NoneYa

One Way Out via Delta

18 posts in this topic

Filed: K-1 Visa Country: Philippines
Timeline

We are approved for K-1 from Manila US Embassy. My fiancee wants me to buy the ticket for her here. I have heard there are restrictions so I searched 1

on tickets issued outside the US for international travel.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

My cousin is trying to buy our aunt a ticket from MNL to the Newark. I priced out an intinerary using the ITA site. I was reading through the fare rules and I found the following:

NOTE - FOR TRAVEL ORIGINATING IN THE PHILLIPINES

EXTENSION OF TICKET VALIDITY PERMITTED UNDER

GUIDELINES SET FORTH BY CARRIER. CONTACT

CARRIER FOR DETAILS.

------------------------------------------------

AIRLINE TICKETS ISSUED OUTSIDE THE PHILIPPINES

/AS INDICATED BY THE VALIDATION STAMP/ FOR

INTERNATIONAL TRANSPORTATION OF CERTAIN

PASSENGERS ORIGINATING IN THE PHILIPPINES

SHALL NOT BE VALID FOR SUCH TRANSPORTATION.

THIS PROVISION SHALL APPLY ONLY TO THE

FOLLOWING PASSENGERS--

A.RESIDENTS OF THE PHILIPPINES.

B.PASSENGERS WHO ARE SUBJECT TO PAYMENT OF THE

TRAVEL TAX IMPOSED UNDER PD1183 AS

AMENDED.

C.PASSENGERS WHO ARE HOLDING TICKETS FOR ONWARD

CARRIAGE FROM THE PHILIPPINES BUT WHO DO NOT

HAVE A IMMIGRATION ENTRY ON THEIR PASSPORTS

SUBSEQUENT TO THE DATE OF ISSUANCE OF THE

AIRLINE TICKET ABROAD.

----end quote---------------

What exactly does this mean? It sounds like any tickets purchased outside the Philippines is invalid for use by "Residents of the Philippines." How can my cousin buy her a ticket then? Does he have to send her the money and have her pay for the ticket there? Can he make an overseas call to the Manila reservation line and buy his ticket through them, using his credit card? Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks.

Click here to go to my PUA blog.

Timeline

I just bought tickets for my fiancee and her daughter to fly from MNL to CVG. I didn't have any problems, but I did have to take a copy of the tickets and my credit card and ID to the airport here, CVG, and have them verify my card and ID and change the flages on their tickets so that they won't be asked to present the credit card used to buy the tickets when checking in. They also gave me a small piece of paper that they told me was proof that the credit card was seen here and I need to scan that paper and email it to my fiancee so that she can show it if there are any questions.

When I talked to the guy at Delta here at CVG he didn't think there would be any problems at all with the tickets, so I don't think you will have any problems if you do the same thing I did.

Right now luggage is the big issue for us. 2 checked items per ticket and two carry-on's isn't much for someone relocating their life. She also has a charcol picture that she wants to bring, and we are trying to find a reasonable way to ship that here.

--Jim

04/24/11 - Visit Fiance in Phil.

05/01/11 - Return from Phil. (Fantastic trip)

05/03/11 - Signed up with RapidVisa to help putting paperwork together.

05/10/11 - Requested signed documents and such from Fiance

05/16/11 - Recieved signed documents from Fiance (DHL)

05/19/11 - Application sent to Texas Service Center

05/25/11 - NOA1 - Said case was transfered to California Service Center

08/16/11 - NOA2

09/02/11 - Application Fee's paid via BDO

09/05/11 - Interview Appointment Confirmation

09/12/11 - Medical Day 1

09/13/11 - Medical Day 2

- K2 passed and received vacinations

- K1 required Sputum Culture -- SLMEC -x-ray looked "cloudy"

09/15/11 - Interview date, (Canceled)

09/26/11 - Culture Day 1

09/28/11 - Culture Day 3 -- 1st part of testing Negative

11/03/11 - New Interview Appointment Confirmation for 12/05/11 (trying to avoid delay)

11/28/11 - Sputum Culture Negative

12/01/11 - Vacinations and retesting for K1, retesting for K2, Medical Cleared

12/05/11 - Interview - Given 221(g)

-- Wanted CENOMAR for daughter's father directly from NSO, she had a NSO origional document in hand

-- Required a police clearance from Japan even though it has been over 10 years.

