evelyn1140

Moving to Turkey.... I need advise

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband is in administrative processing in Ankara. He has been in AP for 1 month. 1 week before my husband started telling me he wanted me to move to turkey until the process finished. Today, we had a big argument because he want me to move there right away. I been telling him I need to speak with my boss ( I have work) and my apartment. I told him if he could wait until April since I have vacation then I can go to turkey. I don't want to leave everything behind and then start all over again. (since jobs are difficult to find)

He said to me he does not care about my job or apartment. He wants me there, he said to me. I want to have a marriage life. However I feel so bad to leave my job, my apartment and my son( he is 16). He does not understand me. I don't know what else to do. God why they don't hurry and finished this process. I am in tears writing this :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

Evelyn, You must try to explain to him that you are securing your future in the usa by having a job and a place to live.

Please tell him that probably 85% of cases are done with AP by 2 months

Tell him to just hang on a little longer

Make your vacation in April... but he will probably be done in less than a month

Make sure your plane ticket can transfer to his name for his flight home!

May 24, 2011 NOA1

Sept 11, 2011 NOA2-took 19 days to get case number

Sept 30, 2011 NVC number and IIN received Friday-gotta wait till Monday

Oct 13, 2011 Case Completed- 13 days from receiving case number Took 32 days from NOA2

Nov 30, 2011 Notified of Interview date

January 19, 2012 Interview- 240 days from NOA1

INTERVIEW RESULTS-APPROVED WITH 14 WEEKS AP--but he got his visa in 56 days!!!!!!

PLEASE EDIT YOUR TIMELINE IN YOUR PROFILE SO OTHERS CAN LEARN HOW LONG EACH STEP TAKES IN THIS PROCESS

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: India
Timeline

Sorry to hear that!

Please assure him that you really care him, and April is not that far either. I hope that this AP will be over soon for you guys.

Dont worry! Things will be fine! Please don't make instant plan since you have alot of responsibilities.

XrVRp5.png

Timeline

Evelyn, You must try to explain to him that you are securing your future in the usa by having a job and a place to live.

Please tell him that probably 85% of cases are done with AP by 2 months

Tell him to just hang on a little longer

Make your vacation in April... but he will probably be done in less than a month

Make sure your plane ticket can transfer to his name for his flight home!

I am being trying to explain to him. He is telling, He is getting sick physically because of the stress of having me here. I will pray to God give me the strength.I don't want to lose him.

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: Lift. Cond. (apr) Country: China
Timeline

Have him share his woes here on VJ and see others in the same, boat. He will get through this, keep your job and apt. Visit on vacation, hang in there.

In Arizona its hot hot hot.

http://www.uscis.gov/dateCalculator.html

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

I always try to remember "If you have a short term problem, you don't need a long term solution" AP is temporary, but your job, home and son are long term. Keep the goal in sight.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

How would your son feel about you moving? Is your husband aware of your responsibility when it comes to being a mother? I'm the alien, and would've never asked my husband to move away from his son unless his son was living on his own and it was a mutual decision.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

Click timeline or "about me" for all details.

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Timeline

How would your son feel about you moving? Is your husband aware of your responsibility when it comes to being a mother? I'm the alien, and would've never asked my husband to move away from his son unless his son was living on his own and it was a mutual decision.

My son lives with my mother(2 blocks away)from where I live. I told my husband about it he said since I barely see him ( usually I see him once a week) It would not be a problem. I am so heartbroken

jkshrmfeqk.png

ooOcm7.png

event.png

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Denmark
Timeline

My own personal opinion is that your husband needs you because he misses you. But he has to add your son to the equation no matter how often or rare you see him now. Moving now, then re-locating yourself later on and adding your husband to it is really something I'd think twice about to not add that extra stress unless it's an absolute necessity to move. Before that, a vacation seems to be most logical to at least make up for lost time and just being stuck in a process. I haven't been in AP myself but I understand it's hard on the beneficiary to not know if they'll have to up and leave in a week or half a year.

K1 process, October 2010 > POE, July 2011

I-129F approved in 180 days from NOA1 date. (195 days from filing to NOA2 in hand)

Interview took 224 days from I-129F NOA1 date. (241 days from filing petition until visa in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until POE: 285 days

AOS process, December 2011 > July 2012

EAD/AP Approval took 51 days from NOA1 date to email update. (77 days from filing until EAD/AP in hand)

AOS Approval took 206 days from NOA1 date to email update. (231 days from filing until greencard in hand)

From filing I-129F petition until greencard in hand: 655 days

Filed: Country: Turkey
Timeline

My husband is in administrative processing in Ankara. He has been in AP for 1 month. 1 week before my husband started telling me he wanted me to move to turkey until the process finished. Today, we had a big argument because he want me to move there right away. I been telling him I need to speak with my boss ( I have work) and my apartment. I told him if he could wait until April since I have vacation then I can go to turkey. I don't want to leave everything behind and then start all over again. (since jobs are difficult to find)

He said to me he does not care about my job or apartment. He wants me there, he said to me. I want to have a marriage life. However I feel so bad to leave my job, my apartment and my son( he is 16). He does not understand me. I don't know what else to do. God why they don't hurry and finished this process. I am in tears writing this :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying: :crying:

Sweet Evelyn, I have been ın your shoes and I dıd quıt my job and come to Turkey to stay wıth my husband untıl we got the vısa. It was a terrıble mıstake and my husband now agrees wıth me that ıt was a mıstake. He also dıd not care about my job or my house, but he has grown up ın the past year and a half and he now realızes that I would never make ıt ın Turkey and the marrıage would probably end because I was so bored and lost ın Turkey. I love vısıtıng here, but we have a better future ın Amerıca.

You know ın your heart that ıf your husband truly loves you, he wıll hang ın there a lıttle longer. I do not belıeve thıs AP wıll last much longer. He wıll hear somethıng any day now.

Please gırl, lead wıth your braın thıs tıme, not your heart. Remember I already dıd what you are about to do. I know how you feel.

Edited by Dumb/Dumber

NOA 1 November 15, 2010

NOA 2 August 25, 2011

Closed NVC Ocotber 11, 2011

Interview Date: January 12,2012

Thank you my wonderful God in Heaven.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

AP only 1 month? I say re-evaluate any decision to move to Turkey, after being in AP for 10 months.

Don't make the decision today, or this week, or the next, to move to Turkey.

He feels (rightly) that his life is on hold without you by his side - but he's shortsided, for the nonce.

Sure, make your planned, scheduled vacation trip in April, but only for a visit.

The end game - him to move to USA and live with you - will be short-circuited, put to an end,

if you lose your job and apartment after moving to Turkey for more than 4 months.

IMO, this 'trial' of AP will test the mettle of your relationship, much. Just because 'he says' is not a reason to jump, IMO,

unless you've got 100K in liquid assets to play with.

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.