juntos100pre

HOW LONG BEFORE DHL DELIVERS VISA?

16 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

MY HUSBAND FINALLY HAD HIS INTERVIEW IN BOGOTA LAST WEEK, AND HE HAS REGISTERED AS REQUESTED BY THE EMBASSY TO GET UPDATES AND TRACK HIS VISA DELIVERY INFO. WE CHOSE FOR MY HUSBAND TO STAY IN BOGOTA AND PICK UP THE VISA AT THE DHL LOCATION ONCE ITS READY, BUT ITS BEEN A WEEK AND NO NEWS!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying:

SO MY QUESTION IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GOTTEN A APPROVE, HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE YOU HAD THE VISA ON HAND????? THANK

Filed: Timeline

MY HUSBAND FINALLY HAD HIS INTERVIEW IN BOGOTA LAST WEEK, AND HE HAS REGISTERED AS REQUESTED BY THE EMBASSY TO GET UPDATES AND TRACK HIS VISA DELIVERY INFO. WE CHOSE FOR MY HUSBAND TO STAY IN BOGOTA AND PICK UP THE VISA AT THE DHL LOCATION ONCE ITS READY, BUT ITS BEEN A WEEK AND NO NEWS!!! :crying::crying::crying::crying:

SO MY QUESTION IS FOR THOSE WHO HAVE GOTTEN A APPROVE, HOW MANY DAYS BEFORE YOU HAD THE VISA ON HAND????? THANK

Well that really depends on the Embassy and the timeline they have for issuing a visa. Some get it that day, some the next, ours we got two weeks later. So be patient, the worst is over now. Congrats...

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Moved from IR-1/CR-1 Process & Procedures to Mexico, Latin, & South America regional forum; return of passport with visa post interview is varies from country to country making this topic country specific.

Our journey:

Spoiler

September 2007: Met online via social networking site (MySpace); began exchanging messages.
March 26, 2009: We become a couple!
September 10, 2009: Arrived for first meeting in-person!
June 17, 2010: Arrived for second in-person meeting and start of travel together to other areas of China!
June 21, 2010: Engaged!!!
September 1, 2010: Switched course from K1 to CR-1
December 8, 2010: Wedding date set; it will be on February 18, 2011!
February 9, 2011: Depart for China
February 11, 2011: Registered for marriage in Wuhan, officially married!!!
February 18, 2011: Wedding ceremony in Shiyan!!!
April 22, 2011: Mailed I-130 to Chicago
April 28, 2011: Received NOA1 via text/email, file routed to CSC (priority date April 25th)
April 29, 2011: Updated
May 3, 2011: Received NOA1 hardcopy in mail
July 26, 2011: Received NOA2 via text/email!!!
July 30, 2011: Received NOA2 hardcopy in mail
August 8, 2011: NVC received file
September 1, 2011: NVC case number assigned
September 2, 2011: AOS invoice received, OPTIN email for EP sent
September 7, 2011: Paid AOS bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 9, 2011)
September 8, 2011: OPTIN email accepted, GZO number assigned
September 10, 2011: Emailed AOS package
September 12, 2011: IV bill invoiced
September 13, 2011: Paid IV bill (payment portal showed PAID on September 14, 2011)
September 14, 2011: Emailed IV package
October 3, 2011: Emailed checklist response (checklist generated due to typo on Form DS-230)
October 6, 2011: Case complete at NVC
November 10, 2011: Interview - APPROVED!!!
December 7, 2011: POE - Sea-Tac Airport

September 17, 2013: Mailed I-751 to CSC

September 23, 2013: Received NOA1 in mail (receipt date September 19th)

October 16, 2013: Biometrics Appointment

January 28, 2014: Production of new Green Card ordered

February 3, 2014: New Green Card received; done with USCIS until fall of 2023*

December 18, 2023:  Filed I-90 to renew Green Card

December 21, 2023:  Production of new Green Card ordered - will be seeing USCIS again every 10 years for renewal

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Colombia
Timeline

For delivery in Bogotá, it should take between 2-3 business days, if it's been more than a week he needs to start making some calls to find out what is going on.

