UmmSqueakster

You know you're fasting when...

37 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

aaargh....ok so what is everyone having for dinner tonight???

i'm trying to diet but it's so darn depressing reading all the wonderful foods that people are cooking when i have a nice salad with chicken and whole wheat pita and a diet coke to look forward to. :angry:

Everything I can stuff into my mouth.

:lol::lol::lol:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Filed: K-3 Visa Country: Egypt
Timeline

aaargh....ok so what is everyone having for dinner tonight???

i'm trying to diet but it's so darn depressing reading all the wonderful foods that people are cooking when i have a nice salad with chicken and whole wheat pita and a diet coke to look forward to. :angry:

Everything I can stuff into my mouth.

I did that the first two nights but the tummy aches weren't worth the instant gratification....no matter how good it all tasted. :lol:

12/28/06 - got married :)

02/05/07 - I-130 NOA1

02/21/07 - I-129 NOA1

04/09/07 - I-130 and I-129F approval email sent!!!!

04/26/07 - Packet 3 received

06/16/07 - Medical Examination

06/26/07 - Packet 3 SUBMITTED FINALLY!!!!

07/07/07 - Received pkt 4

07/22/07 - interview consular never bothered to show up for work.

07/29/07 - interview.

4_6_109v.gif

Ron Paul 2008

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Egypt
Timeline

When you know the exact time the sun will be setting from now through October 23rd

10/14/05 - married AbuS in the US lovehusband.gif

02/23/08 - Filed for removal of conditions.

Sometime in 2008 - Received 10 year GC. Almost done with USCIS for life inshaAllah! Huzzah!

12/07/08 - Adopted the fuzzy feline love of my life, my Squeaky baby th_catcrazy.gif

02/23/09 - Apply for citizenship

06/15/09 - Citizenship interview

07/15/09 - Citizenship ceremony. Alhamdulilah, the US now has another american muslim!

irhal.jpg

online rihla - on the path of the Beloved with a fat cat as a copilot

These comments, information and photos may not be reused, reposted, or republished anywhere without express written permission from UmmSqueakster.

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

when you have perfectly delicious food in the fridge that you cooked, but you want everything on the menu from 4 different restaurants!!!! all at once! :blink:

Met briefly in Baton Rouge, LA Nov. 2003 - not available :(

Met again in Baton Rouge, LA March 25, 2005 - 2 souls feel as 1

Sept 17-Oct 3, 2005 Noura goes to Morocco to meet family & friends of Said (informally engaged)

Daily phonecalls, discover internet chatting w/ video cam - OMG!!!

March 25-April 14, 2006 Noura's 2nd trip to Morocco - formal engagement w/ family

April 24, 2006- mailed in K1 Visa package - TSC

Oct 5, 2006 - Interview SUCCESS

Oct 12, 2006 - Called to pick up visa tomorrow!

Oct. 16, 2006 VISA IN HAND!

Dec. 24, 2006 - Said arrives in NOLA, just in time for the holidaze!

Dec. 31, 2006 - OUR WEDDING!!! Ringing in a New Year as husband & wife!

Jan 8, 2007 - applied for SSN

Jan 15, 2007 - recieved SSN

Feb 6, 2007 - checks cashed for AOS/EAD/AP - YAY!

Feb 8, 2007 - NOA1 on AOS/EAD/AP

Feb 14, 07 - touched EAD/AP

March 8, 07 - Biometrics appt in NOLA

April 17, 07 - AP approved

April 19, 07 - EAD approved

glitter_maker_12_25_2006_00_00_12_97213.gif

Filed: Timeline

But why am I so HYPER?????

You realize you're fasting when you suddenly become much more conscious of the thoughts in your head... and find they're not all "proper". Blah.

And... when you have to cut through the lunchroom to use the copy machine you hold your breath, look at the floor and walk as fast as possible past the row of vending machines with fists clenched.

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Morocco
Timeline

When you can't decide what to eat: fruit or water or real food (yeah, water takes too much room in my stomack now and seems like food). Since the stomack can't take too much food anymore. But after you eat - you get so hiper and can't go to sleep and can't stop thinking about all kinds of things.