12/06/11 - Applied to NSO for daughter's father's CENOMAR to be sent directly to NSO

12/07/11 - Applied to Japanese Embassy in Manila for Police Clearance

01/20/12 - Japanese Police Clearance is at the embassy

02/07/12 - Visa's issued

02/23/12 - K1 Visa Expired

02/26/12 - Flights to US

***** Big Mess ****

Filed: Other Country: Philippines
Timeline

I bought the ticket for Amy through Hawaiian Airlines without issue, I had to call them as I could not do it online but it was easily handled.

Hank

"Chance Favors The Prepared Mind"

Picture

“LET’S GO BRANDON!”

Timeline

Thanks Jim. I typed in CVG into the airlines to find out that you meant Cincinatti. Thanks for your reply.

I am now getting replies back that Delta should not be a problem supposedly but with Korean Air Lines it is not allowed. Any other comments would be appreciated. Flying her and meeting her in Los Angeles will cost a good bit of money and I want to get this right.

Right now luggage is the big issue for us. 2 checked items per ticket and two carry-on's isn't much for someone relocating their life.

We just paid for excess bags. It cost several hundred dollars, but like you mentioned--someone is relocating their life and the excess is a one-time event.

05/16/2005 I-129F Sent

05/28/2005 I-129F NOA1

06/21/2005 I-129F NOA2

07/18/2005 Consulate Received package from NVC

11/09/2005 Medical

11/16/2005 Interview APPROVED

12/05/2005 Visa received

12/07/2005 POE Minneapolis

12/17/2005 Wedding

12/20/2005 Applied for SSN

01/14/2005 SSN received in the mail

02/03/2006 AOS sent (Did not apply for EAD or AP)

02/09/2006 NOA

02/16/2006 Case status Online

05/01/2006 Biometrics Appt.

07/12/2006 AOS Interview APPROVED

07/24/2006 GC arrived

05/02/2007 Driver's License - Passed Road Test!

05/27/2008 Lifting of Conditions sent (TSC > VSC)

06/03/2008 Check Cleared

07/08/2008 INFOPASS (I-551 stamp)

07/08/2008 Driver's License renewed

04/20/2009 Lifting of Conditions approved

04/28/2009 Card received in the mail

Timeline

I just booked my fiancee a ticket from Manila to JFK(NYC) for 752.00 USC for march 9th..It has only one stop thru tokyo with a total flight time of 18 hr 10 mins.Ticket was purchased from travel agent relative in the Philippines.

Timeline

I just bought tickets for my fiancee and her daughter to fly from MNL to CVG. I didn't have any problems, but I did have to take a copy of the tickets and my credit card and ID to the airport here, CVG, and have them verify my card and ID and change the flages on their tickets so that they won't be asked to present the credit card used to buy the tickets when checking in. They also gave me a small piece of paper that they told me was proof that the credit card was seen here and I need to scan that paper and email it to my fiancee so that she can show it if there are any questions.

--Jim

I just got off the phone with Delta. They said about the same as you are saying. I would have to go to the airport and show my i.d. after I purchased it. She didn't say anything about a small piece of paper but I will ask for that to scan and send to my fiancee. The Delta agent said we could do this with Electronic (emailed tickets) but this is not allowed on Paper Tickets. You have all been warned. You must receive the ticket via email or you can't do this.

Timeline

I just booked my fiancee a ticket from Manila to JFK(NYC) for 752.00 USC for march 9th..It has only one stop thru tokyo with a total flight time of 18 hr 10 mins.Ticket was purchased from travel agent relative in the Philippines.

I was thinking about doing that, although her final destination needs to be Boston. So, that would mean her first thing she does in America is a fun/terrifying ride on the Fung Hua bus (with me of course).

