likely that other forum members have an understanding of your consulate's requirements.

Good luck on your visa journey.

Edited by A&B

Completed: K1/K2 (271 days) - AOS/EAD/AP (134 days) - ROC (279 days)

"Si vis amari, ama" - Seneca

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.