ERMM

Worried that I have a lack of evidence for I-751

11 posts in this topic

Filed: Timeline

I can definitely provide:

-joint bank statements for roughly the past two years

-a copy of the title for my husband's car in both of our names

-a few photos (We just don't do pictures much.)

-affidavits (I think we should include a few because we don't have a ton of other evidence.)

-a copy of my husband's green card

I might be able to provide:

-tax transcripts for the past two years showing joint filing (I just don't understand exactly what a transcript is or how to get it.)

-drivers licenses showing the same address (Mine currently has my address from 3 years ago but I think I can have this changed for a fee at the BMV.)

-my husband's life insurance policy naming me as the beneficiary (Do we just ask his employer for the documentation?)

-joint car insurance (It is currently separate and I am not sure if it will be switched over in time.)

-boarding passes (We are about to take a trip together. We are taking separate flights down (due to his work) but flying back on the same flight. We also booked the flights at separate times. Would our boarding passes from the flight back be of any help at all?)

I cannot provide:

-lease, mortgage, utilities, or letter from landlord (My dad owns our home and the utilities are in his name. I'm not sure about getting a letter from him.)

-cell phone bills (We are both still on our parents' plans for affordability.)

-joint health insurance (He is still on his parents' plan for affordability.)

-birth certificates of children (I am pregnant, but we have not had any children together yet.)

-credit card statements (I just realized that although I ordered my husband a card on my account when we married, his name is not on the statements? I contacted our credit card company to fix this, but that will give us few if any statements with both names before we have to file. I will however include a copy of our credit cards with the same account number for both of our names.)

We have nothing else in both our names. Actually, we don't have anything else separate either. I am particulary worried about the lack of evidence of shared residency. Is this likely to be a problem? Any suggestions? Thanks!

Do you do your taxes online? The transcripts are basically just another word for your returns. if you filed online you should be able to download a copy. If not, find your local IRS office and go ask them for a copy. What state do you live in? You could also provide state return copies.

If you don't have birth certificates yet, how about some of your medical notes or documentation from your doctors where it states who the parents are?

My credit card statements were not in both our names either, only one was... the others, I just took pictures of the cards we had, where our names were on them (but the numbers matched)

My town just had a census and the official form came around with our names on it. Is there anything like that you could include? If you don't have a lease, have your Dad write a letter saying that you live with him, have done so for X amount of time, etc. etc.

http://nomoremrsniceguy.blogspot.com/

Our journey:

11th October 2012: APPROVED!

24th February 2012: Biometrics appointment

8th February 2012: Touch

24th January 2012: Biometrics NOA date (received 30th)

19th January 2012: Check cashed by VSC

17th January 2012: NOA date (received 20th)

14th January 2012: ROC delivered via USPS to VSC

13th January 2012: Filed for ROC

Earliest date to remove conditions: Friday, December 2, 2011

9th March 2010: GC in hand

1st March 2010: Interview 8.40am APPROVED!

1st March 2010: EAD arrives, along with daughters US passport

15th January 2010: Biometrics appointment

10th December 2009: Filed for AOS

Also... what did you provide for AOS? When we filed for AOS I didn't have a joint bank account yet (cos I couldn't get one without a SS and I missed my window for that as I came on a tourist waiver...) and one other important thing I forget now, but the guy interviewing us, just said to make sure to have those things, and we'd be all set for ROC. The worst case scenario is that they give you an RFE... and then you address what they asked for. If you don't have it, you explain why. :) Not everyone has all the boxes ticked and family circumstances really vary with every case and application, so don't panic! :yes:

Our journey:

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

Transcripts are not quite the same as returns, although they contain the same basic info. You can to to irs.gov and order tax transcripts for the last 3 years. They take about a week to receive.

Not everyone has everything in the list. Get everything you can and be prepared with an explanation as to why you don't have the other items in case you get asked. They will ultimately decide if it's enough, but when you have and what you can provide seems reasonable enough to me.

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Peru
Timeline

Do you do your taxes online? The transcripts are basically just another word for your returns.

This is incorrect. The tax transcript isn't the same as the 1040. Go to IRS.gov or call them and you can get them. I'd have them faxed to me if I were you because I have twice requested tax transcripts via mail and neither time did they arrive; I have always had to call up again and have them faxed to me at the last minute.

I'd definitely go to the DMV and plunk down the $15 or whatever to get an updated license. Actually, you may have been required by state law to do that anyway. You'll probably have to provide a bunch of evidence that you now live where you say you do, which might give you additional ideas as to documentation you can provide.

It can't possibly be that difficult to get documentation of the life insurance. Ask his employer. If that doesn't work, ask the company that is the insurance provider.

Do you or your husband have a 401(k)? 403(b)? Roth IRA? Traditional IRA? Mutual fund? Any other of the zillion retirement accounts our tax code allows? If so make sure that you are each other's beneficiaries and then you can use that documentation. I guess really my advice is to just try to think of all of the assets that the two of you own and then provide evidence that they are commingled.

Filed: Timeline

Thanks for the suggestions. I will definitely update my license and request the tax transcripts and insurance information. Unfortunately, our bank account is the only account we have, and his car is our only other asset. But, you guys are saying that the worst that can happen is we get an RFE? I was freaking out because the directions on the form made it seem like they could simply deny our application due to lack of evidence. It says "If you do not completely fill out the form or file it without the required initial evidence, you will not establish a basis for eligibility, and we may deny your application." Is it possible they would just deny our application?...without even giving us a chance to provide more information or explain the lack of it? For the AOS interview, we brought a binder with our marriage certificate, a joint bank statement, a photo copy of our credit cards showing the same account number, a copy of the the title to his car in both of our names, photos, and affidavits. It was flipped through pretty quickly. I think that she could just tell from meeting us that everything was legit. Or, maybe they expected less then because we were only newlyweds? But, 2 years later, we don't have a ton to add, and we are delivering our documents via mail rather than in person.

Filed: Other Timeline

You worry about nothing. You have plenty of evidence. I would still suggest you invest $1 in a rental contract, fill it out, sign it, and then have your dad/landlord sign it as well.

There is no room in this country for hyphenated Americanism. When I refer to hyphenated Americans, I do not refer to naturalized Americans. Some of the very best Americans I have ever known were naturalized Americans, Americans born abroad. But a hyphenated American is not an American at all . . . . The one absolutely certain way of bringing this nation to ruin, of preventing all possibility of its continuing to be a nation at all, would be to permit it to become a tangle of squabbling nationalities, an intricate knot of German-Americans, Irish-Americans, English-Americans, French-Americans, Scandinavian-Americans or Italian-Americans, each preserving its separate nationality, each at heart feeling more sympathy with Europeans of that nationality, than with the other citizens of the American Republic . . . . There is no such thing as a hyphenated American who is a good American. The only man who is a good American is the man who is an American and nothing else.

President Teddy Roosevelt on Columbus Day 1915

oh well... the poor person that looks at my pack will find full returns hahaha :lol: :lol: :lol:

Our journey:

we were in same situation we live with my parents and help pay the mortgage. we had an affidavit signed and notarized by both parents explaining the situation. i also sent some of their mortgage evidence highlighting address.

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.