kelly11anne

Inappropriate Interview

148 posts in this topic

Filed: Lift. Cond. (pnd) Country: Iran
Timeline

Hi all,

I believe that the IO could ask you things that were not sexual in nature to get the desired result, but I guess sex questions are a very good indicator of the truth. It would be rare that you would forget things like your partners favourite position, or how you had sex last night. Conversely it is easy to forget what colour your partner's tooth brush is or what his first pet's name was.

I do not like being asked about my sex life. I am a prude I guess.

My partner and I have discussed this and if asked we will say that we are waiting to have sex until marriage if asked. Whether or not that is a true statement, the IO will not know and not question, as long as our answers are the same.

Make sense?

Yes, perfect sense, I'm a prude Muslim , yet if the CO would have asked my husband about my breast size or me about his underwear preference I would have answered gladly.it's a small price to pay for spending a life time together

Yes, perfect sense, I'm a prude Muslim , yet if the CO would have asked my husband about my breast size or me about his underwear preference I would have answered gladly.it's a small price to pay for spending a life time together

polls_Cavity_2Bsearch_2153_171551_answer_2_xlarge.jpeg

Filed: Timeline

Why the stokes?This one slipped in ... and broke a heart in the process (he should have had his AXX stoked!!):Well, for those who saw my post earlier this week and all of the drama.....he decided last night that he wasn't in love with me anymore and didn't want to be with me. He left my house and returned today with police to get his things. There's a ton of ugliness in between last nght and now that happened but emotionally, I can't relive that right now so I'll omit that. But I will say that it was discovered he was in fact using me for the visa and this entire marriage was a lie, for him. My heart is broken but I know this is for the better. I called ICE and filed my fraud complaint and will follow through with the remaining steps. I guess that the breaking point was when he had his friend confront me and tell me that I'm a crazy ###### if I thought any Dominican man would love an ugly gringa like me. And that he got what he wanted, the visa, so it was best to leave him alone now. The rest of my day consisted of an overwhelming amount of messages and emails from his family offering money not to report him. Smh. I know I'm crazy but I still love him. It absolutely kills me that he's done this and that I have to second guess all of the beautiful moments we had together. I may never get the answers I want but I'll have peace and that's most important. I want to thank everyone so much for all of their advice while I've been on here. This is an amazing site. My journey ends here ......

Who is this?? This is too sad/frustrating. I REALLY hope he gets deported and barred for life.

Filed: Country: Philippines
Timeline

Who is this?? This is too sad/frustrating. I REALLY hope he gets deported and barred for life.

Read about it here., then you'll know.

http://www.visajourney.com/forums/topic/354218-hes-gone-%3B/

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

"Retreat hell! We just got here!"

CAPT. LLOYD WILLIAMS, USMC

Timeline

Hi all,

I believe that the IO could ask you things that were not sexual in nature to get the desired result, but I guess sex questions are a very good indicator of the truth. It would be rare that you would forget things like your partners favourite position, or how you had sex last night. Conversely it is easy to forget what colour your partner's tooth brush is or what his first pet's name was.

I do not like being asked about my sex life. I am a prude I guess.

My partner and I have discussed this and if asked we will say that we are waiting to have sex until marriage if asked. Whether or not that is a true statement, the IO will not know and not question, as long as our answers are the same.

Make sense?

No it does not make sense. So you would jeopardize the opportunity to be with your loved one in his/her country because you are a self confessed "prude?"

Makes no sense at all. Is it not better to get passed a few embarrassing questions and stay focused on the big picture to achieve the goal of immigrating?

"The Marines I have seen around the world have the cleanest bodies, the filthiest minds, the highest morale, and the lowest morals of any group of animals I have ever seen. Thank God for the United States Marine Corps!" - Eleanor Roosevelt, First Lady of the United States, 1945.

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Australia
Timeline

No it does not make sense. So you would jeopardize the opportunity to be with your loved one in his/her country because you are a self confessed "prude?"

Makes no sense at all. Is it not better to get passed a few embarrassing questions and stay focused on the big picture to achieve the goal of immigrating?

Hi, as long as your answers are the same, whether or not you say you are part of a swingers club or not partaking in sex until marriage it doesn't matter. I consulted an immigration attorney on this matter recently actually and this is how I knew!!! A apart from being a prude, it is my belief that talking about ones sexual life is not appropriate with strangers, even an IO.