Filed: AOS (apr) Country: Philippines
Timeline

Yes this is true. Delta requires you to either go to the Airport or Delta Office location and show your ID and credit card in order to release the ticket. Delta has had many issues with high risk countries booking flight with stolen credit cards and fraud.

When I booked my fiance's ticket I have to go to Delta's Midtown Manhattan location. Good thing I work in Manhattan. It's a pain but it only took 5 mins to have them release the ticket.

God Does for those who do for themselves..!!

Timeline

Will any airport with Delta do (other than the one she's flying into)?

It would seem kind of silly to go through all the effort to get the visa, which requires the help of a sponsor in the US, only to steal the credit card number of that sponsor to get here. I'm not sure what Delta is thinking. I could picture someone using a stolen CC to try to fly from Philippines to Hong Kong or something (no visa application required), but this is just plain ridiculous.

Why don't you just send her the money & have her buy the ticket in The Philippines. Have her fly into JFK or EWR where you will meet her and then take a connecting flight to Boston.

I did something similar with my wife - I send her the money & she went to the Cathay Pacific office in Makati and booked the ticket there (she was given the 1st time immigrant fare, sorry K-1 are not eligible). She flew from Manila, had a plane change in HK and then direct to JFK. She had a comfortable ride and was well rested & feed on the plane. Her two checked bags were tagged all the way to JFK.

For choice of airlines flying from Asia to the east coast - I would do either Cathay Pacific, Singapore Airlines, JAL, Korean Airlines or Asiana Air. But that is just me. :yes:

All those airlines give you 2 free checked bags. If you want to send more stuff either ship them ahead of time via sea cargo or pay the extra charge for extra piece of luggage - the price would be about the same but you can add more to the sea cargo as they go by size & not weight.

USCIS

07-20-2010: I-130 package mailed.

07-22-2010: I-130 Package Received - Priority Date.

07-29-2010: Received text & email from USCIS - Notice Date.

07-30-2010: Check Cashed by USCIS.

08-02-2010: Received NOA1 hard copy.

08-02,04,05: Touched.

09-28-2010: Received text & email - petition approved.

10-04-2010: Received NOA2 hard copy.

NVC

10-13-2010: NVC Case# Received (after calling).

10-15-2010: Emailed DS-3032 to NVC.

10-16-2020: Received the DS-3032 package, IIN number & AOS bill via email.

10-22-2010: Paid AOS bill ($88) - showing IN PROCESS

10-25-2010: AOS fee PAID.

10-27-2010: Express Mail AOS Package.

10-27-2010: Paid IV bill - showing IN PROCESS.

10-28-2010: AOS package delivered.

10-28-2010: IV fee PAID.

10-29-2010: Express Mail IV package.

11-01-2010: IV package delivered.

11-08-2010: AOS packages entered into NVC system.

11-15-2010: IV package entered into NVC system.

11-23-2010: SIF.

11-24-2010: Case Complete.

CONSULATE

12-21-2010: Medical at SLMC - Passed

12-22-2010: Immunization at SLMC

01-04-2011: Interview @USEM ~ Approval

OTHER

02-05-2011: POE at JFK

N-400

05-01-2017: N-400 Sent

05-09-2017: Case accepted

05-15-2017: Biometric appointment scheduled

05-30-2017: Biometric

06-05-2017: Inline for interview

08-15-2017: Interview scheduled

09-19-2017: Interview (approved).

01-19-2018: Oath Ceremony

Timeline

We are approved for K-1 from Manila US Embassy. My fiancee wants me to buy the ticket for her here. I have heard there are restrictions so I searched 1

on tickets issued outside the US for international travel.

I used Jeff Jenks with Travel Is Fun. He specializes in Philippines travel. I did have to send him my ID stuff, but he got me a great price on Korean Air Lines.

You can email him at: travelisfun@wowway.com

Or call him at: (248) 546-3361 or (800) 736-6814

Edited by StraightShooter

May your visa journey be smooth and speedy.

ENGAGED TO TROPICALROSE

ringhands4.jpg

Didn't find the answer you were looking for? Ask our VJ Immigration Lawyers.