Iyawo_Omo_Yoruba

Husband denied, pending USCIS decision

77 posts in this topic

to tell u the truth it doesnt really matter age or anything in front of a consul i had my interview on March 5 2012 im 29 and my husband is 32 we were denied under 2 sections first beccause i divorced and remarry whithin 2 months being separated and divorced under Abandoment for 4 years from my ex i traveled more than 2 times a year and stil that wasnt enough for the consul the other was false materials that we presented which at no time we done but then again its based on luck i wasnt ask to show proof i was just degraded and that is why i am going to fight this battle to the end there r so many people that get away with Fraud and the ones that r really togeter for love gets denied but only if u give up which i am not even if i have to move to where my SI lives i will but no way will i let a decisiom from a consul take away all i worked for and my happiness

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Malaysia
Timeline

So we are to be denied because this process has sucked every last bit of money, and I cannot afford to go back over?

I am speechless, (well not really but I refuse to voice my actual opinion here)

Honey keep your head up. My husband is from my nigeria but he is currently an international student in another country. I am 13 yrs older and I am staying prayed up, I know God will see us through because it's true love. I spent 2 months with him when I vacationed from work but I can't take another trip right now and neither are we able to afford it right now but God will see us through, I know he will because I am a firm believer in his word. Try again and again if you must. You have all the leverage you need.

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Honey keep your head up. My husband is from my nigeria but he is currently an international student in another country. I am 13 yrs older and I am staying prayed up, I know God will see us through because it's true love. I spent 2 months with him when I vacationed from work but I can't take another trip right now and neither are we able to afford it right now but God will see us through, I know he will because I am a firm believer in his word. Try again and again if you must. You have all the leverage you need.

I get irritated when all people say is God.. prayer without work is nothing.. ok.. you need to do the work and then pray for the labor you do be blessed and favored... do you think people that go approve did not pray? but i tell you they make all the paper work and sacrifices needed. do you think people that got denied because they have suspect/false documents do not pray? This journey is not easy, so why leave your self open to setback.. so if the CO says we deny you cuz you did not make another trip.. you will then go home and wish you had made that trip or be willing to trade that trip for anything at that point? i understand times are hard and money is not easy, but if things are very tough now and you can't make trip, how can you show support on the I-134 then. so why not make that trip now and pray God sees you effort and makes it all worthwhile at the end... is it an evil spirit that resides in all COs?

Edited by favored
Civ4UrA.jpgCiv4m5.png

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

to tell u the truth it doesnt really matter age or anything in front of a consul i had my interview on March 5 2012 im 29 and my husband is 32 we were denied under 2 sections first beccause i divorced and remarry whithin 2 months being separated and divorced under Abandoment for 4 years from my ex i traveled more than 2 times a year and stil that wasnt enough for the consul the other was false materials that we presented which at no time we done but then again its based on luck i wasnt ask to show proof i was just degraded and that is why i am going to fight this battle to the end there r so many people that get away with Fraud and the ones that r really togeter for love gets denied but only if u give up which i am not even if i have to move to where my SI lives i will but no way will i let a decisiom from a consul take away all i worked for and my happiness

Nope. You were denied for lack of punctuation. :no:

Just kidding...

Age doesn't matter at some consulates, but it's a very big deal at some others. It depends very much on what would be considered socially acceptable in the beneficiary's country. In many cultures the primary purpose of marriage is to produce a family. In those cultures it would be unusual for a woman to enter a marriage if she was nearing the end of her child bearing years.

Also, in some cultures it's considered unusual for someone to marry outside of their race, religion, or social group. The couple might be subjected to persecution or ridicule.

Neither one of these is proof positive that the relationship is a sham, but they do cause a consular officer to wonder if the relationship would exist if immigration was not a factor. Would the beneficiary be as willing to break those cultural taboos if they were going to continue to live in that country? A consular officer in Lagos would usually conclude that they would not, and they'd deny the visa.

12/15/2009 - K1 Visa Interview - APPROVED!