Diana

CR-1

02/05/07 - I-130 sent to NSC

05/03/07 - NOA2

05/10/07 - NVC receives petition, case # assigned

08/08/07 - Case Complete

09/27/07 - Interview, visa granted

10/02/07 - POE

11/16/07 - Received green card and Welcome to America letter in the mail

Removing Conditions

07/06/09 - I-751 sent to CSC

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

10/01/09 - Received 10 year green card

U.S. Citizenship

03/30/11 - N-400 sent via Priority Mail w/ delivery confirmation

05/12/11 - Biometrics

07/20/11 - Interview - passed

07/20/11 - Oath ceremony - same day as interview

For delivery in Bogotá, it should take between 2-3 business days, if it's been more than a week he needs to start making some calls to find out what is going on.

Diana

Diana,

That may have happened in the past but being "on the field" right now I can tell you that the 2 to 3 day wait is not happening.... My fiancee was told that it would take 2 weeks to print and deliver the VISA in Bogota... I think it's a standard reply but it may be to cover their butts in case there are internal delays. We will see how long it takes to have those visas on hand for those of us who have been approved in the last few and the next few days.... here's hoping for 2 to 3 days (tomorrow will be our 3rd day)

Art

Timeline

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING... AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER SOME INFO, WE CALLED THE EMBASSY, DHL, THE TRACKING TEL, THE WEBSITE, AND GOT NO ANSWERS. EVERYONE SEEMS TO CARRY OUT SUCH A HIGH CONFIDENTIALITY RESPONSE AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE RESULTS........AND SO WE KEPT CALLING.........CALLING...........CALLING, AND FINALLY TODAY DHL TOLD US THAT WE SHOULD HAVE NOTICE BY MARCH 20TH, THEY STATE IT TAKES TEN DAYS..............

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO 2-3 DAYS WITHING BOGOTA???? MY HUSBAND IS STILL STAYING AT A HOTEL, WE NEVER EXPECTED IT TO BE THIS LONG......... :blink:

I FEEL AS THOUGH THE DAYS A ARE DRAGGING AND WAITING HAS FELT LIKE FOREVER...........

THANK YOU FOR REPLYING... AFTER MANY ATTEMPTS TO GATHER SOME INFO, WE CALLED THE EMBASSY, DHL, THE TRACKING TEL, THE WEBSITE, AND GOT NO ANSWERS. EVERYONE SEEMS TO CARRY OUT SUCH A HIGH CONFIDENTIALITY RESPONSE AND IT WAS IMPOSSIBLE TO HAVE RESULTS........AND SO WE KEPT CALLING.........CALLING...........CALLING, AND FINALLY TODAY DHL TOLD US THAT WE SHOULD HAVE NOTICE BY MARCH 20TH, THEY STATE IT TAKES TEN DAYS..............

WHAT EVER HAPPENED TO 2-3 DAYS WITHING BOGOTA???? MY HUSBAND IS STILL STAYING AT A HOTEL, WE NEVER EXPECTED IT TO BE THIS LONG......... :blink:

I FEEL AS THOUGH THE DAYS A ARE DRAGGING AND WAITING HAS FELT LIKE FOREVER...........

Be grateful for the VISA approval and soon you two will be together. There may be some glitches but it's worth it in the end.

Timeline

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WE JUST GOT INFO THAT THE VISA IS READY FOR PICK UP..........BUYING TICKET NOW AND HOPEFULLY TOMORROW ALL THIS WAITING WILL END...............

BEST OF LUCK AND THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

Timeline

Diana,

That may have happened in the past but being "on the field" right now I can tell you that the 2 to 3 day wait is not happening.... My fiancee was told that it would take 2 weeks to print and deliver the VISA in Bogota... I think it's a standard reply but it may be to cover their butts in case there are internal delays. We will see how long it takes to have those visas on hand for those of us who have been approved in the last few and the next few days.... here's hoping for 2 to 3 days (tomorrow will be our 3rd day)

Art

Art,

Actually that time window is based on what other members have said. On average is 2-3 business days within Bogotá and 6-10 to any other city. The embassy says two weeks to cover their butts, but it takes less than that.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Timeline

WOOOOOOOOOOOOOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!