As long as the answer are the same and streamlined that is all the matters.

The OP was not going to be tested / examined to prove the validity of her statements as to whether or not she had had sex. If she and he partner had both stated they were waiting until marriage to have sex that would be that.

If my partner and I walk into an interview and state we are waiting for marriage that would be the end of that line of questioning.

It is not jeaopardising ones chance to be with a loved one to say that at all.

---

Similarly, a friend of mine had a second interview (not in Australia) and due to religious reasons she stated she could and would answer said questions but it made her uncomfortable and was not inline with her religious beliefs, the IO then asked one for the less invasive sexual questions (lol) and moved on.

--

You are always within your right to express how you feel and your discomfort. IO's are not there to make our lives harder but to protect USC's and the country as a whole.

--

Hope this helps!

Edited by BrittandDan

We became a couple : 2011-05-29
I visited him : 2011-10-28 - 2011-11-17
He visited me (and my crazy family) : 2012-02-05 - 2012-02-17
I-129F Sent : 2012-02-05
I-129F NOA1 : 2012-02-14
I entered on VWP to stay 3 months: 2012-04-11 - 2012-07-03
---
Went to get my medical done for interview in Australia (much cheaper in the US and I was already here):2012-05-20
Medical issue diagnosed
K-1 petition cancellation request sent to CSC : 2012-06-01
Married: 2012-06-21
Filed for AOS : 2012-08-08
NOA1 : 2012-08-10
Biometrics : 2012-09-14
EAD approved : 2012-10-16
Applied for SSN : 2012-11-01
Received SSN : 2012-11-13
Received interview notice :2012-12-27
Interview- APPROVED :2013-01-28
Green card received :2013-02-04
Baby girl born :2013-03-09

Filed for ROC :2014-12-05
NOA :2014-12-11
Biometrics : 2015-01-15

ROC Approval : 2015-05-14

If my partner and I walk into an interview and state we are waiting for marriage that would be the end of that line of questioning.

Maybe, but it could also open up a whole new line of questioning - such as: Why are you waiting, what religion, etc. Seems risky.

USCIS Stage

February 17th, 2012 - NOA1 Email

March 1st, 2012 - NOA2 Email (USC residing abroad)

NVC Stage

March 12th 2012 - Received

March 21st, 2012 - Case Number received

April 20th, 2012 - Case Closed

May 1st, 2012 - Interview scheduled

Embassy

May 29th, 2012 - Interview - Approved!

June 6th, 2012 - Passport with visa delivered

July 29th, 2012 - POE together in Houston

August 6th, 2012 - Social Security Card Received

August 16th, 2012 - Green Card Received

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Morocco
Timeline

Why the stokes?

This one slipped in ... and broke a heart in the process (he should have had his AXX stoked!!):

Well, for those who saw my post earlier this week and all of the drama.....he decided last night that he wasn't in love with me anymore and didn't want to be with me. He left my house and returned today with police to get his things. There's a ton of ugliness in between last nght and now that happened but emotionally, I can't relive that right now so I'll omit that. But I will say that it was discovered he was in fact using me for the visa and this entire marriage was a lie, for him. My heart is broken but I know this is for the better. I called ICE and filed my fraud complaint and will follow through with the remaining steps.

I guess that the breaking point was when he had his friend confront me and tell me that I'm a crazy ###### if I thought any Dominican man would love an ugly gringa like me. And that he got what he wanted, the visa, so it was best to leave him alone now.

The rest of my day consisted of an overwhelming amount of messages and emails from his family offering money not to report him. Smh.

I know I'm crazy but I still love him. It absolutely kills me that he's done this and that I have to second guess all of the beautiful moments we had together. I may never get the answers I want but I'll have peace and that's most important.

I want to thank everyone so much for all of their advice while I've been on here. This is an amazing site.

My journey ends here ......

Nice try to make a point but Sam the (OP who's husband just left)and I had a few PM's about this very subject and she WAS asked with her husband at her interview if they had sex the first night she arrived and if they used condoms or not...it is in her interview Review. I was shocked and she ironically said she had to go through it like most people going through this embassy. So this was a stoking and still it did not help weed the fraud. Sorry again to Sam! (F)

:star: I am personally glad OP made the choice to write about this and sorry people go through this type of interrogation.

