Together4ever

Info from Cairo Consulate

20 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I received an email from the Cairo Consulate stating the following for anyone who is dealing with them right now and might need to know:

The Consular Section will be closed effective October 5, 2006 until October 8, 2006. The Embassy will be opened to public effective October 9, 2006.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Jordan
Timeline
I received an email from the Cairo Consulate stating the following for anyone who is dealing with them right now and might need to know:

The Consular Section will be closed effective October 5, 2006 until October 8, 2006. The Embassy will be opened to public effective October 9, 2006.

On a completly seperate note, my company has world wide offices and almost all of them are closed during this time or at least one of the days mentioned above. Sorry...just daydreaming about a day off. :lol:

~jordanian_princess~

October 19, 2006 - Interview! No Visa yet....on A/Psigns038.gif

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Timeline
Hmmm... Maybe I should call in to work tomorrow and say "sorry the consulate is closed so I can't work today" and see how confounded that leaves my boss and for how long.

I'm out of sick days so I will just call in dead. :dead:

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

*whispers*... I thought you were pretending

This is very bizarre. As I'm sitting here I keep getting these automated emails from the Cairo Embassy. The last one said "Our offices will be closed for administrative purposes 9/28 and 9/29. Ahem... isn't today 10/4? Or am I in the wrong dimension again...

The biggest reason this is bizarre is that out of the last 5 emails I've sent over many weeks, I received 2 replies. Now I hit the motherload of useless responses. I can take a hint. No more inquiries. I will go back to pretending to be a mushroom. *sets out the orange warning cones*

Timeline
*whispers*... I thought you were pretending

This is very bizarre. As I'm sitting here I keep getting these automated emails from the Cairo Embassy. The last one said "Our offices will be closed for administrative purposes 9/28 and 9/29. Ahem... isn't today 10/4? Or am I in the wrong dimension again...

The biggest reason this is bizarre is that out of the last 5 emails I've sent over many weeks, I received 2 replies. Now I hit the motherload of useless responses. I can take a hint. No more inquiries. I will go back to pretending to be a mushroom. *sets out the orange warning cones*

Despite all of Ammans warnings to leave them alone, I was relentless. :lol: I think they moved my date up because they were sick of me. :D

~jordanian_princess~

ticker.png

Jordanian Cat

jordaniancat.jpg

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Egypt
Timeline

Hi jean

well I think they are closed beacuse it's national holiday in Egypt it's 6th October war memory that's why it's off days every where in Cairo ..the funny thing they are off in Egyptian and American holidays!!!

AOS JOURNEY:

===========

2007- April -25: AOS SENT AND FILED

2007- April -27:AOS package delivered

2007- May -05: NOA1 recieved in Mail

2007- May -23: Biometrics Appointment @ 9 Am

2007- May -15: RFE recieved

2007- June-05:RFE paper sent

2007- June-08: RFE recieved

2007- August- 08 : Interview at 10 A.M

2007- october- 04 :Card production ordered

2007-october- 05: Welcome letter recieved in mail

2007-october-11 : Approval notice sent

Hi jean

well I think they are closed beacuse it's national holiday in Egypt it's 6th October war memory that's why it's off days every where in Cairo ..the funny thing they are off in Egyptian and American holidays!!!

Yep. Stupid me. I should have remembered that. I had to sit through an entire day of movies dedicated to the holiday with Mohammed while he chattered away about every little nuance of the history until I was completely buggy from it. HOW I could forget is beyond me. lol Maybe its post traumatic shock syndrome... *cough*

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
the funny thing they are off in Egyptian and American holidays!!!

All US Consulates recognize American and local holidays. The Consulate in Casablanca is closed for American and Moroccan holidays too.

Me -.us Her -.ma

------------------------

I-129F NOA1: 8 Dec 2003

Interview Date: 13 July 2004 Approved!

US Arrival: 04 Oct 2004 We're here!

Wedding: 15 November 2004, Maui

AOS & EAD Sent: 23 Dec 2004

AOS approved!: 12 July 2005

Residency card received!: 4 Aug 2005

I-751 NOA1 dated 02 May 2007

I-751 biometrics appt. 29 May 2007

10 year green card received! 11 June 2007

Our son Michael is born!: 18 Aug 2007

Apply for US Citizenship: 14 July 2008

N-400 NOA1: 15 July 2008

Check cashed: 17 July 2008

Our son Michael is one year old!: 18 Aug 2008

N-400 biometrics: 19 Aug 2008

N-400 interview: 18 Nov 2008 Passed!

Our daughter Emmy is born!: 23 Dec 2008

Oath ceremony: 29 Jan 2009 Complete! Woo-hoo no more USCIS!

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
I looked up the holidays on the consulate website for this year. Turns out we picked the right day to be married. The consulate was closed Jan. 7 for Coptic Christmas, open on the 8th (our wedding day), then closed the 9th-11th for Eid al Adha.

When is Eid al Adha this year? Same dates?

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline
Eid al Adha will be Dec. 30-Jan. 1 this year inshallah.

What day are you leaving for Egypt? I left the 26th of Dec. last year.

I'm leaving 8pm Christmas night. I'll spend the morning and afternoon with the kiddies and then their dad will pick them and me up and drive me to the airport. funny how my ex is driving me so that I can go get married. :lol::lol: We have a pretty cool relationship that way and....his wife...the woman he left me for , will be there toooooooooooooooooooo! lol :lol:

Anyways I'm psyched that it will be Dec 20-Jan 1 since Usama kept saying he hopes hopes hopes that I'll be able to see the festivities there. I have no idea what he means since like....aren't those festivities in Mecca? :unsure: Anyway I'm sure it will be fun. :thumbs:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.