melondonkey

Full Data Set

6 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Russia
Timeline

Hello, I'm new to the forum and found this place through Yahoo! answers looking for processing time information. I have a Russian fiancee and am waiting for I-129f approval. The data on this site is great and better at answering question than USCIS's site, but as a statistician it would really be fun to have the full data set to work with to understand processing time averages. Some interesting things to know, for example, would be how long requests for additional information delay the process. What is the average processing time for applications without additional requests? Additionally, looking at the standard deviation for the averages together with the distribution could give an idea of how close to the average the application is likely to be. For example if the average is 50 days, it doesn't tell us much if half the applications took 25 days and half took 75 days.

If it's available it would be cool to have. But in the end you kind of just have to wait and be patient. I wish everyone the best with their applications.

Hello, I'm new to the forum and found this place through Yahoo! answers looking for processing time information. I have a Russian fiancee and am waiting for I-129f approval. The data on this site is great and better at answering question than USCIS's site, but as a statistician it would really be fun to have the full data set to work with to understand processing time averages. Some interesting things to know, for example, would be how long requests for additional information delay the process. What is the average processing time for applications without additional requests? Additionally, looking at the standard deviation for the averages together with the distribution could give an idea of how close to the average the application is likely to be. For example if the average is 50 days, it doesn't tell us much if half the applications took 25 days and half took 75 days.

If it's available it would be cool to have. But in the end you kind of just have to wait and be patient. I wish everyone the best with their applications.

Actually the USCIS processes those petitions via high speed state of the art technology. Here's a peek inside the Vermont Service Center where an adjudicator is processing a 129F right now:

Univac_1.charles_collingwood.1952.102645279.lg.jpg

Edited by brian_n_phuong

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: China
Timeline

hey - welcome aboard ! take a closer look at the timelines, from a pc, when you have time. [train yer eyeballs up, click on timelines]

Sometimes my language usage seems confusing - please feel free to 'read it twice', just in case !
Ya know, you can find the answer to your question with the advanced search tool, when using a PC? Ditch the handphone, come back later on a PC, and try again.

-=-=-=-=-=R E A D ! ! !=-=-=-=-=-

Whoa Nelly ! Want NVC Info? see http://www.visajourney.com/wiki/index.php/NVC_Process

Congratulations on your approval ! We All Applaud your accomplishment with Most Wonderful Kissies !

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

I'd consider any statistics produced from it to be good for entertainment purposes only. It contains only data provided voluntarily by VJ members, which means it's comprised largely of do-it-yourself types who happen to find this site, rather than a fair cross section of the total. The information each record contains isn't collected in one sitting, but over an extended period of time, which means it relies on members to update their timeline whenever a milestone event occurs, and also to update it accurately. Some members simply don't come back and update their timeline. Others update it weeks or months after the milestone occurs, which skews the data for the period of time between the actual milestone date and the update date. Some members don't provide information for every milestone - I've seen members who mention RFE's in their signature but have no RFE's in the their timeline, for example. Perhaps the worst anomaly is incorrectly entered dates. I've seen more than a few that had impossible dates because they were chronologically reversed (they switched the month and day, for example). I've also seen some where the member just didn't get it - for example, the beneficiary failed the K1 interview so they married and filed for a CR1, but the member went ahead and entered a wedding date on the K1 timeline. That sort of thing. You'd have to be very careful which records you trusted when compiling your stats.

Anyway, I'm sure the admins aren't going to give you a copy of the database, at least not as an SQL dump. It contains personal information such as the member's email address. However, if you're any good at coding then I'm sure you could mine the publicly accessible data with a script.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Actually the USCIS processes those petitions via high speed state of the art technology. Here's a peek inside the Vermont Service Center where an adjudicator is processing a 129F right now:

Univac_1.charles_collingwood.1952.102645279.lg.jpg

:rofl: Yes, they started your petition 3-6 months ago and should be printing out approval any time now...

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.