Also to the Prude Muslim, I ready doubt your husband would explain your breast size and feel comfortable with compromising the beliefs of honoring his wife in Islam to obtain a Visa. Even a person that is not well educated in Islam would assume that is improper to discuss.

My young teenage daughter would know to refuse to speak of this.

My hope is no one will settle in order to live in a certain side of a border if it boils down to your own dignity. In any embassy or country it is not proper to be under duress to answer such private questions. I am sure some people dont mind answering...personally I would say it is not their business they need to ask me all other needed info that I would gladly cooperate with. And without any coaxing my husband would say the same. I know him well enough. God Willing.

event.png

event.png

Filed: IR-1/CR-1 Visa Country: Canada
Timeline

I'll have pictures ready for my interview :innocent: :innocent:

USCIS

Jul 15/11 - Sent I-130 Package from Honolulu

Jul 18/11 - I-130 package received & signed for in Chicago
Jul 19/11 - Priority Date
Jul 21/11 - NOA1/USCIS Acceptance Confirmation received
Jul 29/11 - Received I-797C hard copy
Aug 4/11 - Touched
Feb 16/12 - NOA2 Approval (212 days since Priority Date)

NVC

Feb 28/12 - NVC Case Number, BIN & IIN Assigned, Optin E-mail for EP Sent

Mar 2/12 - DS-261 Submitted
Mar 5/12 - Electronic Processing Opt-in Accepted, AOS Invoiced & Paid
Mar 7/12 - NVC receive IV electronic package, AOS shows "Paid", AOS Package Sent
Mar 9/12 - IV Bill Invoiced & Paid
Mar 12/12 - AOS fee shows as "Not Paid - Rejected": Human error. AOS re-paid.
Mar 13/12 - IV is "Paid." Will have to be re-paid post imminent "Rejected" status. NVC e-mail "Checklist Cover Letter" asking for my $$$
Mar 14/12 - IV is "Rejected - Not Paid", Re-paid, AOS is "Paid"
Mar 16/12 - IV is "Paid", DS-260 submitted & Package sent
Mar 19/12 - IV Package Received
Mar 20/12 - Case Complete E-mail Received (21 days at NVC)

Final Steps

Apr 10/12 - Interview date assigned: May 9 @ 8:30AM

May 1/12 - Medical Date
May 9/12 - Interview result: Approved!
Jun 22/12 - POE
Jul 23/12 - SSN assigned
Aug 10/12 - Green card in hand

ROC

Mar 25/14 - ROC sent to CSC

Mar 28/14 - Package delivered to CSC

Apr 1/14 - Check cashed

Apr 3/14 - Received NOA1, Receipt Date: 3/28

Jun 15/14 - Move to San Diego

Jun 23/14 - RFE / Package sent: Aug 6, ETA Aug 8

Aug 22/14 - New Card in Production

Are Stokes interviews specifically for K1 visas? I'm doing CR-1 and we recently got married, so I know we'll have to reapply in two years. Will we be going through a similar "Stokes" interview process?

Edited by nica

USCIS (221 days)
07-13-2011 -- I-130 sent
07-15-2011 -- I-130 NOA1 received in the mail
02-21-2012 -- I-130 NOA2 approved

NVC (26 days)
02-24-2012 -- NVC receives application
03-21-2012 -- Case completed at NVC

Consulate (50 days)
04-05-2012 -- Interview date assigned
05-01-2012 -- Medical
05-21-2012 -- Interview - Approved
05-25-2012 -- Received visa

06-03-2012 -- POE!

Filed: Citizen (apr) Country: Ecuador
Timeline
Are Stokes interviews specifically for K1 visas? I'm doing CR-1 and we recently got married, so I know we'll have to reapply in two years. Will we be going through a similar "Stokes" interview process?
Couples in Ecuador routinely undergo Stokes reamings. The odds vary according to embassy and situation.

06-04-2007 = TSC stamps postal return-receipt for I-129f.

06-11-2007 = NOA1 date (unknown to me).

07-20-2007 = Phoned Immigration Officer; got WAC#; where's NOA1?

09-25-2007 = Touch (first-ever).

09-28-2007 = NOA1, 23 days after their 45-day promise to send it (grrrr).

10-20 & 11-14-2007 = Phoned ImmOffs; "still pending."

12-11-2007 = 180 days; file is "between workstations, may be early Jan."; touches 12/11 & 12/12.

12-18-2007 = Call; file is with Division 9 ofcr. (bckgrnd check); e-prompt to shake it; touch.