WE JUST GOT INFO THAT THE VISA IS READY FOR PICK UP..........BUYING TICKET NOW AND HOPEFULLY TOMORROW ALL THIS WAITING WILL END...............

BEST OF LUCK AND THANKSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS

It sounds to me like someone really messed up somewheeeeeeeeere! Either DHL or the embassy itself because it's too much of a coincidence that they had it ready right after you called. :whistle:

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Colombia
Timeline

We are having the same concern, We had the interview the same day and at the same time than yours, and it's been 4 days and nothing I've been calling DHL,checking the website to see if the tracking number pups up and nothing, is starting to get very stresful I just want to get it now I understand that for you must be very frustrating knowing that your husband is at a hotel and nothing happens, hope we all get news soon this waiting is driving me crazy so I I can imagine how you feel.

Timeline

We are having the same concern, We had the interview the same day and at the same time than yours, and it's been 4 days and nothing I've been calling DHL,checking the website to see if the tracking number pups up and nothing, is starting to get very stresful I just want to get it now I understand that for you must be very frustrating knowing that your husband is at a hotel and nothing happens, hope we all get news soon this waiting is driving me crazy so I I can imagine how you feel.

WE FINALLY PICKED UP THE VISA ON FRIDAY MORNING, ALTHOUGH WE FOUND OUT LATER THAT IT HAD BEEN READY FOR PICK UP ON THURSDAY, IT TAKES AN EXTRA DAY FOR THE WEBSITE TO BE UPDATED......MY HUSBAND HAS FINALLY ARRIVED AAND WE ARE HAPPYYYYYYYY BEST OF LUCK AND HOPE BY NOW YOU HAVE SOME NEWS

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

When you are asking a question or starting a topic about ONE SPECIFIC COUNTRY, put the name of that country in the title. You'll get more opportunities to get answers from the people who actually might have the info. BTW, typing in ALL CAPS is not a good idea. It means that you are shouting or screaming. Scroll back up to reread this thread and you'll see how it looks.

Good luck in your visa adventures. (We are still waiting for visa delivery, too. But not in Colombia.)

Perú's K-1 embassy packet can be viewed in our photos.
Travel Tips for Perú (& South America)
Our Immigration Experience
Seat Guru Flight seating!
Airport Processing Times - http://awt.cbp.gov/
POE-Houston? Pictures and info.....POE-Houston (other languages)....

Attention NEW K-1 Filers: (2012) Possible 1st year costs = Possibly 3K+$ for first year including fees for mailing, documents, supplies, etc.. NOT including travel costs. Process: 1.)Apply-340$ 2.)RFE? 3.) Med-300??$ 4.)Interview-350$ 5.)Surrender passport. 6.)Get Visa. 7.)Fly here. 8.) Marry in 90 days. 9.) Submit apps to stay, work, & travel-1070$ 10.) Biometrics-More fingerprinting 11.) GREENCARD ISSUED APR 9TH, 2013-11 MONTHS FOR AOS!
I've lived in Houston for 10 years. If you have any questions about the city, please message me. :)

Timeline

When you are asking a question or starting a topic about ONE SPECIFIC COUNTRY, put the name of that country in the title. You'll get more opportunities to get answers from the people who actually might have the info. BTW, typing in ALL CAPS is not a good idea. It means that you are shouting or screaming. Scroll back up to reread this thread and you'll see how it looks.

Good luck in your visa adventures. (We are still waiting for visa delivery, too. But not in Colombia.)

Posting in the Colombia Club thread will also get a lot more responses.

Diana

CR-1

05/03/07 - NOA2

08/08/07 - Case Complete

10/02/07 - POE

Removing Conditions

08/14/09 - Biometrics

09/27/09 - Approved

U.S. Citizenship

05/12/11 - Biometrics

• 5 years later...
Filed: Other Country: Mexico
Timeline

My husband has his interview last Thursday and his visa application was issued that Friday the day after his interview and I checked today the website to check his status and it said issued still. And it's been 4 days now. When do y'all think he will get it

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.