irwin

Getting Married in June

12 posts in this topic

Filed: Country: Honduras
Timeline

I am planning on getting married in June. I traveled to her home country last year to visit as friends possibly more. For that reason I have no photo's of us together and I have little proof that she was with me during that time. After I get married I am sure we will have ton's of pictures, flight tickets, hotel costs, etc.. it that going to be sufficient or do I need to travel back to see her before the wedding to prove that we have meet?

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Peru
Timeline

Hola!

With showing the pics of the wedding, as well as letters, flights tickets, everything will be alright :) :) Make sure you take many pics before the wedding ceremony :)

Good luck!!!!

Teddy and Pika

26, November 2009: Teddy meet me in Peru for the 1st time!!
04, April 2010: Our Engagement ♥♥
16, March 2011: We got Married!!! :) :)

27, May 2011: I-130 Sent
31, May 2011: I-130 NOA1
13, September 2011: I-130 APPROVED!!
06, October 2011: NVC Received package
23, October 2011: NVC send Instruction Package
29, November 2011: Case completed at NVC
02, January 2012: Medical Test
11, January 2012: Interview date - APPROVED!!! YAY!!!!! :) :) :)
14, January 2012: VISA in hand!!! YAYYYYY!!!
11, March 2012: My Teddy picks me up!!
14, March 2012: Date of travel to USA!!! Finally with my Teddy ♥♥♥♥
10, April 2012: Social Security Card Received yay!!
13, April 2012: Welcome Letter Received :) :)
17, April 2012: Green Card Received :) :) :) :)

18, June 2012: I'm 7 weeks pregnant!!! and we saw our TeddyPika baby on
the ultrasound for the 1st time!!!! :)♥♥ Yay!!
16, July 2012: We bought my car!!! yay!! :) :)
13, August 2012: 14 Weeks pregnant and the wonderful ultrasound! It's a baby boy!
16, August 2012: Got my Florida Driver License!! Finally! :) :)
24, July 2014: Green Card conditions done!!!! No interview needed!! Yay! :dancing:

09, September 2014: 10 weeks pregnant! Baby #2 is on the way!!! (L)

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Hola!

With showing the pics of the wedding, as well as letters, flights tickets, everything will be alright :) :) Make sure you take many pics before the wedding ceremony :)

Good luck!!!!

... and congrats on your planned wedding.

Sent I-129 Application to VSC 2/1/12
NOA1 2/8/12
RFE 8/2/12
RFE reply 8/3/12
NOA2 8/16/12
NVC received 8/27/12
NVC left 8/29/12
Manila Embassy received 9/5/12
Visa appointment & approval 9/7/12
Arrived in US 10/5/2012
Married 11/24/2012
AOS application sent 12/19/12

AOS approved 8/24/13

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Honduras
Timeline

Congratulations, first of all.

As to your questions of photos...

I recently accompanied my husband to his interview in Tegucigalpa. We had a ton of photos, they asked for 20 (ish), showing dating, wedding, and current (we had all from a span of 2 years). We were also asked what month we started dating officially and when/who proposed. They didn't ask us for anything besides photos, as far as evidence.

I suggest taking photos with members of her family as well.

Filed: Other Country: China
Timeline

I am planning on getting married in June. I traveled to her home country last year to visit as friends possibly more. For that reason I have no photo's of us together and I have little proof that she was with me during that time. After I get married I am sure we will have ton's of pictures, flight tickets, hotel costs, etc.. it that going to be sufficient or do I need to travel back to see her before the wedding to prove that we have meet?

Evidence of meeting is for a fiancee visa. You'll need evidence you legally married. That will be a certified copy of your marriage certificate with certified translation, if not in English. You don't need evidence you met in a prior visit before marriage but your passport stamps will show that the marriage took place on a different visit than your earlier one. You'll also need some evidence of a bona fide ongoing relationship. The photos and some examples of how and how frequently you communicate, are usually sufficient for that at the petition stage.

Facts are cheap...knowing how to use them is precious...
Understanding the big picture is priceless. Anonymous

Google Who is Pushbrk?

A Warning to Green Card Holders About Voting

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/606646-a-warning-to-green-card-holders-about-voting/

Timeline

side not FYI, to get married in Honduras you need to show proof that you have been tested for HIV. They didn't accept my results from US (NC), had to get it redone there (somehow it only took one day to get the results...)

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: India
Timeline

maybe get a no objectin clearance from US court to marry,govnt marriage certificate, pics before, during and after the wedd, fight tickets and boarding passes, pics with friends and family, receit of anything bought during the honeymoon, having a bank account together, affidavits of people witnessing the wedd.

Timeline

side not FYI, to get married in Honduras you need to show proof that you have been tested for HIV. They didn't accept my results from US (NC), had to get it redone there (somehow it only took one day to get the results...)

I am flying into San Pedro Sula on a Friday morning and going to see the Doctor that day, the next day pick up the results and in the evening get married. Do you think this is cutting it too close? was it easy to have the HIV test done?

Timeline

Yes it is cutting it close. For the HIV test they just draw blood (I got mine the same day, my husband's godfather works at the hospital). But to get the marriage license, you have to ask for permission a week in advance and turn in some documents. Also, San Pedro is probably a busy place, might take longer for the paper work to get through. Of course, they will probably mention a small fee that you can pay to expedite the process (I would say expect $20-50). You would still have to make the request at least a day in advance.

Timeline

Yes it is cutting it close. For the HIV test they just draw blood (I got mine the same day, my husband's godfather works at the hospital). But to get the marriage license, you have to ask for permission a week in advance and turn in some documents. Also, San Pedro is probably a busy place, might take longer for the paper work to get through. Of course, they will probably mention a small fee that you can pay to expedite the process (I would say expect $20-50). You would still have to make the request at least a day in advance.

Thanks!!! I'm going to change the plane ticket this weekend.... i figured that I would have to grease the wheels on this to get it done on time :-)

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.