12-19-2007 = NOA2 by e-mail & web, dated 12-18-07 (187 days; 201 per VJ); in mail 12/24/07.

01-09-2008 = File from USCIS to NVC, 1-4-08; NVC creates file, 1/15/08; to consulate 1/16/08.

01-23-2008 = Consulate gets file; outdated Packet 4 mailed to fiancee 1/27/08; rec'd 3/3/08.

04-29-2008 = Fiancee's 4-min. consular interview, 8:30 a.m.; much evidence brought but not allowed to be presented (consul: "More proof! Second interview! Bring your fiance!").

05-05-2008 = Infuriating $12 call to non-English-speaking consulate appointment-setter.

05-06-2008 = Better $12 call to English-speaker; "joint" interview date 6/30/08 (my selection).

06-30-2008 = Stokes Interrogations w/Ecuadorian (not USC); "wait 2 weeks; we'll mail her."

07-2008 = Daily calls to DOS: "currently processing"; 8/05 = Phoned consulate, got Section Chief; wrote him.

08-07-08 = E-mail from consulate, promising to issue visa "as soon as we get her passport" (on 8/12, per DHL).

08-27-08 = Phoned consulate (they "couldn't find" our file); visa DHL'd 8/28; in hand 9/1; through POE on 10/9 with NO hassles(!).

Timeline

Couples in Ecuador routinely undergo Stokes reamings. The odds vary according to embassy and situation.

Finally you show up Mr. TBone, I was calling out to ya, si man! :yes:

Filed: AOS (pnd) Country: Romania
Timeline

When they asked us when we started dating we said the general "oh in January of 2010" and we looked at each other searching for an approximate date.

I have no idea when we started dating, because the transition from friends to lovers was so smooth and I don't much care about stuff like aniversaries either. I would think someone who is committing a fraud would be more likely to know such stuff.

USCIS [*] 22 Nov. 2011 - I-129 package sent; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - Package delivered; [*] 25 Nov. 2011 - NOA1/petition received and routed to the California Service Center; [*] 30 Nov. 2011 - Touched/confirmation though text message and email; [*] 03 Dec. 2011 - Hard copy received; [*]24 April 2012 - NOA2 (no RFEs)/text message/email/USCIS account updated; [*] 27 April 2012 - NOA2 hard copy received.

NVC [*] 14 May 2012 - Petition received by NVC ; [*] 16 May 2012 - Petition left NVC.

EMBASSY [*] 18 May 2012 - Petition arrived at the US Embassy in Bucharest; [*] 22 May 2012 - Package 3 received; [*] 24 May 2012 - Package sent to the consulate, interview date set; [*] 14 June 2012 - Interview date, approved.

POE [*] 04 July 2012 - Minneapolis/St.Paul. [*] 16 September 2012 - Wedding Day!

AOS/EAD/AP [*] 04 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package sent; [*] 07 February 2013 - AOS/EAD/AP package delivered; [*] 12 February 2013 - NOA1 text messages/emails; [*] 16 February 2013 - NOA1 received in the regular mail; [*] 28 February 2013 - Biometrics letter received (appointment date, March 8th); [*] 04 March 2013 - Biometrics walk-in completed (9 out of 10 fingerprints taken, pinky would not give in); [*] 04 April 2013 - EAD/AP card approved; [*] 11 April 2013 - Combo card sent/tracking number obtained; [*] 15 April 2013 - Card delivered.

[*] 15 May 2013 - Moved from MN to LA; [*] 17 May 2013 - Applied for a new SS card/filed an AR-11 online (unsuccessfully), therefore called and spoke to a Tier 2 and changed the address; [*] 22 May 2013 - Address updated on My Case Status (finally can see the case numbers online); [*] 28 May 2013 - Letter received in the mail confirming the change of address; [*] 31 July 2013 - Went to Romania; [*] 12 September 2013 - returned to the US using the AP, POE Houston, everything went smoothly; [*] 20 September 2013 - Spoke to a Tier2 and put in a service request; [*] 23 September 2013 - Got "Possible Interview Waiver" letter (originally sent on August, 29th to my old address, returned and re-routed to my current address); [*] 1 October 2013 - Started a new job.

event.png

Trying to get the word out about our struggles:

http://voices.yahoo.com/almost-legal-citizen-but-not-quite-12155565.html?cat=9

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.