Chris & Anna

Biggest surprises

36 posts in this topic

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ukraine
Timeline

Terrific AND gorgeous

:thumbs:

Never forget that 90% of the good fish to catch are in 2% of the ocean. The rest is just a bunch of emptiness

VERMONT! I Reject Your Reality...and Substitute My Own!

Gary And Alla

Timeline

Do I know what Kira finds/found surprising in this country? Not really seeing how the little Bolshevik would never ever admit to anything in the US being better than in Belarus. I'm sure she's told her friends and family though whats better here and what's not...or what she found "surprising", but she would never tell me unless it was the negatives here. She's good for that.

I am a bit surprised at that, Kip. While Alla is not going to be taking any jobs at the Chamber of Commerce, she has softened greatly on her "Everything is better in Ukraine" stance. She couldn;t wait to get her US citizenship filed, when she came she said she was not going to be a citizen! she has lost a LOT of interest in spending time in Ukraine, she is GLAD all her children will be in the USA after june of this year...very relieved actually, she is anxious to bring her mother here and overall I think she would admit to anyone her life is better here, if only marginally or in certain areas, not all. She admits it to me but usually needs a glass a wine to do it.

Honestly I did not expect her to say bad things about Ukraine, I don't. I would be very pleased if she likes both places. I am just glad we have both places in our life. I consider my life to be about 10 clicks more interesting than most people's due to the influence of my foreign wife.

Gary And Alla

I am a bit surprised at that, Kip. While Alla is not going to be taking any jobs at the Chamber of Commerce, she has softened greatly on her "Everything is better in Ukraine" stance. She couldn;t wait to get her US citizenship filed, when she came she said she was not going to be a citizen! she has lost a LOT of interest in spending time in Ukraine, she is GLAD all her children will be in the USA after june of this year...very relieved actually, she is anxious to bring her mother here and overall I think she would admit to anyone her life is better here, if only marginally or in certain areas, not all. She admits it to me but usually needs a glass a wine to do it.

Honestly I did not expect her to say bad things about Ukraine, I don't. I would be very pleased if she likes both places. I am just glad we have both places in our life. I consider my life to be about 10 clicks more interesting than most people's due to the influence of my foreign wife.

Allah has been here longer and not stuck in this ####### hole village where we are presently living. Kira knows what's what, but she won't give in. Give her time. She will never move back to Belarus...not after what she's seen and done here, but when we have company over that ask her questions about what Belarus is like, she makes it out to be some kind of hidden paradise. I have to bite my tongue every time. I mean Iv'e been there enough times to know what Belarus is like, and she knows that but she continues to bs our guest and my family.

sigbet.jpg

"I want to take this opportunity to mention how thankful I am for an Obama re-election. The choice was clear. We cannot live in a country that treats homosexuals and women as second class citizens. Homosexuals deserve all of the rights and benefits of marriage that heterosexuals receive. Women deserve to be treated with respect and their salaries should not depend on their gender, but their quality of work. I am also thankful that the great, progressive state of California once again voted for the correct President. America is moving forward, and the direction is a positive one."

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Russia
Timeline

Yes, I think when you are looking for someone who doesn't fit the "norm" for your culture, you widen your search. Perhaps there was a woman in America who would have met my standards, but I happened to find mine in Russia.

The way this is worded, seems to imply that you were looking only for a gorgeous woman...

Terrific AND gorgeous

Timeline

Allah has been here longer and not stuck in this ####### hole village where we are presently living. Kira knows what's what, but she won't give in. Give her time. She will never move back to Belarus...not after what she's seen and done here, but when we have company over that ask her questions about what Belarus is like, she makes it out to be some kind of hidden paradise. I have to bite my tongue every time. I mean Iv'e been there enough times to know what Belarus is like, and she knows that but she continues to bs our guest and my family.

I think Alla would not be here anymore if we still lived on the island. I told her that was a bad idea but she wanted to try it. Too far from everything but she says it was a great place on weekends in the summer.

There are a lot of great things about Ukraine and no it is not the same as here and I think people let themselves in for disappointment when they expect Ukraine to be like the USA or expect some little town in Missouri to be the same as their suburb of LA or whatever. The travel opportuniteis I have had because of my work and my wife are just tremendous and now they will be even better. Now she can get off the plane in Munich or Amsterdam and with planning it is so easy and cheap to do for a couple days coming and going to Ukraine.

I guess we all tend to see things through rose colored glasses with time. But it is interesting that the usual reaction to the USA from RUB women is not that they just could not wait to get here for a green card. :lol:

Gary And Alla

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.