12/29/2009 - Married in Oakland, CA!

08/18/2010 - AOS Interview - APPROVED!

05/01/2013 - Removal of Conditions - APPROVED!

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Vietnam
Timeline

My husband is 12 years my junior.

I am a permanent US resident, filed the I-130, husband went for his interview which lasted all of 5 minutes and the man recommended our case be closed, verbally stating to my husband, it is their belief that with the age difference it is for relocating purposes only. He claimed we had no proof of relationship.

This could be the problem too right OP is not a US citizen but a green card holder?

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

This could be the problem too right OP is not a US citizen but a green card holder?

No... Because she corrected herself a couple of posts later, she is a citizen

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Bolivia
Timeline

If you keep reading below, you will see OP clarified she is a US citizen...

REMOVAL OF CONDITIONS

01-18-2012 : Sent I-751 Package

01-22-2012 : Delivered California Service Center

01-24-2012 : Check cashed! Yayyy

01-30-2012 : Received ASC letter... Dated 01-27

02-08-2012 : Got Extension Stamp (Passport) Expires 02-07-2013

02-24-2012 : Biometrics Appt.

06-13-2012 : Got my 10 years greencard. Yeah baby!!!

NATURALIZATION

01-15-2013 : Eligible to file

07-05-2013 : Sent package to Phoenix Lockbox

07-11-2013 : Check cashed

07-15-2013 : NOA

07-30-2013 : Biometrics done

08-09-2013 : Interview letter

09-10-2013 : Interview!! PASSED!

11-22-2013 : Oath Ceremony - I AM A CITIZEN OF UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!!

xmzGm6.png6r3Fm6.pngan1cOKikw2B0010MjAwMzNsfDU4MDM4NjQ1amF8U

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Nigeria
Timeline

Don't give up too quick. There are times you can fly to Nigeria that aren't too bad like NOW. I just flew there from JFK to Lagos for $795.00. Way betther that the 1300.00 I will be paying over the summer! I've flown twice now with Arik Air.

I feel for your husband because the interviewer who spoke with my husband was not kind. Asked very few questions and didn't look at any of the extra evidence my husband (then fiance) had brought with him. We are not giving up and this time I am sending in a ton of stuff, not for the US but for the consulate in Lagos!!!

Timeline

Ok so u really need to make another visit. One visit is not good enough whereas you are husband and wife. Also you need to show proof of joint ownership if possible. Think of things that you could put his name on as well. They will send it back, and will ask for more proof. Get a joint bank account in his country if you could. If you could put him on your lease, insurance, benificiary would help as well. I am in contact with others on here where the ages are man 24 and wife 52 and another man 28 and wife 55?. USCIS is asking for more proof to make sure the relationship is bona fide. Most important please make sure your name has changed whereas you now carry your husbands last name. Hope some of this helps.

TracyJo

Timeline

@ Renee, I have added him everywhere I could without a SSN, my name has been changed everywhere, all that evidence was submitted with our paperwork. The man said we had enough proof, no additional evidence was needed, the paperwork was complete.

Don't give up too quick. There are times you can fly to Nigeria that aren't too bad like NOW. I just flew there from JFK to Lagos for $795.00. Way betther that the 1300.00 I will be paying over the summer! I've flown twice now with Arik Air.

I feel for your husband because the interviewer who spoke with my husband was not kind. Asked very few questions and didn't look at any of the extra evidence my husband (then fiance) had brought with him. We are not giving up and this time I am sending in a ton of stuff, not for the US but for the consulate in Lagos!!!

TracyJo

Timeline

AlexBa Makes me wonder if the same man interviewed both our husbands. This man was rude, in my opinion. I am not giving up, it's just not a place I wish to be right now. I hired an attorney who, to say the least, did not advise me well and was misleading!

TracyJo

Timeline

@Babygurl Thanks for the suggestions, trust me when I say I am sitting here trying to come up with a way to get over there. I have a few things up my sleeves, such as visiting the Consulate while I am there. This was recommended to me by a dear friend.

TracyJo

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.