Sarah B

Sending I-751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hi again,

What's the best way to mail the package? What service do you all recommend?

Thanks!

Working in Turkmenistan, spouse is with me. 

Dealing with the NVC process...

Check out Timeline for questions :D

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Canada
Timeline

USPS.

-------------------------------------------- as1cE-a0g410010MjgybHN8MDA5Njk4c3xNYXJyaWVkIGZvcg.gif

Your I-129f was approved in 5 days from your NOA1 date.

Your interview took 67 days from your I-129F NOA1 date.

AOS was approved in 2 months and 8 days without interview.

ROC was approved in 3 months and 2 days without interview.

I am a Citizen of the United States of America. 04/16/13

I used FedEx for all my USCIS/NVC stuff. It wasn't that costly and I could track it..even see who signed for it. Any of the carriers are ok as long as you have confirmed delivery good.gif

-USCIS-

COMPLETED - March 9th, 2010

-NVC-

CASE COMPLETE - April 2nd, 2010

-INTERVIEW-

APPROVED - May 18th, 2010

POE - Detroit, June 11th, 2010

GREEN CARD - July 21st, 2010

SS CARD - August 13th, 2010

-ROC-

I-751 Sent March 23rd, 2012

NOA1 March 26th, 2012

Biometrics Appt. April 27th, 2012

Bio done early - April 18th, 2012

ROC Approved - September 12, 2012

10 Year GC - September 17, 2012

Timeline

we sent our package via usps priority mail with tracking number also the cardboard boxes are free at post office

Thanks for the info! Should be sending it by Monday :)

I sent mine in a flat-rate express mail envelope. The post office clerk said it couldn't get any faster than that (unless you went to FedEx) but priority would cost about twice as much. You can track it online and print a delivery confirmation for your records. With this option the package gets from IA to CSC in 1-2 days, which for me was good enough.

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

Filed: Timeline

Your best bet for Tunisia is USPS. Although FEDEX and UPS will claim to get it there faster, they don't. The problem arises once it gets to the airport and how long it sits there, how long it takes go from processing to the town, and how long it takes for the post office to bother notifying the recipient that they have mail to come and pick up.

When I send mail from the East coast, USA to Jendouba, Tunisia it takes on average 12-14 days to arrive. I would use USPS and get a confirmation tracking number which will at least allow you to track it until the moment it arrives in the Tunis Carthage airport.

Don't waste your money with the huge fedex/ups up-charges. When it arrives in Tunis through them, it's turned over to regular Tunisie Postal Service just like USPS.

Edited by Tunisia216

Timeline

Your best bet for Tunisia is USPS. Although FEDEX and UPS will claim to get it there faster, they don't. The problem arises once it gets to the airport and how long it sits there, how long it takes go from processing to the town, and how long it takes for the post office to bother notifying the recipient that they have mail to come and pick up.

When I send mail from the East coast, USA to Jendouba, Tunisia it takes on average 12-14 days to arrive. I would use USPS and get a confirmation tracking number which will at least allow you to track it until the moment it arrives in the Tunis Carthage airport.

Don't waste your money with the huge fedex/ups up-charges. When it arrives in Tunis through them, it's turned over to regular Tunisie Postal Service just like USPS.

Ya Wouldi ana much fi tounes towa. nahna neskon fi san diego :)

Jendouba <3

As my husband would say "tarajji ya dawla!"

oh ya, the Tunisian Postal Service is insane, especially post revolution.

I sent mine in a flat-rate express mail envelope. The post office clerk said it couldn't get any faster than that (unless you went to FedEx) but priority would cost about twice as much. You can track it online and print a delivery confirmation for your records. With this option the package gets from IA to CSC in 1-2 days, which for me was good enough.

Thanks for the advice!

Just got the delivery confirmation for the flat-rate express (with signature & exact delivery time) - it got to the California Service Center in less than 48 hours. Total cost was under $20 and I sent a big pile of paper to them good.gif

10/07/2007 Entered the US on J-1 visa

11/03/2008 Changed status to F-1

02/14/2010 Married

03/15/2010 Filed AOS (from F-1)

05/27/2010 AOS approved, GC Issued

02/28/2012 Mailed I-751 (Removal of Conditions)

03/01/2012 I-751 received by CSC/NOA Issued

03/15/2012 Biometrics letter sent

04/12/2012 Biometrics appointment per letter

05/27/2012 GC expires

Timeline

Just got the delivery confirmation for the flat-rate express (with signature & exact delivery time) - it got to the California Service Center in less than 48 hours. Total cost was under $20 and I sent a big pile of paper to them good.gif

Fabulous, waiting on one more thing and then I should be sending mine this weekend or early next week :D good luck on yours!

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.