Met online - May 2004

Met in person - August 2004

Got married - May 2005

Filed I-130 - July 2005

Filed I-129 - August 2005

Interview - February 2006 - 221(g) - still under investigation.

Another useless interview - July 2006 - got nowhere!

August 23, 2007 - he's finally here!

Filed: Timeline
When you can't decide what to eat: fruit or water or real food (yeah, water takes too much room in my stomack now and seems like food). Since the stomack can't take too much food anymore. But after you eat - you get so hiper and can't go to sleep and can't stop thinking about all kinds of things.

I've gone hyper 24 hours a day. My energy level is so high I don't know what to do with myself. I workout in the evening to try to settle down, but I wake up several times during the night... yep... "THINKING". The alarm goes off, I hit the ground running (which is really ugly because my brain doesn't catch up to my feet very quickly).

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Wow, I don't know if I should be happy or jealous! I can't fast, I have hypo-glycemia. I tried 2 years ago for about 3 days but I was off the charts, so I wouldn't even dare try again.

I do find one thing interesting. My husband stays up until 6 in the morning every night so we can spend time together. Now he eats around 4:30 I think, then he snoozes until about 4:00 PM (how anyone can sleep that much is beyond me).

Then his routine is to get up, wash and pray. Get on the computer again so we can chat more (yes, we chat all day and all night...lol). And then, about 2 hours later he eats. I don't see much suffering going on here! lol

I have to admit, I chuckle at the idea of when he comes here and gets a job. I don't think he realizes just how much his life will change.

I admire you ladies for your dedication during Ramadan. It doesn't sound like any of you have the luxury of sleeping away the fasting.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline
Wow, I don't know if I should be happy or jealous! I can't fast, I have hypo-glycemia. I tried 2 years ago for about 3 days but I was off the charts, so I wouldn't even dare try again.

I do find one thing interesting. My husband stays up until 6 in the morning every night so we can spend time together. Now he eats around 4:30 I think, then he snoozes until about 4:00 PM (how anyone can sleep that much is beyond me).

Then his routine is to get up, wash and pray. Get on the computer again so we can chat more (yes, we chat all day and all night...lol). And then, about 2 hours later he eats. I don't see much suffering going on here! lol

I have to admit, I chuckle at the idea of when he comes here and gets a job. I don't think he realizes just how much his life will change.

I admire you ladies for your dedication during Ramadan. It doesn't sound like any of you have the luxury of sleeping away the fasting.

Hicham never worked a day in his life before he got here now he is working on his feet all day cooking for a Moroccan restaurant which apparently is not so fun during Ramadan! I would think it would be so hard to fast and work in a restaurant. He always comes home so tired during his break I feel so bad for him. On the other hand he likes getting paid! I think he thinks it's all worth it on payday. It is quite a change for him though. He said he needs a vacation already haha.

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Hicham never worked a day in his life before he got here now he is working on his feet all day cooking for a Moroccan restaurant which apparently is not so fun during Ramadan! I would think it would be so hard to fast and work in a restaurant. He always comes home so tired during his break I feel so bad for him. On the other hand he likes getting paid! I think he thinks it's all worth it on payday. It is quite a change for him though. He said he needs a vacation already haha.

Welcome to life in the US! lol

Too many people think they will just walk off the plane and the US hands them a big handful of money. Well surprise surpise, no free lunch here. There is a reason americans have such a high stress level.

I feel bad that he works at a restaurant of all things...he must go crazy smelling all of that yummy food! On the other hand how lucky is it to have a moroccan restaurant so close! I have tried, but I just can't cook like my MIL. I don't know what I'm going to do when he gets here.

'Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways - Chardonnay in one hand - chocolate in the other - body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming 'WOO HOO, What a Ride'

Filed: Citizen (pnd) Country: Algeria
Timeline

When you...

start to smell everything in the air, being able to ID every ingredients

your mouth is so dry you cannot swallow

when you are on pins and needles waiting to hear the athan

when finally you do get to eat, you realise i am not even really hungry (happens to me after about 1O days of fasting)

when break fast, you seem to keep drinking and drinking water

you do not crave sweets or salty foods anymore

you have that month long headache

you have that month long bad month during the daytime from about 1Oam to 4pm

You want to sleep alot

You feel sluggish

...that is all I can think of right now

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.