Loueikun

Seatbelt Adjusting Silent Treatment :)

9 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: China
Timeline

Well my wife is used to driving her car in China and her family not wear seatbelts. Well I noticed her Nissan Tida did not have any seatbelt alarm. So I guess the Chinese can get the alarms disabled from the factory due to Chinese culture of not wearing seatbelts. And yeah I got stares wearing seatbelt anyway while the rest of the family didnt.

Now that she is here and I am glad I have a car that sets off a non-stop loud alarm when any passenger does not wear seatbelts :) so I do not have to remind her or ask her. yet she is still uncomfortable with wearing it, but she cant stand the sound and light flashing.

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: England
Timeline

This made me laugh, as I'm the type who doesn't like to be rushed to put my seatbelt on. I like to sit and get comfortable for a few miles before putting my seatbelt on and in our mini van, the alarm would go off 4-5 times in those miles. I don't mind the alarm, but I think it's a bit obnoxious. It wasn't too hard to find the 'code' to turn it off on google. It was something like buckle and unbuckle the seatbelt 9 times within 30 seconds, and to turn it back on you do the same thing again. The little man still blinks but no alarm!

It's funny how this varies every place you go. Here in PA, it's a law to wear your seatbelt but it's very rarely enforced unless pulled over for other offenses. But in England, we were once pulled over because the officer thought, I, the passenger, didn't have my seatbelt on. He wanted to give be a ticket. He was pretty embarrassed when he came to my door and noticed I had it on all along, he tried to lecture me like I wasn't wearing it right cause he didn't see it. Quite amusing in the end.

flag45.gif Damian & Kelly 1502.gif

Rugby, England >> Harrisburg, PA.

Summer 2005 -- Met on Pokerstars.com

June 15th, 2006 -- Met in Person

Feb 1st, 2008 -- Filed I-129F

May 2nd, 2008 -- Visa Interview = Approved. (91days)

May 27th, 2008 -- Damian moves to America!

July 23rd - 30th, 2008 -- Damian's Mum Comes to the US for our wedding.

July 25th, 2008 -- Wedding Day!

March 16th, 2009 -- AOS Sent

May 8th, 2009 -- EAD & AP Approved (51days)

July 14th, 2009 -- AOS Approved!! (118days)

July 21st, 2009 -- Green Card Received (125days)

No RFEs the whole process :) All done myself.

December 4th - 30th, 2009 -- Visited England

April 8th - 30th, 2010 -- Damian's Brother visits us here in PA.

January 19th, 2010 -- Damian got his PA license.

December 10th - 19th, 2010 -- Visited England

September 16th - 30th, 2011 -- Damian's Parents came to visit us here in PA.

June 1st, 2011 -- Mailed ROC to Vermont.

February 21st, 2012 -- 10 Year Green Card Received

April 14th, 2012 -- N-400 Sent to Dallas Lockbox

November 26th, 2012 – Damian Became a US Citizen!!!

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

A couple of observations that I have made:

1) Public safety is not always a high priority in China

2) Rules and regulations are not always a high priority in China

So now she is faced with a public safety law :wacko:

Just tell her that since we don't have the traffic issues that China does our average speed of travel is higher and therefore seat belts are important to keep us safe (let me know if she rolls her eyes):rofl:

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Well my wife is used to driving her car in China and her family not wear seatbelts. Well I noticed her Nissan Tida did not have any seatbelt alarm. So I guess the Chinese can get the alarms disabled from the factory due to Chinese culture of not wearing seatbelts. And yeah I got stares wearing seatbelt anyway while the rest of the family didnt.

Now that she is here and I am glad I have a car that sets off a non-stop loud alarm when any passenger does not wear seatbelts :) so I do not have to remind her or ask her. yet she is still uncomfortable with wearing it, but she cant stand the sound and light flashing.

a lot of times in china, people put that little metal part(without the actual belt) of the seat belt into the buckle to fool the sensor into thinking that the seat belt in buckled.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

this is an excellent opportunity to have a new, custom designed, seat harness made.

Think of 4 point safety, NasCar-inspired.

Then put some purple paisley cloth on the outside of it.

She'll think she's special, as no one else has this.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

I like the nascar seat belt idea. My wife is up my *** for not wearing mine.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

bigdog, if you were a paisley 4 point safety harness in yer vehicle, I want a photo of same.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Brazil
Timeline

might want to point out that 1 - not wearing it is a ticketable offense and 2 - said tickets make for higher insurance.

* ~ * Charles * ~ *

I carry a gun because a cop is too heavy.

USE THE REPORT BUTTON INSTEAD OF MESSAGING A MODERATOR!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.